Semele

Goddess of Earth, Minerals, and Gems.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Semele

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 5:23 am

Semele

ImageThe Goddess Semele is perhaps one of the most withdrawn and alien of the entire pantheon. Representing the earth itself, Semele is a creature of the soul and depths, of glittering exotic gemstones and solid, stoic bedrock. While friendly enough, Semele oftentimes takes less notice of the denizens that dwell upon her form than an elemental Goddess perhaps should. Close friends with Ivak, their domains cross over each other somewhat, forcing them to make agreements and form understandings of each other that other Gods have not. Semele has a soft spot in her heart for Zulrav, for he often rearranges her appearance, much like the seasonal gods and goddesses do. It is through his gentle winds that whispers of the world pass to her, so that Semele rarely lacks an understanding of what goes on within the world. Her followers, the Vantila, have the ability to harness the power of rocks, minerals, and gemstones, unleashing their inner properties unto the world.

Semele is often depicted as a great beauty. When she manifests, she has no clothing, though she needs none, for her appearance is usually indistinct. Her body is made up of the glitter of gems and the deep rich tones of earth. Greenish silver eyes often are framed with greenish silver lashes which match the hair that flows long and proud down her shoulders. Her voice is soft and low, echoing like natural amphitheaters and windworn canyons. Semele marks people who follow her and display a deep reverence for her body and the treasures it holds.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Semele

Postby Dravite on October 7th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Dravite offers a sacrifice to Semele and Zulrav

47 Summer 515 AV
Morning, 10th Bell

Thread

“Friends,” he boomed above the rumble and chatter of the crowd, stealing their attention for a spell, “in honour of my new wife, Pearl and her son Garrison, I have taken the finest animal from my goat herd to sacrifice on their behalf to the favoured god of the Diamond Clan, Zulrav; father of storms, and his love, Semele, the mother. As children of the wind, we give thanks, and ask them that our summers be long and our winters kind.”

The crowd gave a cheer as Dravite took the buck by the horn and drew the sharpened dagger across the throat. It was a good, clean killing; the goat bowed forth on his knees as if to accept his fate, spilling his life blood on the earth for Semele to drink before buckling sideways to finally close his eyes.
Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Semele

Postby Quzon on July 1st, 2018, 9:44 pm

Quzon feasts in Semele's honor to worship her regularly.

Thread

3rd of Summer, 518 A.V.

Quzon turned the head upside down to place it on his lap to expose where he had severed the spinal cord. He reached to his side to retrieve his hunting knife from his boot, then proceeded to slowly press the blade into the bottom of the neck. He carved a slow circle into it, then pulled the small bit of spine out as if he had cut into the top of a pumpkin to expose its fillings, which in this case was Yukman brain matter kept fresh by the skull for a day.

While a horrid sight, he was alone, and now began his personal ritual in honor of adding the Goddess Semele to his personal pantheon of faith. He spoke to himself in the language of Myrian as he began the prayer.

"Semele, Battlefield of all Victories. Who's treasure is granting all a path to walk, and who's deep treasures are sought by all. I pray only that you aid me in enduring all hardships so that I may one day stand as majestic as the mountains which form your every curve. I now honor you with the celebration of a feast! This monster was born of your soil and will now nurture my body so that I may be strong enough to fight future battles against your foes in your name!"

Once the last words slipped passed his lips, he set the knife aside to claw his hand into the base of the neck, grabbing a solid handful of brain matter. Its wetness felt like he had just crunched a mango in his palm. It was a texture that made him hungrier... and brought it to his mouth where he began to feast on it. Swallowing hungrily until their was nothing left but a hollow skull.

Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)