[Stitch's Scrapbook] What DOES that blind man see?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Stitch on August 5th, 2010, 10:07 pm

Here is a old story of mine. Please read, and please comment. By old, I mean back when I was a kid. I have left the grammar as is, since I am lazy. I like to think I have improved a lot. I need to go back and fix it. <33333

Perhaps it was all to begin here. It was almost sad, how a war for one’s very soul could begin in a child so young. The story that would traverse through agony and suffering would start it’s beginning chapter within the room of a mere eight year-old boy, who had no idea of the tribulation that he would have to endure for the next eight years of his life.

But no matter what the child knew, this was where it all began.

It was night-time, and the boy was peacefully sleeping, wild blonde locks of hair drifting down over closed blue eyes, nice little Thomas the Tank pajamas keeping him clothed. The theme of his apparrel was also displayed at various other points in the room, the walls, bookcase, toychest, and even the bed containing some image of the much-esteemed “Thomas”. It was a very cheery scene, the darkness of the night pushed away by, you guessed it, a Thomas the Tank nightlight. The little bundle of brightness kept the feared dark away.

For he was but a child.

The darkness still held some sort of fear for him.

For looking closer upon this warm little scene, you would have feelings of love in your heart. This is how life should be, a young happy boy tucked nicely aweay iun his bed, sleeping peacefully in a world that portrayed his imagination and likely his dreams. It seemed like such a perfect scene. And it would be, if not for the knot of darkness in a corner, a knot of darkness that was strangely not touched by the light emitted from the nightlight.

Indeed. The darkness held things that would lead to suffering, even on this night.

Perhaps you would pause for a moment, glancing from the nightlight to the shadow, and then back again, wondering how it was possible. For in all reality, and by all scientific explanation, it wasn’t. The nightlight was within reach of the shadow, and therefor should be able to repell it and disperse it, as it did all the others. But for whatever reason, that was not the case. If you stared upon the scene any longer, a cold feeling would suddenly settle in the pit of your stomach. Alas, even the boy on the bed would murmer a few words in his sleep, as if disturbed by something unseen.

The cold feeling would only grow. For from that corner, from that shadow, a humanoid figure would shape. Instantly, one would react with terror, thinking perhaps of a rapist or a predator, maybe a killer or a thief. But if for a moment, you would bypass this terror and the thoughts of what could happen to the child, you would notice something very strange. It was not as if something had risen from the shadowed area, it was as if the shadowed area had risen upon legs that it formed. For in all reality, if it was still truly such, the shadow was gone, replaced by this dark shade of a human shape. No features, no noise, simply a human shape made out of a single shade of black. Maybe this would only increase the terror in your soul, or perhaps this would calm you. Only a dream, you might say, or perhaps an illusion of the eyes.

Yet the figure would walk.

Yes, it would walk toward the young child, causing you to catch your breath, causing more images of terrible things to arise from your mind. You would utter a prayer under your breath, and close your eyes to block out the sight, only to reopen them to the horror that lay before you. By now, the figure was to the bed. He did nothing though, he simply stood there, the shape of his head declining down in what would appear to be a craned position, unseen eyes staring down at the boy. No, he didn’t have eyes, but somehow, you knew. He was there, and he was watching.

It would continue for seconds, minutes, hours. You wouldn’t be able to tell the time, yet you would know that it was long. Daybreak would soon be to approach you would think, because light always followed the night. Then this stalker would vanish, or the light would reveal him for who he really was.

Then suddenly, the boy snapped awake. It would be signalled first by a loud, strangled gasp, and then the prone figure of the young child shooting up to a sitting position, his eyes wild, darting. It was a nightmare that had taken him in his sleep, a dream that had turned sour and scared him, and called him from his slumber. Yes, he could feel the fear, even as it slowly was vanquished by the comfort of his Thomas light. Yet it would be strange, for the shadowed figure still stood there, and he still stared down at the boy, yet he was not seen by the boy. Perhaps now you are shaking your head, wondering how it could be so. Maybe you yourself were having a nightmare, or even a dream?

Now you would simply catch your breath, waiting for the outcome as the figure moved. Kneeling down in front of the boy to bring the two at eye level, the shadow would lift what seemed to be a hand, and slowly stroke the cheek of the boy, caressing him lovingly. The boy stared straight ahead, seeing nothing, merely breathing hard and rough at the still existant fear of his former chaotic sleep. It would remain this way until, suprisingly, eeriely, the shadow man spoke. It was an oily voice, a sly voice, yet a voice nonetheless. A voice that caused the fear to rise within you once more.

“I am known as Fear.”

Suddenly, the child would let out a scream, the horrors of his previous nightmare flooding back into his soul, the forbidden images suddenly leaping from his memory and assulting him mercilessly. He would cry for mommy and daddy, his refuge, and they would come running. You would be able to watch with relief now, for the story continued on in a more logical fashion. The boy was reassured, the fears put to death, and the heart set to slumber. Yet the shadow figure would be gone before the parents arrived, although his words would still linger.

I am known as Fear.

Author Note: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy, 1:7.
Last edited by Stitch on November 6th, 2010, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Malia on August 6th, 2010, 11:43 am

Cool to see you having a scrapbook now too!

I like your little story. It sounds like a fairytale a child would make up, and that makes it somehow cute. I had no idea you were religious in younger years. I also like the writing style. :)
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Jilitse on August 6th, 2010, 11:47 pm

I don't know what the blind man sees, but I see a new spiffy Scrapbook to follow that has a cute lil blowfish picture @3@!

That was a nice story, I love the perspective you've written it in :)
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Stitch on September 17th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Hi guys! Just a quick update for those who are in threads with me, and haven't seen my signature yet.

I am currently working a few double shifts at work, and my normal work hours have also changed. I originally put a little note in my signature to warn you guys that I might be a little slow in posting because of this, and my new video game... But turns out, working has taken up all of my time, and I don't get to play the video game until late at night. I am also still out of a computer, and am not able to make it to the library, which is where I have been posting as of late.

I should get some posts up soon though, and I may have a laptop by this weekend. It will be an old one, but one that can connect to teh Interwebs, and one that still runs!

Love you guys! <333
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Satu on September 28th, 2010, 6:07 am

Stitch, This song just begged to be your Unofficial Official Theme Song. Enjoy and remember, no returns.

Though inland far we be,
Our souls have sight of that immortal sea
Which brought us hither.
~William Wordsworth, Intimations of Immortality

Signature Credit goes to:
archistock.deviantart.com
jurgita.com
catskullcollector.deviantart.com
and the ever lovely and helpful Hex for putting it all together!
Satu
Flower of the Sea

Words: 296249
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2009, 3:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Stitch on November 6th, 2010, 5:28 am

If there is only one thing you should walk away from this with, it is this.

I may be Stitch here. But in real life? I am a Superhero.

Are you still here, and would you like to know more about The Stitch? The Stitch is currently dating the most beautiful girl in the world, so I suppose all the women will have to back away. No matter how much of a peeping tom my "blind' character is! She isn't a superhero, though. She is a wizard.

A really freaking hot wizard.

What else would you like to know about The Stitch? I am twenty years old. I live in North Carolina, on a little farm. We currently own two or three cows, one duck, about eleven chickens, a collie, and quite a few random wild cats that I always see running around. We may have even more animals than that, but I am not really sure.

Wait, no, I know for a fact that we have a ton more animals.

As a matter of fact, we have four more. I have a younger sister who is thirteen (I think), two younger twin brothers that are ten (I think), and another younger sister who is seven. I think. I was home-schooled, and they are all getting the same treatment, so they are always running around the house. So yes. We have quite a few animals running around this big house of ours.

I am a cook, and a baker! I want to eventually become a chef! I currently work at a fancy-smancy Country Club, and I really do enjoy it. It is a nice place to work and learn, and the people are really great guys. I have done a little college, both in Computer Networking and Culinary Arts... And I am torn with which to continue on. I really do enjoy both Computers and Culinary, but I know a Computer degree may come in handy if I ever tire of cooking... But currently, I just love to cook so darn much.

Sadly, cooks are quite underpaid. I work at a Country Club, I cook food for rich folk, and I get paid as much as a Mcdonald's Fry Cook. I am currently working on that, though.

Have any questions? Feel free to ask, any time. <3
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Stitch on November 6th, 2010, 8:44 pm

Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Stitch on November 26th, 2010, 2:59 pm

Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 26th, 2010, 9:57 pm

That dog is hysterical. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Stitch on November 29th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Thanks Goss. You noticed I was getting lonely here! <333

Now look. Serious bird is serious. <3

Or a mad genius. Or perhaps a serious mad genius?
Stitch
Blind Man

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Next