[Kaleidoscope's Vlog] Title Pending

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Kaleidoscope on November 7th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Vlog

Me: Hears the crickets chirrup and the tumbleweed rolling...

I have decided to open a vlog! Call me crazy, I don't know. Shoot me up any ponderous questions you've got. Or if you haven't, any questions which are silly or indeed ridiculous. ;)

Otherwise I might die of embarrassment.

-Beautiful boxcode credit goes to Aislyn Leavold!

Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sayana on November 12th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Hello!

First off, I love your hair and your accent, and you're really cute. *has a tendency of calling people adorable after seeing their first vlog...*

As for questions! (and a more serious note) :D

1) What would be your 'elevator pitch' for Alvadas? As in, 30 seconds or less of describing the city, why it's fun, and what would draw people in for setting/plot?

2) Does Alvadas have a vision or goals? And how does it fit into the world of Mizahar in relation to the other cities? (eg. I see Ravok as orderly chaos that seeks to take out the last fragment of Sylir and the Knighthood in Syliras)

3) What do you like most about being the ST of Alvadas?

4) What do you think is an underused aspect of Alvadas that players don't take advantage of? (could be locations, organizations, setting, religion... etc. and feel free to include more than one)

A little bit Alvadas-centric... but I love that city.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on November 13th, 2016, 8:24 pm

The snake
inquires

Oooh, questions are my favourite.

1) Do you have any longterm plots for Alvadas, or are you taking it season by season?
2) How do you come up with calendar events and illusions? Do you have a dartboard full of themes and let the darts decide?
3) Do you have any plans/thoughts on how Alvadas interacts with other, less illusiony cities?

And now a Lhavit question!
4) As I understand it, Lhavit has flip flopped a lot on how magic is treated and regarded. What direction will you be taking that aspect of the city in?

Also, is it true you're secretly three kittens stacked on top of each other in a trenchcoat?

Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kaleidoscope on May 7th, 2017, 4:59 pm

So, I finally got around to doing a reply. It is longer than I thought it'd be, and I probably repeat myself. xD Sorry 'bout that.

Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Kaleidoscope on May 7th, 2017, 5:05 pm

OOC

This is literally just me showing my typewriter, and then promptly realising I don't know what to say about it... also, yes that isn't a typewriter in the thumbnail, but a pretty notebook I bought the other day. :P
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Aenisa on May 10th, 2017, 5:09 am

Questions

So, I have a few questions!

First off, the typewriter is amazing condition and looks absolutely great! Do you got any plans on what you want to write on it? Like more in detail.

Also, I was curious as to how you see Alvadas evolving from your own perspective, not in terms of what you have planned but more in terms of how you've seen PC's come and go. Each person brings something with them, something that brings some sort of change and I was curious to see if you've noticed patterns that might tell you where the city is going. If you have, is it a positive change or do you feel like the city is moving in the wrong direction?

With the upcoming "expansion" of Alvadas, do you plan on opening up new locations as well? Some of the locations currently in Alvadas feels a little outdated or abandoned. If you are, is this something that will be undertaken by you or will this be crowdsourced?

I hope that the questions weren't too bad and that you were able to understand them, sometimes I do write in a weird way that makes people go "Wait, what?" :)

SPACER
Aenisa
Slowly going insane.

Words: 163554
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2017, 9:13 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook