*Insert witty greeting here*

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Tsari on November 13th, 2016, 3:50 pm

Hi everyone!

This isn't my first rpg, but it's been a while since I last did one (unless you count tabletop, in which case I'm currently 6 weeks into my first D&D game, and loving it), and I'm a bit out of practice writing wise. I'm also having way too much fun with the templates/CSS side of things here, though I'm completely new to that and am still figuring out the basics. I like to think that what I lack in experience I make up for at least partially with enthusiasm :D

I'm also looking forwards to doing the actual role-playing of course, although I'm a bit torn about where to start out. I had my sights set on Lhavit at first, but now I'm considering maybe Syliras? It makes more sense as it's nearer Endrykas, and Lhavit seems very empty. Either way, if you're in either place (or anywhere else actually) and fancy doing a thread together let me know and maybe that'll be what makes up my mind.
Tsari
Player

Words: 7839
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2016, 10:50 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on November 13th, 2016, 5:57 pm

Welcome to Mizahar.

I hope you enjoy your stay. Remember, wherever you start has less of a bearing on how much fun you have. Its more about who you meet and what you do with your character. That can happen in any setting.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Naiya on November 15th, 2016, 3:56 am

Hello!

I'm partial to Endrykas, as a PC in that city, but there are so many cities that are really fun. My recommendation is to look at how your character is now, and how you want them to grow.

Do you want to become a knight? Syliras is a great place to start. Feel like teaching your PC to be a savage? Perhaps you want to be a creature of social standing, become a well known diplomat, or on the flip side maybe you want to be a party girl, Lhavit is your place.

So keep those things in mind. If a city is open, there will be people to thread with and fun to be had. So don't let the number of people in a place determine where you start. It's really about what kinds of adventures you want to set your PC on.

Have fun wherever you go, and welcome to Mizahar!
Naiya
Player

Words: 766506
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:11 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ball on November 16th, 2016, 1:54 am

I am going to echo what the other two said above. Where you start isn't necessarily important... It is the adventures you go on!
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes