Uneasy Beginnings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Uneasy Beginnings

Postby Jagd Gabble on February 9th, 2016, 11:38 pm

I've heard about this site maybe a year ago from a group of friends who were going to try it out, but never ended up getting far enough into the drafting process. After a few months of thinking back to it, I decided I'd finally make my first foray into the world of heavier roleplaying. It's a little scary, but I think I can make it.

Though I have participated in (and even ran) a host of lighter roleplays, choose-your-owns and play-by-posts, this is the first time I try a system that's so expansive. I think that's part of my attraction to Mizahar. Most of the things I participate in are very free-form, and it's interesting to try something different. I'm admittedly a little unfamilliar with heavier roleplaying, but I think I can get past my issues with enough note-keeping.

I'm not nearly as good with combat writing as I am with all the other sorts, but with the systems in place, I think I can circumvent that. I like having options for roles like this. I tend to prefer more supportive roles in teams, and while most roleplays (including this one) put a lot of focus on fighting, Mizahar doesn't leave the rest behind.

I'd also like to add that I am legitimately scared of the two-hundred car BBcode freight chain this website's metaphorical train is packing. It may take me a long while to actually get started with posts while I sort out these text boxes, titles, and other pretty packages.

Things aside, I don't have too much to share about myself. I'm a fluent english-french bilingual, border on playing too many videogames, and spend years drafting stories to no real avail. I mostly write character-driven hybrid fantasy works, and am a huge advocate for the positive portrayal of monsters in media. What did dragons do to deserve falling from grace as primal nobles to becoming walking slaughterhouses? Nothing, that's what.

Enough ranting. It's time to bunker down and change my diet to 100% BBcode and google docs for a week or so.
Jagd Gabble
The Night's Solar Chandler

Words: 682
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2016, 11:01 pm
Race: Kelvic

Uneasy Beginnings

Postby Dove Brown on February 9th, 2016, 11:51 pm

Welcome to Mizahar.

Combat is optional here - if you don't want to write fights, you don't have to. Borders and pretty things are also optional. You can ease into them as slowly as you want to.

Feel free to ask questions.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Uneasy Beginnings

Postby Ball on February 10th, 2016, 3:14 am

Dove has summed up Miz pretty well. Do read the Starting Guide thoroughly and ask questions. All the questions... There are no dumb questions... Just an abundance of dumb answers... Don't worry we are here to assist.

Also. I will do it now so I can get it out of the way: the answer it 42... Always 42.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Uneasy Beginnings

Postby Saej on February 12th, 2016, 3:50 am

Hey there, if you need some help with the boxcodes here's a link that might help you a little bit. It's all greek to me too, but there are plenty of people good at them who would make you one. This forum is for boxcodes. If you click on "quote" you can easily peek at other peoples designs and perhaps get an idea on how to make your own. I find most great boxcodes come from a little bit of paint/photo shop zest. Though I'm not very good at that either. LOL!

Anyway, welcome to Mizahar! Hope you're here to stay.
ImageImage
°*·Speaking in Common|¤|Speaking in Nari|¤|Thoughts·*°
Saej
Spiral Out

Words: 103413
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2014, 2:27 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes