[Orin] Mostly Recipes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Sayana on September 20th, 2016, 12:59 am

At least it's not brain surgery.... now that would make your head hurt. ;)

Alright alright, I'm trying my hand at bad humor. I'm told that humor can be taught, or learned, or something and I'm seeing if I can slip it into my writing or at least practice it.

Nice to see you around Orin :)
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on September 20th, 2016, 4:05 am

I'm too tired from my readings to come up with an appropriate bad joke in response, but I'll get back to you on that.

Also. I've definitely ranted about this before, so I'll keep it to a minimum. But I HATE jargon. More specifically, I hate the type of jargon people use to make themselves sound more important. I feel like a lot of psychology, neuroscience especially, could benefit from people asking "how do I explain this experiment to someone without any background in these subjects?" I don't necessarily see anything wrong with working for the least common denominator. It's bothersome to me that someone like me, who actually has about as much neuroscience knowledge as anyone who's not actively pursuing neuroscience, has a lot of trouble parsing through the incredibly complicated language to the relatively simple information underneath. I can't imagine it's harder to state things simple and succinctly than it is to use the most convoluted and complicated language possible.

Anyway. Mini-rant over. Neuroscience findings are fantastic. I just can't understand half of them.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on September 25th, 2016, 2:31 am

Hi all!

So, I just had my first full week of classes and my first full week of work. I know I've been scarce for a few days but that's because I realized something odd this year: weekends are actually my busiest time of the week. So expect me to be posting Monday-Thursday if you're a thread partner.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 3rd, 2017, 2:33 am

Hello and Apology and Explanation

Hi folks. It's been a while. I know I've popped in and out a few time and tried to get back in the swing of things here and each time I've failed miserably. I'm sorry about all that. There are lots of reasons, but, basically, I found it relly difficult to be a student and find the time to RP because I felt that I had to focus on academics and, as a senior in college, finding a job and getting my life together and all that jazz. But, the good news is that I finally graduated.

I'm not going to say that I'm definitely coming back this time because the truth is, I have no idea. I'd like to. I love writing, I love Mizahar, and I miss the community here. I'd like to come back. I think it'd be a nice addition to my life, as long as I can find the time. But I don't want to make any promises because I know myself and I know that when life gets busy this will probably be the first thing I have to drop.

I'm starting a new job next week (yay for employment!). I'm going to see what the hours are like and how stressful it is and how much room I have left for other activities in my life. And then I'm going to go from there. If I do return, it'll likely be in a significantly reduced capacity than before.

But since I've got some time now, I thought I'd come back and find out if anyone needed to get in touch with me for any reason. I'm here (for a bit, at least) and I want to reconnect with you all.

(Also I'm sorry again for disappearing and reappearing. Really not classy of me).
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Sayana on July 3rd, 2017, 3:07 pm

Hi Orin :) Nice to see you around. Don't stress it too much. If you've got the time I'm sure we'd love to see more of you, but if you're still trying to find the balance in your life then take the time you need. In my own experience, I've found that steady employment doesn't offer much free time, but it's steady. Just don't bite off more than you can chew master chef ;)

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Ball on July 3rd, 2017, 10:32 pm

What Say said there Master Chef. Good to see you still kicking around =D
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 7th, 2017, 1:33 pm

So, first up, public transportation is the worst. It took me four hours and quite a bit of yelling to make what should've been a one and a half hour trip, tops, which meant that I didn't get home until 1:00am. Needless to say I am tired and cranky about it, because (and this was such a wonderful transition to my second and more important point in this post, go me) today is the day that I move to a new city for my new job that starts on Monday. So, if I have a much reduced presence for the next week or so, that's why. I'll keep you posted if there are any more updates.

p.s. Moving SUCKS
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 8th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Probably going to post this in my plot notes too, but I figured I'd share where most of Orin's recipes come from, in case anyone is interested:
Euriol's Journey
Gode Cookery
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 11th, 2017, 1:01 am

First Day of Work

For those of you who have been following my life (a very small percentage of you) I had my first day of work today and this is honestly the first time I can say that I've actually been excited about a job! The hours aren't crazy, the people seem awesome, the work the company does is something that I find fascinating and the actual duties that I've been given so far (it's day one, so not much, but I have a sense what I'll be doing overall) have been things that are well within my ability. So, while it's too soon to tell, I've got my fingers crossed that I can work here for a good while.

The one downside is that it's an open office and everyone can see my computer so, no Miz for me at work! But as I said, the hours aren't too demanding, so I'll be able to actually stick around. If y'all were worried that I might poof again, don't be! You are stuck with me for as long as I want to be here.
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

[Orin] Mostly Recipes

Postby Orin Fenix on July 15th, 2017, 12:26 am

On this momentous day in history, I not only completed my first week at my new job (which I think went very well), Orin maxed out his Cooking skill!
Orin Fenix

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes