Ahoy lads !

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Ahoy lads !

Postby Irwin on February 29th, 2016, 3:21 pm

Hi everyone, so apparently this is where we introduce ourselves, let's do it then !

For the basics, my name's Matthieu but you can call me Matt or Matthew, pick the one you like. Born and raised in France and moved in London a few months ago.

I've been role playing on forums for five years now but only on French speaking ones until today. So far I played in four different universes, one about Star Wars, two original ones taking places in a dystopian/post apocalyptic environment and the last one based on Zelazny saga: The Chronicles of Amber (which I'm still playing).

It's been a couple of week now that I wanted to try and start role playing in English and after a little bit of browsing I found Mizahar and have been totally seduced by its universe and the massive work done here (the lore is just amazing, congratulations and thanks to the team for this). Therefore, I decided to create an account and start the adventure amongst you all.

I'm fluent when it comes to speak English and even though I read a couple of British/American books in their original version I'll be honest, I still have some lacks regarding narration and to me Mizahar could be a great way to improve myself in that domain. But don't worry guys, I'll do my best to keep up to a fair quality level of writing ;)

Concerning what I like about writing, it is pretty much the same as what I expect from Mizahar : the simple pleasure to create a story and see my character evolving and sometimes escaping my control. It is definitely my favourite thing about role playing, those moments when the interaction with one another makes your character take a path you would have never imagine in the first place.

So far I don't really see anything that I'd like to be expanded but I'll let you know with pleasure when comes the time. I have a few questions though, regarding the creation of my character and I would like to know if there is any specific story teller to contact ?

Well, I think that's it for the introduction, hope to talk and play with some of you quite soon.
Irwin
Player

Words: 4101
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2016, 2:08 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ahoy lads !

Postby Veer Draer on February 29th, 2016, 4:40 pm

Welcome Irwin, Look forward to rping with a fellow Svefra!

"Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay."
Veer Draer
Player

Words: 4867
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2016, 6:22 pm
Character sheet

Ahoy lads !

Postby Elysium on February 29th, 2016, 5:48 pm

Hi Matthew!

Welcome to Mizahar. We're certainly glad to have you with us! We have plenty of non-native English speakers here on the site and we'll gleefully add you to their ranks. If you've got any questions, you can always direct them to me, another one of the storytellers here, to our Q&A subforum or to the lovely players that hang out in our chat, the link to which you can find on the navigation bar at the top.

I look forward to writing with you!

Elysium
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Ahoy lads !

Postby Sophitia Vinder on February 29th, 2016, 11:49 pm

Welcome to mizahar! I've seen native French speakers on the site before and it seems to have been well received. If your intro is any indication, I think you'll be fine. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask around. :)
Sophitia Vinder
Lost in the Moment!

Words: 31228
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2014, 9:55 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ahoy lads !

Postby Ball on March 1st, 2016, 3:27 am

Welcome to Mizahar!

We have another RPer that is much in the same boat as you I do believe, and if ya wanna reaching out to them let me know!

Come to chat sometime, we are a lively bunch and super friendly! We like to help
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Ahoy lads !

Postby Irwin on March 1st, 2016, 10:37 pm

Thank you all for the welcoming ! Just a few details to sort on my CS and I'll be ready to set sails on the Suvan Sea !
Irwin
Player

Words: 4101
Joined roleplay: February 27th, 2016, 2:08 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ahoy lads !

Postby Nola on March 9th, 2016, 3:18 am

*waves* Welcome! I'm a little late, but please enjoy your stay!
Nola
If You Please...

Words: 16488
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2014, 11:48 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes