Hello, everyone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello, everyone.

Postby Marcus Chandara on September 19th, 2016, 2:14 am

My username is Zuvena, and because I've never done this sort of thing before, I'm going to go by another administrator's prompts.

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called! As I stated above, my username is Zuvena.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any? I have none at all. This is a very new genre for me.

3. How did you find us? My old friend recommended me to this website some time ago. It was only recently that I decided to actually investigate.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite? Considering I'm fresh meat, I'm unsure. Now, genre-wise or archetype-wise, I'm very fond of documentaries. However, I've always been fascinated with fantasy or supernatural stories (Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Maze Runner) and would like to broaden my horizons.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about? As I stated before, I thoroughly enjoy stories pertaining to history, even though my interests also delve into fantasy.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far? The time taken to put so much history into this make-believe world. While I do not agree with all the things that were implemented, I appreciate the fact that it resembles a real-world quality.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far? It seems very intimidating, especially for one like myself, who has no experience or memories dealing with role-play. It's not frustrating so much as it's overwhelming.

8. What would you like out of the Mizahar experience? To sharpen my literary skills, meet fellow writers, and broaden my horizons.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded? No. The administrators here have done a fantastic job of being thorough and complete, to my knowledge.

10. Anything else you want to talk about? I'm very drawn towards the Ethaefal, and was wondering if there was any additional information I should know regarding the race. Other tips for roleplaying in general would also be deeply appreciated.

Whoever gets back to me on these issues, I thank you sincerely. However, I want to warn whoever reads this that I have a hard time with prolonged commitment. I hate to admit it, but as open as this place feels, I feel like I can safely share this information. If I happen to not respond or seem to leave for moments at a time, it is nothing that anyone has done other than myself. Please do not be offended, and if you are, you can tell me honestly. I'll respect that more than anything.

Thank you for your time,
Zuvena
Marcus Chandara
Always learning

Words: 5871
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 1:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hello, everyone.

Postby Linie Moonreef on September 25th, 2016, 12:41 am

Heeyyy I've read your CS already! I just didn't recognise the name in chat, now that I've seen the avatar however I know who you are. Don't let this place intimidate you man, it's pretty straight forward. Make sure you read the starting guides really well, and the link map would help of your starting city. The linkmap ought to give you some ideas. In the calendar there is usually a spot for seasonal challenges, these are little prompts or ideas for you to write about and if you complete all of them you get a shiny medal. Maybe the seasonal challenges will help you think of something to write about.

Trust me, I come and go from this site too. I tend to flit from one thing to another.

So what do you already know about the Ethaefal? Kind of vauge there I can't really tell you what you don't know if I don't know what you do know. What I know, though, is that they're a race of werepeople that have crashed into the sea from the heavens. They're wrought with melancholy and miss their home every much. Most can't stand to be around other Etheafal as it simply reminds them of their ethereal home.

Well, I'll see you in chat!

Hello...?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me...
Linie Moonreef
Drunken Sailor

Words: 60228
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 6:23 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Hello, everyone.

Postby Languish on September 25th, 2016, 11:51 pm

Welcome, both of you.

I'm Languish, AS of Sahova. I'm glad to see you guys settling in here so quickly.

As Linie mentioned, CHAT is a wonderful resource for any kind of questions. My PM box is open as well, if you should ever need help navigating the vast amount of lore, or if you're confused about anything you've found. For city specific questions, you'll obviously want to contact your local ST, sonce they're going to be experts of their field, so to speak.

If you ever have to end up leaving for any amount of time, it is best to post a notice before you do so. Disappearing randomly can be frustrating for partners, but most will be understanding if you just let them know.

As for roleplaying tips, we're pretty diverse here. You can find people who like all genres and areas of specialization. Some people like to write mainly dialogue while others like descriptive writing. Some people write entire books while others stick to two or three paragraphs. Whatever your style, I guarantee you'll fit in somewhere so long as you are respectful to other players and to the mods.

Again, welcome, and if you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Languish
Wasting Away

Words: 126070
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Hello, everyone.

Postby Marcus Chandara on September 26th, 2016, 12:01 am

Thank you for the replies, but this is an update for anyone who has met me and read my character sheet.

I suddenly had a glint of inspiration, and I have my first new and completely original character that I want to apply to this website. His name is Marcus Chandara, and he is a human. I will stay in Zeltiva, since that is what I'm most familiar with. I'm simply glad that I have something completely original for the first time in a while.

Character sheets will be remade and reuploaded, but I wanted to let anyone who has read this post to know.
Marcus Chandara
Always learning

Words: 5871
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2016, 1:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Hello, everyone.

Postby Gwenieve on September 26th, 2016, 2:00 am

Hi I'm Gwenieve
Gwen is much easier tho I don't have much experience but I'm obsessed with fantasy and I found my way here by searching fantasy roleplay online
Gwenieve
Player

Words: 1726
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2016, 1:55 am
Race: Konti

Hello, everyone.

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 26th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Welcome Marcus!

Be sure to read the Starting Guide if you haven't already, it appears your getting familiar with the site, which is good, hope to see what you have planned for your character in Zeltiva! If you have any questions, be sure to send me a PM, don't hesitate! Also Chat is a wondrous place to ask questions and talk to. :)

Have fun Rping!

~Ferrin.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2