Pod questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Pod questions

Postby Camwyr on July 8th, 2015, 7:18 pm

After reading the faq in the Suvan sea (As well as seeing it's no longer moderated) I noticed that it was said to be mandatory that a character belong to a pod.

As such, are the only pods those run by existing players? Could I create my own (though I'm not really into that idea) or join an existing one if members are inactive?

I'm a little unsure as the backstory I have involves some catastrophe occurring, due to the Djed Storm of years back, to whatever Pod I choose. I chose Whitewave as a placeholder, as geographically it makes some sense to my character (He's somewhat based out of Syliras in the northern Suvan Sea). But since my story may impact it slightly, and there may be established storylines that I'm unaware of, I'm afraid of stepping on toes.

Until then, I'll continue searching for information about what happened to various pods during the Djed Storm.
Camwyr
Player

Words: 1941
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2015, 6:10 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet

Pod questions

Postby Alea Davenport on July 11th, 2015, 2:52 am

I'm pretty sure your pod can just be a bunch of NPCs. (Any that you'll interact with regularly should be approved by the Help Desk.) I think for any pod to be "run by players" in the sense that it's a recognizable player organization, you'd need at least 5 PCs or so (don't quote me on the exact numbers), which I don't think there are any right now that have that.

According to the official post for the djed storm, it looks like some pods survived while others did not, thought the surviving pods adopted the remaining members of the pods that were destroyed.
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Pod questions

Postby Camwyr on July 11th, 2015, 7:43 pm

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Now I can finish my dossier.
Camwyr
Player

Words: 1941
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2015, 6:10 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet