Words of the Resident LARP Goddess

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Yisanareysin on November 20th, 2016, 3:19 am

Welcome back Fallon. Good to see you again.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on March 31st, 2017, 11:15 am

Beyond Mizahar

While my posting attempts have been considerably sporadic (I need to build a routine) I am, at least, attempting to write. The Mizahar Fallon is jerking and juddering forward, rusted gears squeaking as they go. As time goes on and momentum is found, no doubt the mental squealing will lessen. More threads means more routine right? I digress and move onto what I'm actually thought dumping about.

Things I do outside of Mizahar.

I know, a dangerous line of thinking. Much terror awaits.

As we know I work full time around computers. Work is work, it the reason why I don't code cs or post templates for Mizahar ATM, enough said so let's carry on. Also, as those who may have read back, I LARP. Yes, LARP Fallon is alive and kicking... and now accidental ruler of a nation and a dragon. Moral of the story, having a faction back you and surprise you with these turn of events for all your hard work as head is quite something. Which relates, nicely to the next part.

Down time between events I've taken up making scale mail. For, you guessed it, Fallon. It is a bane of my life and resulted in a grand love hate relationship with the stuff, but next week the work spread across 8 months would have paid off. Speaking of, event next weekend, I will probably not be about apart from the quick pop in. Watch this space and the panic levels rise.

And, with the weather getting better training will once more begin - in the form of sword practice. I'm hoping to get fit enough to go into proper reenactment by the end of the year, but before that I need to learn to fight better and get fitter.

Beyond LARP I also do pencil paper role play. Two games a week, soon to be three. Got to get my iron kingdoms and dungeons and dragons 5e fix. The soon to be third game is actually a campaign I'll be running (look up lost mines of phandelver for the curiously minded) and giving a go at being a DM. Of course, all the prep work for this required gaining miniatures of some form, making them and painting them. As something I've not formally done before it's a very steep and hard learning curve when you're painting suddenly 30+ monsters with more planned for the future. There will be no pictures, my painting skills are terrible. ;)

So, yeah, beyond Mizahar. Too many hobbies
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on March 31st, 2017, 11:46 am

How cool. I wish we lived closer. I'd join you!
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on April 7th, 2017, 7:33 am

Going off into the woods to be a dragon for the weekend, slay dimensional travelling Elves, thwart an evil goddess, save the city, drink mead and pretend to be a viking.

Short version: I'm out LARPing, see you monday.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on May 22nd, 2017, 6:08 am

Now that I'm better...

Yes, I have been stuck in a sense of radio silence/low writing for the last month. In conclusion, having sickness (see vertigo and bouts of anaemia) and full time work have played their toll. Now we're aware of the former however and in the process of managing it (eat more steak, take supplements and gentle exercise) I am looking to - properly this time - get back into the swing of writing Fallon.

I apologise to those few I was writing with for the sporadic responses. I also apologise to those who I originally had plans with - while the above is my reason,
it does not offer the excuse for maintaining quiet on it. Insert comment about "communication is key" here.

Anyway, happy writing!
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Balian Martell on June 2nd, 2017, 9:51 am

A pleasure to see you writing Fallon! I will be following your plots with interest and excitement!
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on June 15th, 2017, 5:03 pm

It's that thing again.
It's a LARP.

Though this time it's in a field with 2000+ people, nations and playing an artisan with a bad Russian accent. Anyway, I'm off for the weekend. See you all Monday.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on June 20th, 2017, 5:26 am

I return, and with my return I carry new, wonderful, wisdom from my experience.

LARPing in 30C/86F (okay, it's hot for me) with no wind in full kit (including armour) is for the foolish and reckless. More so when it is at an event that is set up in a massive field and you have to awning hop. In short, a lot of the player base ended up feeling ill and had to bale out early. It is safe to say however, that I did not make the same mistake as others but still largely suffered (yay, heatstroke). So, in short, here are the things I have learned from the weekend of LARPing in heat:

• If you feel hot, uncomfortable and ill with the heat - screw immersion. Your well being is much more important than the game, and other players will understand.
  • Soaking a shirt in water and wearing it is an incredibly effective way of keeping cool.
  • Much like Fallon, heat makes me grouchy. The phrase used was "You have the look of a backside smacked two year old" was frequently used and never denied.
  • Don't wear armour for the sake of wearing armour. More so if you're trying to achieve the "looking awesome" goal - it really is not worth it.
  • Remember to stop moving every now and again - give your self a chance to cool down, preferably in the shade.
  • "Remember to drink water" only works if you have water in camp. Make sure you're stocked up and have it kept in a shaded spot.
  • Long, covering flowing layers seem to work better than stripping down to less, closer fitting clothing. Also better for aforementioned clothing soaking.
Anyway, with that, I am going to continue retreating to the shade and recovering for a while. Bring forth the writing!

-Fallon
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Robinson Gilli on June 20th, 2017, 5:40 am

Welcome back, sucks to hear about the (surprising) heat but it seems you enjoyed yourself nonetheless!

What grand adventures did you have beside the terrible heat?
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor

"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Words: 88416
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Fallon on June 20th, 2017, 10:43 am

It was less adventure and more shenanigans. And even those kick started only when the sun started to go down and it cooled off. Such shenanigans include but are not limited to:

• After dark knife fighting (because it went down to a considerably more comfortable 18C) between myself and one of my group priests (we could not decide who was going to get the piece of ice for our mead).
  • Terrorising the noble houses of another nation, mainly by serenading one of my LARP friends with suitably inappropriate songs and bad singing.
  • Stole a banner of another group
  • Drinking (water) at the bar.
  • Watched an evening comedy hour.
  • Picniced at a public execution
  • Assisted with my nation in attempting to help a character get married (Ergo. Put the target into a fancy sack and "kidnapped" them).
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext