[Redd's Scrapbook] My Ramblings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Redd's Scrapbook] -My Disappearance Explained

Postby Redd on August 3rd, 2015, 1:37 pm

-My Disappearance Explained

Hello all,

I know that a rare some may have wondered as to where this red wolf went to and I have to say, that it was the hospital. With everything that was happening, I relapsed to a point where I had to go back onto anti-depressants, but all is hopefully beginning to work itself out again. We moved house and I now have my adorable pets with me, so things are picking up for me mentally. Work is a pain in the butt, but that too is slowly progressing, not to mention that I'm going to be starting Uni next Semester, which is kinda exciting.

Anyway, I'm hoping that things will get back on track so then I can start posting again on Miz.

Cheers,
-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -A Random Bunch of Text

Postby Redd on August 19th, 2015, 9:44 am

-A Random Bunch of Text

[WARNING! Language is used, if you don't like it then the 'x' button is in the top right corner of your tab or browser.]

I started this originally to talk about Redd and her new direction of finding herself out of slavery and standing on her own two feet, but instead, I'm not going to tell you guys those details. Why? Because where is the fun in that? For me that is, you all get to wait in suspense, unless of course you're my favourite cuddly certain someone. LOL!

Anyway, instead, I've decided to talk about why I keep deciding to stay on Mizahar when so many people tell me that the magic is dead. The truth is, it isn't dead, it's just people get so caught up in the OOC outcomes and events, that they forget that their character really doesn't care about these things. You read about reviews and most of them comment on the OOC stuff that happens out of character when the site isn't about the OOC, it's about the development of characters and their story of how they overcome their constant struggles. Mizahar, is about the PC, not the person behind the computer. The reason as to why I created an account on Mizahar in the first place, was to get lost in Redd's journey. Hell, I couldn't even care less as to how many skill points that graders give, I take it on the chin and kept writing. Half the time, I still couldn't be bothered as to what skill points people give me, because as a grader myself, I can understand that some graders sit there and think to themselves, 'Now should I award this? What did they actually do in their actions per se?' Redd gets whatever she is given and it's added, no arguments. The last thing that I want to be, is a pain in the ass and create drama for me when I just want to enjoy a journey.

I stay even when so many people leave and they create problem for me and Redd, unintentionally of course. However, through communication, I generally get through it and move on. These events create complications for Redd and they teach her lessons. Plus, when the other person does come back, it also creates another branch of a story that you can advance upon. Maybe create an embarrassing run in. Mizahar is about creation! It's about getting the chance to explore and be something that you're not normally! It's about creating a personality that you're not normally in real life. Mizahar is about the story, not the OOC crap.

Now I know what you're all going to say, 'It's not even original though! It's based off of other supernatural creatures.' Bitch please, when is something EVER original now days? At least these races, while based off of others, have their differences. These races even have a back story which is intriguing to me. The thing is, it's a wonderful site to journey and interact with other characters, make something of it instead of bitching about it. 'But it's limiting!' Psh, it's only limiting if your tiny mind makes it limiting. If it's something that I've learned through Redd being a slave, is that it's only limiting if you make it so. There is a shit load of lore running around the site. If you're struggling with inspiration or ideas, just simply do a bit of reading. You can even peruse a few player-based scrapbooks, some of them are fairly interesting and an easy reading. 'But you left the site because of OOC bullcrap.' Actually, no I didn't, I took a small siesta because I had a lot going on and although I'm back, I'm also still balancing real life and Mizahar, so I'm not going to be on 24/7. That doesn't mean that I will forget about Mizahar, oh no! There are too many interesting new journeys ahead of Redd for me to quit now!

A little hint about the OOC though, don't get too involved in it, because that is not why we are here. A lot of people quit because of the OOC stuff, but it's only because whether they realize it or not, that they too are creating some of that OOC drama. For me, I've realize to take a step back. I realized that the other night when I felt like someone was trying to bully me into something that I didn't feel ready to do. I just had to take a step back, and quit that OOC topic. I felt a lot better about it too. We just need to trust that those that have been placed into a position of power upon this site, know what they are doing and leave it at that. Continue on threading and enjoy your character's journey! Welp, I've rambled on for too long and I shall leave it at that.

Just remember, the wolf doesn't bite... Much.

-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Mirage on August 19th, 2015, 3:40 pm

I clicked here on random, and you know what I really enjoyed this last post. Keep on keeping on. Do you and let others do them. I think you have the right idea :). Good luck on your journey!
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Fable on August 19th, 2015, 4:01 pm

I tip my hat to your thoughts.

Wel said.
Fable
A yarn is spun from many strings.

Words: 267393
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:17 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Estrellir Konrath on August 20th, 2015, 9:51 am

This is exactly what I'm trying to do too. Stay out of the OOC and create stories together. If we all focused on that, I'm pretty sure there would be no drama in the first place...
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Running Out of Love

Postby Redd on August 30th, 2015, 4:16 pm

-Running Out of Love

Sooo, in between grading and doing a couple of posts here and there, I also play games on my Playstation 4. My current obsession, is Destiny! I started playing it a while back, just after I lost my job at the start of the year. Anyway, the game community is great and Bungie likes to make honourable mentions of player game play montages. Anyway, I got hooked on this song when I watched one of these montages, it's pretty catchy. Enjoy!

The wolf doesn't bite... Much
-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -A Small Break

Postby Redd on September 8th, 2015, 2:41 pm

-A Small Break

Hey guys, I'm taking a break from Mizahar for a week to deal with real life. I'm just you all a heads up.

The wolf doesn't bite... Much
-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Contemplative Reflection

Postby Redd on September 20th, 2015, 6:04 pm

-Contemplative Reflection

I know that I've been rather.... patchy in logging on, at the most I've just been checking messages and taking note of the ones that effect my character's here and now. Although, my current patchiness is because I have been wresting with myself mentally. I used to have this really good friend, one that I could go to whenever I was feeling down and out. We have been friends for over nine years as we were high school buddies, although I was the more rebel out of us all. Safe to say, I almost got expelled once just for wearing my uniform incorrectly. [I deliberately wore my uniform incorrectly, just so you know.] So when she moved to the same town at the end of last year, I was incredibly happy, but we hadn't seen each other for like three years. Then we applied for the same job by accident and we both got it. We occasionally worked together, but due to recent events, I have requested to our boss, to not place us on the same job.

Why do you ask? It's simple really. Little was it known to us, we had both changed, well, I had changed more so than her. I had straighten out my act, I spoke only the truth, I was honest and I busted my ass for my friends, making sure to take care of my own needs at the same time. If my friends were in trouble, I was sure to give them a head's up, but she didn't like that and we got into an argument on a job site. For some reason, she felt the need to start when I had been instructed by our boss to check over her work. This had only started happening when she had screwed up on site one too many times and the boss wanted everyone to check over her work. She started in on me when I was only being honest and trying to cover her ass as well as my own. My so-called friend said that I didn't know how to be a friend and that I was incapable of such a thing. She also said a few things which I cannot repeat due to work sensitive subjects also being in there, but the gist of it was that I couldn't be a friend.

Ever since that argument, it's been a plague upon my mind and I've been reflecting and thinking about it. Am I really the crappiest friend that someone could ever have? With people radio silent on Mizahar in regards to plots and others just being plain radio silent, it really does make me think that my people skills really do lack some-what, but do they really lack something shocking? Honestly, I don't know where I'm failing, I chat and I'm basically up for anything. In real life, forums and playstation. I divide my time up as best as I can and yet I'm still struggling to find the answer to my question. This isn't a poor me post, it's just a simple, 'Where am I going wrong?' post. Plus it's just a simple personality reflection and partial rant post. I'm also hoping that getting it out of my head, will also help me get some rest at night. Sometimes, it's times like this when I feel very much like Redd.

Remember, the wolf doesn't bite... Much
-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Or Should I?

Postby Redd on November 5th, 2015, 3:46 am

-Or Should I?

So anyway, someone suggested that I go for a walk as I was lacking in inspiration, but the fiancé coaxed me into doing a little photo shoot using the cloak that I had originally bought for Halloween but didn't go out in the end. Here is a rare image of me:

The image kinda reminded me of my character Redd. Although I won't be using myself as a model anytime soon. Haha, I don't have Fally's guts and amazing looks.

Remember, the wolf doesn't bite... much
-Redd
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Ball on November 5th, 2015, 4:21 am

how beautiful
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes