Open Blades in the Dark

Sevris has plans to make alliances. Someone doesn't.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Blades in the Dark

Postby Sevris on January 25th, 2016, 12:21 am

11th Day Of Winter 515 A.V

It was mightily uncomfortable to be traveling for such long distances, something he was unused to. The newly crowned Marshall Shade Sevris Lazarin trotted into the lawless city of Sunberth on his Ravok Bloodbane named Diadem. Following behind him were two of his personal Commanders. Miriam and Darrel had been promoted to Commanders under his command. Because he trusted them and if they were with him they were protected from spies.

Behind them were ten soldiers and a new Paladin to replace the company he had left. His name was Terinu Glades, a soldier proficient in war such as himself. Taught to fight with a fierce looking Broadsword and a Shield. He was a giant and he looked every bit as mighty as any other Paladin he had run into.

They were here on official business. One, to strengthen relations with the most powerful faction in Sunberth, which would be Sun's Birth with their faction of Dragoons at the their disposal. They had a mighty control over parts of the city that the Ebonstryfe would have much use for when they eventually would conquer the city as well.

Didn't hurt to have friends in high places in a city such as this. Also there was always the ever present thought of the Syliran Knights with their impressive forces would cost Ravok quite the peril. Now was the time to see what they can do to spread their influence.

"Sunberth is nothing how I pictured," Sevris said looking at the city with his own eyes for once.

"Wait till we get to the center. You'll be pleasantly surprised," Miriam said coming to his side with her Windrunner horse.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Blades in the Dark

Postby Sevris on February 6th, 2016, 7:37 pm

"You have been here before?" the Marshall said making conversation with the young lady. Miriam was about a year or two older than him and he was starting to take a liking to her. In his time of training and going on leave for the Ravok army, it never gave him time for a love life. He has had many flings with his slaves, but of course it was not the same.

Miriam was a ranking Commander of the Stryfe army and so had weight around the city. It would not be uncharacteristic to date a fellow member. Which was why Sevris was raised in a Stryfe family. His father before him was son to none other than Lazerin.

"Yes once upon a time. I came on a mission with my Commander before you as an Apprentice. We stayed out of the way of the gangs here foruinately. But it looks like we will be walking into the Lion's Den."

"Lion's Den. Hmm. I like that name. Danger comes with the job. Especially apart of the Hyperion Company."

"Thats why I signed up."

"You choose wisely."
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Blades in the Dark

Postby Buras on February 12th, 2016, 12:46 am

Buras, freshly back from his brief time of hiding, realized something. He was running woefully low on mizas. He had only a handful of gold mizas left, and that would only last him until next season if that. What he needed to do, was find a job. The last time he tried to do that, however, it hadn't panned out so well. But, perhaps this time it would pay off. Either that, or he'd have to go around and pinch a few coin purses off of a few people.

It was on one of his job hunting expeditions, his horse safely back at his tent in the tent city, that he happened to stumble across foreigners. Sometimes it was hard to spot foreigners, especially the ones that held their purse close and kept a knife in hand, those he could mistake for growing up in Sunberth. But the ones that walked around, looking down their noses at everyone as if they were better, those were easy to point out. And seeing this group gave him two options, try stealing from one and risk not getting anything and perhaps losing a limb or two. Or perhaps weasel some money out of them by acting as a guide. Well, if the guide idea didn't work, he could always try to knick something from them as he left.

So, breaking away from the crowd, he walks up to the one riding in front, most likely the leader, and fell into step beside the horse. "I see you're new here." he started. "I can show you around. Show you a nice inn to stay at. A tavern or brothel that you and your lads," and lady but he didn't say anything about that, "can relax at. I know this town like the back of my hand. You want to know something, I can get you to it quickly and safely."
A favor can be worth it's weight in gold. Or, it could kill you.
Buras
A favor for a favor

Words: 62661
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2014, 2:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Blades in the Dark

Postby Sevris on February 13th, 2016, 12:19 am

There was a sudden chill even though the weather was already bitter. Someone had come across the vanguards path unexpectedly. A young human by the looks but was entirely to mature to be riding a horse by himself. Sevris had known 'humans' like that which could actually change their appearance to that of an animal. Which turned to be Kelvic. Suspicious creatures but no other idea came to mind why a child rode alone.

He came to him and asked to be their guide saying lastly, "can relax at. I know this town like the back of my hand. You want to know something, I can get you to it quickly and safely."

"The boy speaks without authority. Shall we deal with him Ser?" Miriam a hot head by nature rode her horse forward to meet Buras.

"Stand down, Lady Miriam," Sevris ordered, "He does not know who we are." He turned his attention to Buras as he edged the horse to walk slowly to him.

"I am Sevris Lazarin, a Marshall of the Ebonstryfe. This is my legion that you stand before. The God of Evil welcomes your generosity. Perhaps you can take Miriams place as our guide. My Lady, take a break and speak to me of your time here. Let us let our friend..uh...what is your name?" Sevris asked.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Blades in the Dark

Postby Buras on February 13th, 2016, 2:21 am

God of Evil. What a bunch of baloney. He doubted that he cared what Buras did, or what his apparent vassals were doing as well. But when that woman had threatened him, he very much wished he hadn't left his quarter staff back at his tent and that he had a knife on him. Perhaps that's what he should invest in next, he knew a little bit on how to use a knife after all. You put the pointy end into the bad guy, it's the same with almost any weapon really. As long as it was sharp and had a pointy bit.

"Yeah," he said boldly, "Stand down. I could be part of the Night Eyes for all you know. Killing me would guarantee you dying." he bluffed. He was pretty sure that they wouldn't flaunt the fact that they were a part of that gang, knowing how they worked, but you never knew.

Giving a satisfying nod, as if she had done what he had ordered her to, he turns back to the leader. "Names Buras. We don't get many of your like around here. Not that I know of anyways. Merchants, definitely, but I don't think I've seen a marshal before." Perhaps he could lull him into a state where he could take what ever looked like it was worth the most. But he wouldn't get greedy, not unless he had to. Yshul didn't favor everyone that fancied themselves a thief, the urchins with bruises could attest to that.

"So, where to?"

Buras
A favor for a favor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Blades in the Dark

Postby Sevris on February 18th, 2016, 12:32 am

"We are aware of them. We are not concerned. Please, lead ahead and me and my soldiers shall follow. We are heading to see some members of Sun's Birth at their base," Sevris answered Buras. After hearing the name Night Eye's brought a flash of remembrance to other side of the mission here.

They would have eventually dismantle Night Eye's and rebuild them in the Black Sun's image. The God of Evil had ignored him lately. He couldn't understand why even with his ascension to Marshall in record time. The youngest to ever do it. Yet no sign of the God. He would have to do more to catch his attention this time. He would have to instill the seeds to eventually take over Sunberth in the name of Rhysol.

Patting Diadem on her head, it leaned back to look at him. Such a beauty, but hard to ride. Miriam broke his concentration, "Then let us move Ser."

"Ah yes, after you Buras. Stay in front of the group. The men are trained to stay in formation." Sevris said, "So Miriam I will need your counsel while dealing with the Dragoons. They are...tricky I have heard."

"They were Knights before. Diplomancy is not out of their abilities even though they are considered a gang," she replied.

"They are no gang, not that size. They are an organized crime unit. Getting big enough for us to draw in their help. They will be important for us soon."

Sevris planned on it.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Blades in the Dark

Postby Buras on February 18th, 2016, 3:31 am

Wait a tic. They wanted to see the Sun's Birth? Now from what he's heard, old Jorgan used to be a knight of some such or another. And if the rumors were true, then Jorgan was here because of some Ebonstryfes attacked him and his lads way back when, before he was born that's for sure. That's if he got everything right, which you were never to sure about in Sunberth considering people would lie to your face smiling then stab you in the back for the couple extra mizas it would get them. But, if he was right, then perhaps he could wring out a few more for himself. Or better yet, a favor from them. They weren't as powerful as they used to be, but the name still had enough heft to it to be worth something. The only problem was, he wasn't sure where exactly they were.

He had heard about the night their gated community got raided. That kind of thing you didn't miss, even when in hiding. So, if they weren't in their gated community, where might they be? Not in the Wolf's Den, no one went in there unless they had to. Especially not if they were going to lick their wounds. They probably were somewhere close by to where they were at, unless they decided to stay there despite what happened. Hmmm... Well, they were never ones to hide. He'd probably see one flashing their mark around all proud and what not.

"Right then, this way." he said as he turned down a street to go to the gated community. Once he found the Sun's Birth, and this Marshal paid him, then perhaps he could get a meeting with one of the higher ups, perhaps even Jorgan himself. Information that they were Ebonstryfe would hopefully be worth something. If not, well he doubted Jorgan hated wasting his time.
Buras
A favor for a favor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Blades in the Dark

Postby Sevris on February 20th, 2016, 1:14 am

Following behind Buras on his, Sevris quickly pointed out, "It slipped my mind. However we will not be heading to the Gated Community as we heard they no longer control that area. We will meet an agent in the Drunken Fish."

Sevris particularly did not dine or sleep in taverns simply because he was a high risk target amongst Ebonstryfes enemies. He did not want to make it easy for them to do so. But he was well guarded with a plethora of bodyguards at his disposal. He found it hard to believe anyone would attack them there with so many to defend him.

Which is why he agreed with agent to meet at the Drunken Fish. But here in Sunberth, it was best to stay on your guard. You never really knew what to expect. "Terinu."

"Yes Ser."

"Keep an eye out for suspicious eyes on us. I'm sure others will notice our presence. And put two and two together."

"I will keep the men on the lookout."

Sevris nodded and looked ahead. "Buras. Lead on."
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Blades in the Dark

Postby Buras on February 26th, 2016, 3:16 pm

"As you command, Ser." he said in a mocking tone. It would probably earn him a couple cuts and bruises, but he was a bit more nimble then women in full armor. Not to mention he would see the horse coming and he could duck behind a multitude of things. From other people to stalls, they would slow a horse down a little. But that aside, he had a job that needed doing, and he was going to do it.

Turning down another side street, he starts heading towards the Drunken Fish. He's been there a couple times, nice place if you wanted to find a fight. Drunken sailors and men that loaded cargo onto ships all crammed together. But the alcohol wasn't that bad, and the waitresses looked nice. Not his type, but pretty to look at.

"If you don't mind me askin', Sevris, why exactly are you and your lot doing here?"
Last edited by Buras on March 16th, 2016, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buras
A favor for a favor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Blades in the Dark

Postby Sevris on March 7th, 2016, 12:22 am

"If you don't mind me askin', Sevris, why exactly are you and your lot doing here?" Sevris heard Buras ask him over the pitter patter of hooves beating the dusty ground.

"That would be classified. But our business will have resounding effect on Sunberth in the coming future. We are here to set things in motion," Sevris answered.

A concerned look shifted on Miriams face as her paranoia knew no bounds. Someone had to be the paranoid one in the group. Keeps everyone on alert. Miriam floated towards his ear whispering, "Be careful. I don't trust him. What if he's the Night Eye's?"

"From what I've heard, they are heard. Not seen. I doubt he is." He whispered back. "But if he causes trouble. I'll look to you to handle it." Miriam nodded.

They were passing a few weather beaten buildings but he could see where the traffic was heading. A few more people were heading towards a tavern which seemed lively in this midday setting. It looked like this could be there destination. Sevris squinted his eyes to see further, "My my, this place is couldn't be anymore inconspicuous."

"Buras. Do we near the Drunken Fish?"
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Next