Kalla's Stories and Letters

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Kalla's Stories and Letters

Postby Kalla Whitevine on July 25th, 2015, 2:54 am

16th Day of Summer, 515 A.V.

To my family (that includes you, Eira),
I am not certain how long it will take for you to receive this, but I thought there was no better time to write you than on my birthday. You haven't heard from me in over a season due to my traveling, so I know you wonder what has become of me and if I am still alive. I promise you that nothing ill has happened to me as of yet and I arrived in Ravok at the beginning of the season. Surprisingly, this is just the place I was looking for. It helps me feel like I am finally out and seeing the world.

There are few other Vantha, but with how most seem to like to stay in Avanthal their whole lives I am not surprised. People have actually found my eyes to be interesting! I know some visitors thought so of all our eyes when they would come, but to be in a place where it is not the norm? It's exciting in a way.

Mother, father, I know you worry and wish I had stayed home, but I promise I will come back someday. I will be safe. You wished me to be happy when I left, and I am. I am happy so far here. I may yet move on, but so far Ravok has different things to interest me. And there is so much to learn about the city and its people. I know too much about Avanthal, but this place? I need to learn more before I can move on. Though I may yet travel at the end of the season, but first I would need to decide on a place. Where I go may be farther away or simply nearby, I am not certain.

Amallys. I hope you are not yet still upset with me. I know you might not understand yet, but I had to leave. To be happy I needed to see more of the world. You may be happy in Avanthal, but I could never have been so content. If you don't mind telling me how things are going with the 'friend' you told me about? If you are already planning a wedding, try and save it until I can come for it or I'll have to send your gift long distance.

Lucien, I owe you a story just as you owe me. This may not be the most interesting, but here is what I have.

She was young and wide-eyed, traveling to mystical lands. The first land our adventurer found herself in was a place of water and boats used for travel. The city was floating. Buildings and walkways covered the lake, people moving to and fro as if living on water was completely normal. The city consisted mostly of humans, few, if any, looked like the traveling woman. Some even claimed her eyes were beautiful yet they were normal for her home.

People didn't help people for no reason in this land. No, this was a place where people kept their heads down in fear of being taken away by the overseeing power. Perhaps that should give truth to the idea that the city was ruled by evil, but the woman didn't believe that. Nothing was evil to its core, even if that was claimed to be someone's domain. She believed that extended to the city as well.

While much did not happen and she thought she might move on at some point, she did meet a few people. One of which being someone searching for someone who had harmed him. A strange idea, yes, but it was for the lost man's good. The strange man did not wish for the lost man to stay lost. If that would end well? The woman did not know. She only knew what she saw and heard, and the end to that story had yet to pass her ears.

The city was a strange place, so different from her home. But it was new and exciting. How could it not be? While she did miss her family and friends, she knew she made the right choice. Being out in the mystical world was where she was meant to be.

I love you all,
Kallalyn Whitevine
Kalla Whitevine
Child of the Aurora and Winter

Words: 29360
Joined roleplay: June 23rd, 2015, 12:02 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes