Closed A stranger approaches.

Thaurn meets Percy.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

A stranger approaches.

Postby Thaurn Proteus Sultros on June 11th, 2015, 9:59 pm

Thaurn's mind was wondering as the man awoke - so he didn't notice his change in consciousness straight away. After a few moments, the man spoke "Alright, I'd rather die than make my way to Nyka with this thing on my arm, so what're you going to do?". This caused Thaurn to think, Why is he going to Nyka? and also, what was he going to do? He couldn't really just free the man, not knowing what he would or could do - but he also didn't just want to leave him here: to most likely die. "Why are you going to Nyka?" Thaurn asked with a stern voice, deciding to leave out what he was going to do at the moment, because even he didn't really know.

The question "What are you, then?" came across as a bit blunt to Thaurn, but he didn't assume it was meant to be rude. The accompanying "Some kind of monster?" was a little harder to simply ignore. "I'm an Isur, I just have different blood to you." He said quite quickly, trying not to snap. The question about the rock and his arm caught Thaurn off-guard somewhat, and he looked at the man quizzically - wondering how much he actually knew about his race. When he was about to answer the man he was interrupted by his compensation joke, the man seemed to suffer enough from his own laugh though: Thaurn decided to retort regardless "Shouldn't you be the one trying to compensate at the moment?" he stated, before the man had fully caught his breath. After a pause and moment of silence, Thaurn decided to answer the previous question vaguely "The Isur have the blood of our god Izentor, this arm is the remnants of his lineage" he informed. "And my arm did have something to do with the strange shaping of that rock, yes."

"Shouldn't you be asking for me to free you?" Thaurn said after a while, deciding to push home his advantage into the man. "You're not exactly safe out here, with your arm joined to that rock." He added. Managing a smirk, he hoped to push the man into giving him some information or reason for his actions.
Thaurn Proteus Sultros
Player

Words: 9730
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2015, 10:27 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A stranger approaches.

Postby Percy Donhaeris on June 12th, 2015, 10:16 am

Percy was stunned from the very first question. He couldn't exactly tell the man his plans - what if the stranger attempted to stop him, after all, Percy was the one tied down. After the Isur told him about his racial lineage and such, Percy didn't know what to think. He was heading to Nyka, a city renowned for its religious integrity, to destroy it, and yet this man had managed to knock him unconscious - suddenly, he feared the path ahead.

"Let me out, please," He told, "I wasn't trying my hardest, I can beat you!" He had to persuade himself that he had what it took to defeat these blessed by the gods. "Give me one more chance to --" And then some realisation came about Percy, "Is that where you're going? Nyka?" The boy saw so much potential in a companionship with this man, and ultimately the chance to understand more about these wicked people. He figured that if he stayed with this man for a bit longer, he would learn the weaknesses of the godly men, before ending this one's life. Moreover, the man's wagon seemed like a valuable asset considering how far they'd have to travel.

It then hit Percy, what reason would the Isur have to bring him along? He'd tried to steal from him and fought him rather than returning the goods, and he (although the Isur doesn't know it), hates all gods, including Izentor. After some thinking, Percy decided that he'd get down to the very basics - he smiled, made sure not to go for a handshake, and asked, "What's your name? I'm P.". He figured at a very last resort, he could pay his way into the man's journey: at the end of the day, he had more gold than he desired to carry.
Percy Donhaeris
The Misotheist Spiritist

Words: 14566
Joined roleplay: May 23rd, 2015, 1:08 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous