I'm new- hullo ^^

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Aiyana Ottano on August 6th, 2015, 11:52 pm

My name is Louise (or just Lou!) and I'm a 21 year old Biology student. I live in the UK and I'm an aspiring secondary school teacher because I love learning and I want to inspire others to love it too ^^

I have absolutely zilch role playing experience (so I would really love it if anyone has any tips on how to get started), however I am a keen writer. I tend to write fantasy and dystopian, but I also write a lot of poems (if y'all ever wanna share poetry please message me :D). My favourite part of writing is character development and thinking out backstories, so I thought I'd give roleplaying a go. I googled some sites and this one sounded the best, so here I am.

Whilst here I hope to add to the community with my story and I'd really like to meet some fellow dorky writer buddies ^^ And I'm always looking for ways to practice and improve my writing, so this seems a fab place to do it.

I intend to play as a Kelvic, the animal counterpart of which will be a lynx, although I haven't named her yet ^^

Uhh, in real life, I love reading, writing and knitting. Cats are eveything. I like sitting in my jammies and watching netflix.

I love being around people and generally I'm just one of those happy, go-lucky sorts who talks a lot. I love making new friends so please drop me a line!

It's nice to be here and I hope to see you all around! :D

p.s. sorry for the length of this
Aiyana Ottano
I make my own destiny

Words: 14439
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2015, 11:19 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Nightmare on August 7th, 2015, 1:10 am

Hello!

Welcome to Mizahar!

Be sure to read your starting PM before you get started and tak some time to check out the extensive lore. :)

When you get around to making a character, remember to change your username to the name of your character. I am sure you'll get reminded of this every step of the way until you do I am afraid. But no need to rush.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or hop into chat and pose them there. Alternatively there is a Q&A section of the board that you can ask a batch of questions.

Again welcome, and I hope your time here is a wonderful experiance. :)

If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Otaia on August 7th, 2015, 7:30 am

Welcome! Nightmare (who is a lot less terrifying than his name suggests, I assure you) seemed to have given you a basic overview of what to do, so I won't bother restating what he already said.

Mizahar was my own first roleplaying experience, and I've found that, although it takes a while to get comfortable, it's so unique and amazing that any other site is just not worthy.

And, although I'm more than five years younger than you, we seem to have a lot of similar interests. Cats, Pajamas, and netflix, along with messed up sleep schedules because of said Netflix, makes up about 75% of my summer. ^.^
ImageImage
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/3 Threads
Otaia
Guard Your Pockets.

Words: 15780
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2015, 10:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Aiyana Ottano on August 7th, 2015, 6:31 pm

Thanks, you guys! After spending a day of reading various things about the religion and such, I've finally created my character sheet and I'm hopefully good to go!

Also woo for cats and Netflix! And haha, I know those feels- I'm up until 3am most nights because of chuffing TV shows :P
Aiyana Ottano
I make my own destiny

Character sheet

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Isaac BloodRose on August 8th, 2015, 7:15 am

Welcome! While I am new to Mizahar, I am not new to role play, so if you need advice, like avoiding being a Mary Sue, or simple things, like character choice, never hesitate to ask. I am happy to supply help as needed, even if I'm not an admin here. I may not be as good as some, but I can provide decent advice, or links to places that can help.

There are three others that help with this character, all friendly in their own way, so don't be afraid to ask us.

There's:

{Ad}

*Jay*

And ~Isaac~

So if there's someone you wish to speak to, just ask for them.

~And now she's rambling... Anyways, go ahead and ask when you wish for help.~
Isaac BloodRose
Player

Words: 2958
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2015, 3:48 am
Race: Zith

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Vhertos Forgebroken on August 8th, 2015, 12:48 pm

Greetings!

I remember when I got started with roleplay, I didn't even understand the basically terminology, but it's something you pick up quite fast, but I'm always around if you want some tips, I have been doing this for quite a while, so I like to think I have gotten used to it by this point. :)

My favourite part of roleplay has always been character development and world design (especially this, I'm sorta addicted), so I can certainly understand that part of wanting to roleplay :) - I also actually write poetry, and although they are usually for my own purposes, I do share them with others if they want to read them, so I'd be happy to share some poetry sometime.

I hope you enjoy your time on the site, and I'm sure you'll be a great roleplayer in no time!
Vhertos Forgebroken
Squire of Syliras

Words: 13090
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2015, 2:04 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I'm new- hullo ^^

Postby Aiyana Ottano on August 8th, 2015, 5:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome, you two! :D

I'm getting used to things a little more now, although I expect I will mess up at some point :P

I will definitely message you sometime about poetry ^^

Hope to you see you both around
Aiyana Ottano
I make my own destiny

Character sheet