Syliras is looking for another AS!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Syliras is looking for another AS!

Postby Dusk on November 23rd, 2010, 2:55 am

Sparkly Things Make Good Bribes

Hello everyone. Nono, don't run away shrieking in fear just yet. I promise, it's not that bad.

Syliras currently has two AS's and a DS, but all three of us have real lives and a finite amount of time. I was hoping that two AS's would be enough to keep up, but with the influx of awesome new players adding to the awesomeness of old ones, there's a LOT of daily upkeep that has to be done around the city.

By which I mean: Look at my Office and how many awards need to be given. It's a lot. I could spend every hour of my free time doing awards and ignoring all the myriad other duties I should be doing, and it'd still take me over a week to clear these out - and by then, there would be ten new ones. I'm not complaining - I love having people RPing here, and so enthusiastic about advancing their character and doing awesome stuff! I just really hate seeing their threads sitting around waiting for XP. I have my own PCs. I know how much it sucks to wonder if you're EVER going to get that award.

So I'm officially taking applications for another AS. I want you to understand going in - the majority of your job, at least for the first little while, will be grading threads. It's how I started with Goss, and it's how both my AS's started with me. The fact that Syliras is so populated makes it a necessity.

Here's my preferred list of attributes:
  • Familiar with the Skills and Magics enough to appropriately recognize their use in a thread in order to award them.
  • Detail-oriented and able to keep track of any tasks I may ask you to keep on top of.
  • Fairly laid-back, but friendly and a team-player. My team is very open with each other and has no problem chatting each other up about what we need and what we want to do more or less of, and I need someone who's going to be able to come to us (and have us come to you!) whenever there's something that needs taking care of. We also like to crack dirty jokes, so if you're cool with that it's a bonus.
  • As with all AS's per the Founders, you must have been an active member of Mizahar for at least 60 days.

Honestly, this is a great opportunity for someone who's maybe been considering volunteering for an AS position but aren't sure if you want the responsibility or have the time or what have you. You can join the team, work on clearing out our offices, and see how things are done behind the scenes. Get your feet wet, so to speak. And if in a few months you decide you want to move to another area, or maybe apply for DS, or maybe even that being on staff isn't right for you, that's totally cool. We really just need some help to get through the next few months (which include a bunch of holidays, finals, and my vacation to Singapore [woot!]) - but if you love it and we're working out, I would be totally stoked to have you stick around with us.

If you're interested, please send me a PM letting me know why you think you'd be a great fit for this team. After some back and forth, if my team agrees we'll recommend you on to the Founders to submit a full application.

Either way, we of Syliras love you guys, and hope you love us back and keep hanging out here in the big castle!
PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)