Howdy!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Howdy!

Postby Reihn on December 9th, 2009, 12:01 am

*waves*

My name's Travis.

I've been looking this site over for the past day-and-a-half and I am impressed with the loads of information present on the backstory and various races on the board.

I also think Mizahar's skill system is seemingly perfect. Lots of PbP's have skills, and ways to improve those skills, but say things like: "While your skill level is important, the way you roleplay using these skills is much more important." What's the point of skills then?

I've been play-by-posting on and off for about 6 years. I've sorta been wandering through RP sites since the death of my favorite PbP (Arda) about 2 years ago. So, hopefully I can find a home in Mizahar!

Being that my character is a Jamoura, I may have a pretty tough time getting started on interacting with other characters outside the deep wilderness. And I guess that's my only concern at this point. Are there any other semi-isolationist tree-dwelling type folks on Mizahar?

*cringes at cricket noise*
Reihn
Scholar at Heart

Words: 6366
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2009, 11:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Re: Howdy!

Postby Nya Winters on December 9th, 2009, 12:30 am

OMG a Jamoura!

I love you already... those are just the coolest character concepts ever. I don't think there's a lot of Jamoura yet because Spires, their giant redwood treehouse city, isn't remotely done yet... (but Mizahar just opened in August so maybe you could help get The Spires off the ground). Otherwise, there's a ton of other places a highly intellectual Jamoura could come to interact and learn about the world after The Valterrian.

I'd recommend Syliras... but there's a lot of places that'd love to have a Jamoura. I'm sure you'll hear from storytellers wanting you to come play with them like crazy.

Oh, before I forget, welcome!
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Reihn on December 9th, 2009, 4:02 am

thanks a bunch for the warm welcome!

I'm a bit confused after looking at your insanely detailed character sheet though . . .

-Are Gnosis marks meant to be secret (and only known by moderators and the character) ?
Reihn
Scholar at Heart

Words: 6366
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2009, 11:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Nya Winters on December 9th, 2009, 4:15 am

Nope, Gnosis Marks aren't usually a secret unless a PC hides them, which is very possible. And Nya's caught without her britches being a shapeshifter enough that most people would know about it. They might not know who a swirling hurricane shape represents, but Gnosis Marks are highly visible on most pcs. Now I'm not sure if they would be on a Jamoura or not. I have a feeling Eyris would be a great choice in a goddess... she's wisdom.

Also if you want to start with one, you can post a Help Desk ticket and ask the admins to have one to begin with... religion is usually a big part of a PCs life... you just need a good background story for them to say yes!
Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Tarot on December 10th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Welcome, Travis. :) Glad to see a Jamoura around.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)