Solo Experiment With Cooking

Marcus cooks a plate of fish and gets Avon to taste it.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Experiment With Cooking

Postby Avon on September 15th, 2015, 7:42 pm

Avon heard the knock on the door and went over to open it. She new exactly who it was, as he generally came by around this time. She opened the door, and standing there was Marcus, her best friend, or Clover, as she preferred to call him. He was holding a basket covered with cloth, and it looked like he had attempted to cook something again. Lets just say that Clover wasn't great at improvising. He needed a recipe in order to make anything acceptable.

She could tell just from the smell that this had been a disaster. Miraculously, Clover never picked up on how bad his masterpieces smelled, or he just never associated small with taste. She did her best to be encouraging though, he was her best friend, and cooking was his job. That generally meant tasting it and saying that it needed a bit more salt or something minor that was true, while not mentioning all the other problems. She just didn't want to hurt his feelings.

He came in and set the basket on the table. "You need to furnish this place a bit more Avon. It's not very homelike." He mentioned motioning to the single chair, and the chest across the room. "We could paint the walls, or at least get a nice painting."
Avon smiled. "You know why I'm not decorating. Arent we saving up to leave? Do go explore the world? I just don't see the point in decorating somewhere im planning on leaving."
Clover sighed melodramatically. "At least you could get another chair for this table." Avon face palmed. She had been planning to do that earlier.
"I meant to do that, I really did!" She replied. She pulled the clothe off of the top of the basket and pulled a little piece off of the fish inside before popping it in her mouth nonchalantly, bracing for the terrible flavor that usually came with Clover's experiments. She relaxed as she tasted it. It just tasted like fried fish. And surprisingly it didn't taste bad at all.

"This is really good." She stated, taking another piece of the fish and eating it as well. "Well, you didn't like the more complex dishes I've made, so I decided to start simply and work my way up from there. Hence the fish." He said, giving a little bow.
Avon
Player

Words: 7156
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2015, 3:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Experiment With Cooking

Postby Avon on September 16th, 2015, 6:25 pm

"We should get some bread, and make this a real meal." She said. She pulled out a couple of eating utensils and cut the fish in half. She turned the basket so that the side that shed taken chunks from faced her, and the untouched side faced Clover. She pulled off another piece and popped it into her mouth. "How's the job at the tavern going?" She asked, chewing on the piece of fish.

"It's going well, I'm hoping to get employed full time to earn a little extra money. What about you? Have you gotten a job teaching yet?"

Avon smiled and finished eating her fish. "Well, I haven't had any progress on that front, but I do have a bit of news. You might not like it though." She ate another bite of fish. "I think i'm going to do some mercenary work. It'll be a chance to train my reimancy and earn some money as well." She could tell by his face that he didn't like the idea.

"Mercenary work is dangerous. I know you can take care of yourself, but if your going to do mercenary work, please be careful." He said, not wanting to keep her from doing what she wanted to do. "Seriously, be careful and don't over give, alright? I don't want you going insane, or hurting yourself." Avon nodded. She didn't want to die or go insane either, which was why she'd always been extremely careful when using reimancy. That was the thing though. Unless you grew up with someone and stayed with them all the time, you could never know whether or not someone had overgiven before and gone on a murderous rampage. She was glad to have someone like Clover who trusted her, even with her reimancy. It was both a gift and a curse.
Avon
Player

Words: 7156
Joined roleplay: September 5th, 2015, 3:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets