New person looking for friendly faces!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Faradae on December 20th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen!

Now that I'm done fiddling with this version of BBC to make my standard post format work (phew), I wish to introducede my humble self to all of you distinguished roleplayers

Since this forum nudges us towards permanent in-character-ness through account naming (which I teasingly ignore by making this post - but then again, what else could a poor newbie possibly do?), I'm fine with being called Faradae for now (pronounce it like Faraday - I didn't want to name my character after some old mathematician), or any abbreviation you come up with.

I'm a relatively young person of the female gender from Germany, so bear with my grammatical faux pas, I'm doing my best, I promise.

I've been roleplaying fantasy with friends through multiple years of school, along with writing cute little stories and building more characters than I care to count. The aforementioned fantasy roleplaying was set in an original fantasy world, and now that it's over, I dearly miss it. Mizahar sounds alike in many ways, and different in enough other ones, so it might just be a good place to put my fantasy. The fantasy genre is generally a faible of mine - call me delusional, but it has a vibe I can't quite let go of.

There's no tabu topic I wouldn't want to write -however, I admit I tend to have little problems with combat scenes - especially duels. It gets better when there's many people and mingling. Got to practise that.

I only just found Mizahar today, so I just read up on the most important law, I'm planning to find out the details as I begin to roleplay here - I would, however, dearly care for some people to welcome me, someone to perhaps show me around for a good start...?
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nephti on December 20th, 2015, 3:24 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Your english is great, but we don't mind the occasional slip up - everyone does that! If you do need any help with anything, feel free to just PM me, and I'll do my best to help you out.
Nephti
Player

Words: 198805
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 5:44 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kiva on December 20th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Faradae.

There is a lot in Miz to read, but my biggest piece of advice is to take it as you go. Of course there are going to be things you'll need to familiarize yourself with. Rules/creating a character, a few races that stand out to you, maybe a city or two. But you can learn a lot as you go. For instance, if you're not creating a character that uses magic, you don't have to read all of the magic lore just yet. Or if there are gods your character doesn't know about/doesn't worship, you don't have to worry about it.

A lot of stuff I learned, simply because I read it out of interest, and that helped me from not feeling too overwhelmed. I didn't read the lore on Ethaefal for a long time. (Note: They're pretty cool, btw.)

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to send me a PM. I'll try to give you a speedy reply (although we do live in different parts of the globe). When you do get settled into a city (Riverfall, if you want to write with my Myrian character. ;D) the best thing you can do is message people and ask if they're interested or open to thread. We also have a matchmaker forum that might help you with that as well. Not sure if you get that in your starting PM.

I hope you stick around. We are always happy to accept new members. Chat is usually pretty welcoming as well, if that interests you. I think that pretty much covers most of what I had to say. Last but not least, storytellers are your friend.

Hope to see you writing!
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Faradae on December 20th, 2015, 8:42 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, both of you! Way to fight the fear of the unknown c:

Nephti;; - Thanks for the flowers, I shall rest assured. But joke aside, questions are bound to come up and I'll probably come back to you when they do. Thanks for replying and offering your help, I appreciate it greatly!

Kiva;; - That's exactly what I'm planning to do. The lore is just too extensive to read and commpletely endluge oneself in in one afternoon, so I won't force that. I'll always read up on what my char needs to know and on what interests me, but not necessarily on every city around the globe that my character has never seen and is not planning to visit for the next couple of decades.

Hah, I actually read the lore on Ethaefal (and yes, I had to check that spelling twice right now) and I agree, they're pretty amazing. Just like everyone else, really. Since I was originally planning to opt for Kelvic, I read that lore, as well, and now I'm not so sure that's where I want to begin. It is still possible to switch, right?

I think you and I might just get along, so I'll read about Riverfall and maybe we can set something up? That would be great.

I took that remark to heart and made a post on what I think is the off topic chat forum (hopefully), so I won't cluster the intro post with too much spam. Meep.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Firenze on December 21st, 2015, 2:24 pm

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!

Good to see a fresh face! Don't worry about the grammar, people are pretty understanding here.

If you have questions about Kelvics please feel free to ask your resident kitty. *bows* There are quite a few Kelvics on here, but I've noticed recently we're not as abundant as we once were. But you'll almost always find one lurking in chat.

If you need help working on your CS or coding please feel free to ask.

May I also suggest making a scrapbook? It's a good place to throw references, nonsensical things, or just stick information you're not quite sure where else to put but want to hang on to.

Mizahar is rather large and sometimes it can be hard to find things, if you're trying to look something up but not sure where to find it anyone in chat would be more than willing to toss you the link or you can shoot me a PM and I can get it over for you. I'm usually on chat most of the day so it shouldn't be an issue.

I hope you have fun and enjoy being here! This was my first roleplaying site and I will say I've looked at other places but I can never really get into them but I think it's because Miz has spoiled me, we have a lot of really rich lore and awesome players! I think you'll like it here ;)

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!

Firenze
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Faradae on December 21st, 2015, 3:12 pm

Hey Firenze, and once again, thanks for the welcome! Somehoe I managed to miss your post up to now. Lost in lore. Since I can already see I'll be lurking in chat, myself, I think we'll probably meet alot. And I'll keep being a nuisance about the CS until I'm completely happy with it.

I didn't know about the scrapbooks, so thank you very much! That seems extremely useful.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook