Hello my friends!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello my friends!

Postby Zaahir Utaar on November 3rd, 2015, 7:45 am

Greetings to all you beautiful people. I am very new to this forum, and have spent the last two days reading up on every thing I can get my grubby little hands on. Because I normally suck at these sort of posts, I'm going to copy/paste/answer the pinned template and go from there!

1. Name - Zaahir will do just fine. I believe it is pronounced Zah-heer.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? - A lot. Way too much, probably. I spent years RPing on forums before making a transition to MMOs, and have since wavered from MMOs to forums to IMs. It's been sort of every where, honestly, ranging from all manner of themes such as Zoids, Megaman, Fairy world, Eastern themed (ninjas/samurai/oni and the like.) to a Soul Caliber fantasy and even ...Risk style game. I have been every where.

3. How did you find us? - Google! Googled "Fantasy RP Forums" and this was at the top of the list. For good reason too.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? - Honestly I love it all. A space where I can be creative in a world with set rules and limitations, while being able to explore new and possibilities that have not been thought of are my favorite. Sci fi, Fantasy, love it all.

Of course if you mean style of content, I am a fan of active progression. Meaning two characters that form a relationship (of any sort) over a subject that is not just a beer. The more coincidence the better. Nothing I love more then throwing characters together into an unexpected situation and watching them become friends (or enemies!) and to watch that relationship grow organically and naturally. God it's the best thing ever.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? - Give me that adventure. Give me that dungeon crawl into ancient ruins, or stumbling onto a sealed tomb. I love deep interaction between characters where they sit down and have a real talk, but I also love to forge the metal via fire. Give me conflict, give me heart break, give me redemption. If an RP can make me feel something- anything- emotionally, I consider it a rousing success.

There is not much I don't like to RP. I can't stand characters that simply sit and stagnate. Such as a constant bar goer, a happily-ever-after wedding, and the like. Hell, even character death is fine with me if it makes sense. Just give me the feels, man!

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? - Good god the detail. Holy shit. Sorry for the language but when I first started clicking around, I was astounded. When I saw that the gestation period was readily available, I knew I was hooked.

Not..that I am focusing on gestation...but the detail. Anything I could need to know abut the world, the races, and the time (including seasons?!) is posted. Just damn.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? Few minor, nit picky things. Some things aren't uniformed (height/weight measurements for races, for example.) and some minor grammatical errors that made me do a double take, though they were so few and far between that I couldn't remember a specific example to bring up.

The biggest frustration I have is making a Benshiran, and it seems the entire continent of Eyktol has been closed. For years. x.x

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience? - To make some friends and a story that will develop for some time to come. I love the stat system, but I am eager to see my character develop new ideals and concepts of life outside the Tents as he travels the lands and gets a (most likely hard) lesson on what life is really like outside the sands of his home lands.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? - Eyktol please. So much potential to uncover ruins of an empire under the sands of the desert. But I am bias. Still! Ancient (Egyptian-esq?) structures housing old, powerful, most likely dangerous artifact. Trap covered corridor catacombs carry crazy cavorts careening towards catastrophe? Come on now.

10. Anything else you want to talk about? - I look forward to meeting a lot of new people as soon as I get my character sheet up, though I am a tad hesitant to approach new people to jump into an RP with, specially considering the sort of length and quality I have seen go into the few posts I have poked around in. x.x So there is a pretty solid chance I will nervously linger at the edges for a while before finally taking a leap in and RPing, but if any one is just looking for something to do, hit me up and I am sure we can figure something out!
Zaahir Utaar
The Fury of the Sands.

Words: 1622
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2015, 2:16 pm
Race: Human, Benshira

Hello my friends!

Postby Aaliyah Tabr on November 4th, 2015, 8:35 am

Welcome! You seem really cool! We share a lot of the same interests, I think

I'm excited to see you around, and I hope we can do a thing sometime!
Aaliyah Tabr
Harlot

Words: 17646
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Hello my friends!

Postby Ball on November 5th, 2015, 5:17 am

Eyktol has been on the back burners for years, it is a slowly being developed and tweaked to perfection and hopefully an ST will come along and open its floodgates for all you desert walkers
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes