[Verified by Astator] Quiver

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Quiver

Postby Quiver on April 27th, 2016, 7:45 pm

Name: Quiver
Race: Pycon
Birthplace: Syliras
Birthdate: 29 Spring, 513
Height: 7 inches
Weight: A hefty 6 Pounds
Religion: Believe in Harameus
Languages:
Fluent Common

Appearance:

Quiver is tall even for a Pycon, standing a full 7 inches. With the body of plump man, Quiver primarily consists of light-grey hues along his torso, extremities as well as his face. However, emulating what he believes the great mages wore, Quiver's body also includes a sculpted cape along his back. This cape differs from his body colour in that it is light-red speckled with green. Because he has the appearance of a human, Quiver has no unusual extremities;although, he hopes to change that through his experiences. After being inducted into Reimancy, Quiver's hands now show the gashes from his induction ceremony..

Character Concept:

Quiver is a Pycon, and, as you would expect for a tiny clay man, he has unique trials. Whenever he ventured outside of his pyve, Quiver was always forced to observe any person that could potentially squash him. As a result, Quiver now desires to attain the ability of protecting himself with magic, introducing him to the mysterious world of magic. His one dream is to eventually discover his true form, hopefully through these skills.

Quiver is shy, introverted, and at times, quite grumpy. Dealing with trust issues, Quiver is wary of meeting new friends. However, once Quiver grows comfortable with who he is talking to, expect him to become quite a blabber-mouth. Quiver has an exceptionally deep voice quite unexpected for a Pycon of his stature.

Fear. This emotion often controls Quiver's life. He is afraid of getting crushed, falling to his death, or dealing with the Syliran Knights. Overtime, his fears become quite irrationall. Just the person you want dealing with magic! () Other than becoming easily frightened, Quiver does not deal with many other emotional imbalances. For instance, Quiver was dubbed with his nickame, "Quiver" because as a young Pycon he shook uncontrollably whenever he was frightened.

Quiver experiences periods of intense sympathy for others. He hates viewing others as they are in pain. After observing the death of his father, Quiver swore to never let that occur again.

That being said. Quiver works well in groups and enjoys studying magic with others, even if they are not Pycons. The only mages that Pycon avoids are Alchemists. He despises them as he believes only Harameus should practice Alchemy.

In a one sentence summary: Quiver is a magician Pycon who lashes out when he is frightened and only befriends certain people.

History:

Quiver was born into a small family located inside of Syliras. His mother and father were not doting parents, at least for the first three months of Quiver's life. Then, Quiver was on his own. He could leave the house and partake in life of adventuring, or, he could grow old inside of his household. At first, Quiver was unable to decide which course of life he should embark on. All of this changed one afternoon.

In their house, Quiver was preparing for an ordinary afternoon when his father, Trill, came to him. Mysteriously. Trill was a mage who served with the Syliran knights. He was regimented, tough, but loved his family. He would lay down his life in an instant if it meant he could keep his family safe. Quiver loved him; he trusted him.

"Son. Come with me. I have something I want to discuss with you," Trill commanded.

It was cryptic. Secret. Adventurous! Quiver's inner spirit of adventure was spellbound by this unmistakable journey. Quiver might even discover his true form at only one year old! Excited, Quiver decided to follow his father's bidding. Strolling along behind his father, Quiver followed Trill to the middle of their house before abruptly stopping behind his father.

Turning, Trill faced Quiver before proclaiming, "Son. I want to give you this opportunity. I want to pass along the skills that I have learned. I want to teach you magic."

That one word sent shivers through Quiver's body; a tingly feeling rushed through him. Quiver rapidly agreed. He was vehement, "Father. I want to learn magic."

"Okay, then son. Kneel before me," Trill uttered before grabbinga knife off of a table standing near him.

Quiver was dumbstruck. Scared, he questioned why his father held a knife. However, he trusted his father and knew he would never injure Quiver. Solemnly, Quiver bent down, resting on his knees. Then, without saying a word, Trill lifted up Quiver's wrists one by one, slitting deep marks inside of them. Closing his eyes, Trill began meditating. At least, that is what Quiver assumed it to be. Suddenly, Quiver watched as a gaseous vapor appeared, angling towards the cuts Trill had created. Gasping, Quiver attempted to jump up and avoid the smoke. Instead, Trill firmly guestured for Quiver to remain where he kneeled.

The vapor invaded Quiver. It infiltrated his systems. Writhing in pain, Quiver cried out, begging for the pain to subside. Moments passed before it finally ended. Quiver felt something new. It was an odd feeling. "Wha-What happened," Quiver questioned his father.

"Son. You have now been inducted into Reimancy. Forgive me for the secrecy; I was afraid if you knew what I was planning you would decline," Trill apologized, the emotional distress evident on his face.

From that moment on, Trill began teaching Quiver the fundamentals of Reimancy: How to control Res, Avoiding overgiving, and other important lessons. That night was only the beginning of Quiver's introduction to the mysterious world of magery. Quiver's father began tutoring his son in the mysterious work of magery, teaching the obscure facts required for the mastery of certain lessons

Two and a half years passed by in a blur. Quiver obeyed his father's instruction, growing adept in the ways of Reimancy. Albeit, Trill was never easy as a teacher, and Quiver believed him to be cruel at times. Then, one night Trill attempted the impossible, manipulating his Djed into an enormous amount of Res. He was arrogant and attempted to show his son what a true firebolt shaped into. Unfortunately, Trill was unsucessful, losing what was left of his mind and permanently altering Quiver's view of Reimancy. Trill died from extreme overgiving. Now, Quiver quesioned whether he would ever discover the secrets shrouding reimancy. It had already consumed two years of his life! He was angry at his father's failure and wanted to rid himself of the bad memories.

As if Quiver's life could not become more miserable, his mother was stricken by her loss. It tore her apart and left her questioning her existence. Grief was a terrible beast, running unconstrained in Quiver's family. Ultimately, Quiver's mother succumed to her grief, committing suicide. Quiver was distraught; in the space of weeks, Quiver had lost his mother and father. This fueled his quest even more

After this failure, Quiver decided he needed to leave and journey out on his own.He heard from various friends that Nyka accepted the practice of magic. This is where Quiver begins his new life, in Nyka.
Last edited by Quiver on May 7th, 2016, 4:08 am, edited 18 times in total.
Another one.

-Feel free to PM criticisms of my posts!-

"Foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." -Emerson
Quiver
Voted GQ's "Sexiest Hunk of Clay!"

Words: 8569
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2016, 4:37 am
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Quiver

Postby Quiver on April 27th, 2016, 8:41 pm

Skills:
Reimancy Earth! and Air! 30SP Competent
Meditation 15SP Novice
Teaching 5SP Novice
Escape Artist 10RB Novice

Lores:
Fundamental Ideas of Avoiding Overgiving
Understanding How to Combine Earth & Air into a Duststorm

Heirloom:
His father's journal including his random scribblings about magic.

Ledger:
Amount Spent Bought
100 GM
600 GM +500 GM Housing Cash-In
537GM -63 GM Lodging Safehaven Hostel (Spring, 516)
474GM -63GM Lodging Safehaven Hostel (Spring, 513)
Last edited by Quiver on April 13th, 2017, 2:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Quiver

Postby Quiver on April 28th, 2016, 3:07 am

Items:

Housing:
Currently living in The SafeHaven Hostel
Last edited by Quiver on April 29th, 2016, 2:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Another one.

Quiver

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes