Words of the Resident LARP Goddess

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Rosela on August 4th, 2015, 12:28 pm

Welcome to the lovely world of post-grad life! Glad things are turning out, though maybe not quite as you expected, and I'm sure the next chapter will be better than this one :)

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on August 25th, 2015, 7:46 am

Stuff

Okay. This will probably be a quick one to summarise what's going on without going into too much detail. Stuff has happened. In honesty this 'stuff' has actually been going on for a good few weeks now and has finally reached one element of closure, only to open up another can of worms of further stuff and backlash to deal with. It is not good stuff, but stuff that provides some element of relief for both myself and my family. A very small few of you know the more specific details, and in honesty that's where I would like to leave it. I'll probably still be about, just taking a more back ground and seemingly more quiet view than normal. Don't worry about me. Just focus on what you're all here for; plotting, scheming and telling awesome stories.

Catch you guys and gals around,

-Fallon
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on October 15th, 2015, 7:51 am

Time

It came to me much a kin to a bull smashing in through the door of a china shop. You can watch it coming through the window, the moment of blurring as you think that by some strange power it will change its course at the last minute, before the resounding crash of splintering wood and fragile Porcelain comes crashing to the ground. It cannot be stopped, it cannot be slowed, maybe redirected for a time but soon enough it will come no matter the odds. For the name of that bull is Life, and Life waits for no one.

Which leads me to my point.

For the last few weeks I have spent a majority of my time rinsing and repeating, job applications, interviews, refreshing the email inbox for a glimmer of hope that I got what I need (which, by the way, I did not), while simultaneously staring into the mirror with the realisation of above. Life does not wait, nor does time. It will gobble up and swallow and spit out whatever it chooses to as and when it wants to - for that is life. Yet, sometimes life also points that it is also time to move on. When enough is enough and no more can be achieved at present, one has to allow themselves to let go and get on with life.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I'm tying up my Fallon stuff and vacating Mizahar for a while. I say this as I look at her, scratch my head and go "yeah, this is an alright place to leave her. Yeah, she'll be fine here and I can pick her up again if desired" - emphasis on the if. I do not see this as a permanent vacating, nor do I see this as the end. I see this merely as the placing down of priorities and accepting the hard truth.

Life cannot and will not wait for anyone.

So, while I spend the next week clearing out my "work desk" and bringing things to a close I say only this; thank you for the adventure, thank you for the words, thank you for the time, drop a line if you need me in the next week, good luck, stay merry, learn to dance in the rain, so long, and thanks for all the fish.

So Long :

-BSc Jen/Fallon, and The Bear.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on October 16th, 2015, 8:38 pm

I just want to wish you the best of luck in all and any of your pursuits. It was a joy to meet you and all your various efforts on Miz have certainly been appreciated.

I hope you don't stop writing, even if it's not on Mizahar. You're very talented and I've certainly enjoyed reading your work. =)
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ball on November 6th, 2015, 1:52 pm

I apparently never did write down a reply to this... I thought i did.

Anyway, =( You shall be missed Fally. Hope life gives you all sorts of goodies and such! Keep refreshing that inbox, eventually something good will show up =D

We will be here though when you return. Even if you don't return as Fally, we will always remember you as such =D
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on November 16th, 2016, 8:14 pm

The Bull

It turns out that Bulls don't like bear traps.

I'll be honest, I've been putting this off for the last few months due to a mixture of apprehension and personal nausea. Don't get me wrong, I've been lurking on an off - reading plots, stalking threads, making bookmarks. But imagine it a little bit of that horrible anxious gnawing sensation that makes you hesitate, the little insecure whispers in the ear: What do I do? Do I just turn up and go "Hi!" What will they think? I mean, it has been over a year now and I did, essentially, let the team down. Am I even welcome here? What if they get out the pitchforks?

It's a personal poison, but with a mind dump and talk at particular individual (looking at you here Firenze), I allowed myself to at least begin the process of dipping my toe back into the role play pool called Mizahar.

Consider this a 'soft' return. I may play Fallon - If I do then I need to work out what I am going to do with her and what's happened in the last year. Plot, scheme and make shenanigans. And of course, do the necessary lore and rule recapping to get back on track. Lore is important. Prepare to watch me fumble blindly over it once more. Either way, I will be taking it slow over the next few weeks. I don't think I'll be playing this side of season change - remember your seasonal expenses! - and I plan to do the logical thing of taking it slow.

Because I imagine the question will come - yes, that glimmer of hope of a job did eventually come forth, ironically due to my basic code understanding achieved in Mizahar. Enter the Management Information Systems Apprentice Analyst: in layman terms I manage IT systems for a company including but not limited to administrational tasks, to basic SQL databases to coding and developing a website. I mean, I'm not any good at it. But at least it's something I enjoy and slowly getting qualified for.

Either way, seems that delicious template tinkering finally paid off.

So, yes. I guess, once I've found my feet once more you'll see me around. I'll stick to my usual method of the open inbox. Drop a message, say hello, so on and so forth. It'd be nice to catch up.

-BSc Jen/Fallon
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on November 16th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Scars for life!

Good to see ya, Bitz.
A Firenze Template

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sayana on November 16th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Hi Fallon :)

Just wanted to say that it's lovely to see you again. Sounds like you're doing something you enjoy.

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ball on November 16th, 2016, 11:06 pm

Fally! -jumps- hii I been wondering about ya.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Shiress on November 19th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Sweet heart! I have missed you, my friend! So good to see you lurking about :nod:
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext