(Flashback) Unwillingly

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 3:35 pm

“Right, lets stop here.” The old man yelled, setting down his lamp and taking off his small pack. It contained something that looked like a baggy cloth, and he had a few strings and pegs and a little mallet.

The Kelvics stopped, relieved, and took off their large, heavy packs. Tebridiars father had a few large stick-like objects in his pack, and he put them on the ground near the tent. They must be used to hole the structure up.

“Well, thanks. I’d like you to put it up, the two older ones. The little girl can come with me and find some berries to have with our dinner. You don’t mind that, do you, my dear?” Tebridiar was a little frightened. Should she go with him? She looked over at her mother. She was wide eyed, gripping onto her mates arm, clinging with all her might. She made a tiny movement in her head, as if to tell her no.

“But… sir, Master… I’d like to help my family build the tent.” Would he let her off? His mouth tightened into a think line, his eyes became cold and cruel again.

“No, little one. You are coming with me.” His voice made an attempt to sound sweet, but it was thick with determination and suppressed anger. And something else… something unfriendly.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 3:46 pm

He came over to her, and grabbed her wrist.

Tebridiars father growled again, his eyes were burning.

“You’ll put her down right now if you know what’s good for you, old man.” He hissed, gritting his teeth. “Or else…”

“What, slave? You wouldn’t touch me. I know how your kind works. You cant harm your Master. You will accept my word, or you will hurt yourself, psychologically or something. All I know is you’re a gullible, stupid race that isn’t respected by the majority of the world.” He laughed cruelly. Tebridiar was saddened. Kelvics aren’t stupid! Are they?

Her father just about tore at his throat there, but he was restrained by his mate, who tried to calm him down.

“You don’t know anything about us, you stupid old fool!”
He yelled, still straining. But he didn’t want to hurt his wife. “Maybe a young, back-boneless creature will suddenly do anything you want, but not us. I have been bonded with Astridiar for many years, more than half my life. I live for her, and my daughter. I have no respect for you, none at all.” He spat on the ground at his feet, a feral look on his face.

“But you are correct. You own me, and somehow, I cannot bring myself to end you. If I could however, you would have been dead before you woke up in the morning a long time ago.” He glared at his Master, hating him.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 3:54 pm

The old man looked repulsed by this sudden uproar and passion. He looked down his nose and appeared to grimace slightly.

“Well, you will be broken. Or Ravok will be your destiny. It appears you are the fool here. What is your name, anyway? What are all your names? I haven’t listened to your ramblings.” He laughed again, seemingly amused at how, in his opinion, the Kelvics were wild and a bit dim. Just like animals.

He had no respect for the truth. He had never stopped to read about Kelvics, talk to someone he who respected them. He just believed what the slave dealers had said, as he asked around about the species.

Tebridiars mother was the first to respond to his question.

“Astridiar.” She replied bluntly. She didn’t even look at him, she was so insulted. Her mate piped up next to her.

“Terannir.”
He muttered, holding his wife close to him. He looked at Tebridiar sadly, talking to her with his eyes.

“And your name, little one?” The Master smiled unnervingly at her. Tebridiar shuffled in her feet, looking away. She didn’t like how he looked at her, how his voice changed when he talked to her.

“My name is Tebridiar.” She mumbled.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 4:03 pm

With that, the Master nodded.

“Well, that’s cleared up. Now, I just have to do something.” He pulled out a last thing from Terannir’s pack, which had weighed it down considerably. It was some heavy looking weights, connected together with thick looking chain, and some sort of metal ankle binds. they clanged together as he lifted them out.

He pulled Astridiar over, and her mate looked severely annoyed. He struggling to carry the chains, finally dropping them near her feet and binding her leg. He released her, and she winced as she could barely lift her leg. Terannir was next, and he could hardly lift his leg either. Then, the Master took weights out of the pack Tebridiar and Astridiar had been carrying, and it seemed they had made up a huge weight of the bag. He tied it onto the chain, so there was no way they could leave.

“Just in case.” He whispered, smiling cruelly. The Kelvics both looked upset, defeated. They had to let Tebridiar go with him, alone.

“Be careful, darling! Please! If anything happens, shout, shout loud! No, use… use your whistle!”
Astridiar said urgently while reaching for her daughters hand. Tebridiar fingered a little thing on a chain around her kneck.

It was a beautiful blue whistle, engraved with stunning white markings. Her mother had inherited it from her mother, and it was probably made by a Vantha, considering how complicated the markings were.

Tebridiar nodded at her mother.

“Well, lets go, uh… Tebridiar.” The Master said, smiling eagerly, leading her into the trees.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 4:16 pm

They walked in uncomfortable silence for a few minutes. Soon, not even the little lantern-light from the place where her parents were had disappeared. She was totally alone with this old man.

She became much more alert. She could hear every cracking twig, every hoot of an owl, every single breath the forest emitted, she could feel it and sense it. She was prepared to dash off if anything bad happened.

“Well, Tebridiar, how old are you?” He whispered to her, moving closer.

Warning bells clashed off wildly in her head, but she couldn’t move. Couldn’t speak, then she finally managed to squeak out that she was two years old.

“Oh.” He said, smiling. He moved in front of her, his hand in her long red hair. She felt scared, repulsed, disgusted.

Was he trying to… to make a move on her? Or was he trying to make her like him, trust him?

Love him?

The thought made her sick. She just couldn’t imagine it, tried to rid her head of such thoughts. She shouldn’t think like that. She hated the feeling of his hand in her hair. It felt scary, and wrong. Tebridiar always imagined she would bond with someone strong and beautiful, and nice and happy.

She would never love someone like this, cold and manipulative.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 4:28 pm

She couldn’t say anything, and for a while she just stood there, her eyes wide in shock about all the possibilities. What was he going to do? She was genuinely worried.

“You are very, very beautiful Tebridiar.” He rasped, breathing more heavily. “You amaze me.”

She began to quake, to tremble. If there was a time to assert herself, she had to do it now, before anything happened to her. She took a large step back, her eyes wild, and her face stern.

“You won’t touch me, old man.” She said slowly, venomously. If he got any closer, she would run, try to get her family away if she could. She imagined some crazy get-away chase, all running for their lives as they transformed into their various animals. A cow, a sheepdog and a young filly all running along a deserted road. Anyone who saw it would deem themselves insane.

The Master looked aggravated. He gritted his teeth and curled the corners of his mouth into a frown.

“You will deny me, then?” He said loudly to her. “You would deny even your Master?”

Tebridiar nodded, her face emotionless except for hints of repulsion and anger. She knew her father and mother would be absolutely distraught if they knew what was going on.

“I came her to pick berries. I will pick them. And if you do anything to me, I swear, I will kick you. I will transform and kick you, and your ribs will shatter. And you’ll die in the cold, alone.” She said this with no emotion, very slowly and clearly. She doubted whether what she was syaing was true. She didn;t know whether she had the strength to transform, she was hungry and a bit ill. But he didn't know that.

She bent down and started looking for berries, foraging a bit amongst the leaves. She found some nice raspberries, blackberries and a few tiny strawberries. The Master didn’t say anything. He appeared to be trying to control himself. He looked furious.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 6th, 2010, 5:11 pm

A few minutes later, Tebridiar had finished. She had filled her pockets with tasty berries her Master didn’t know about, so if they weren’t fed over the next few days at least they had something to munch on.

He only knew about the handfuls she was holding. He had no idea how fast she could search, how nimble her little fingers were. She knew what to look for, what to avoid… She licked the sugary drops a juice off her fingers.

“Well, lets be off then.” The Master muttered coldly. He would need to grab his chance another time, when her will was more depleted, when she had little to defend herself with. He would bide his time, until he knew she would be more willing.

Tebridiar said nothing, but she quickly tracked where she had been and soon found her way back to her family. They had the tent up already, they worked great in a team. Her mother turned around and was delighted to see her standing there, with hands full of berries.

“Tebridiar, look at all the berries! Your making me ravenous!” She smiled, hugging her close, dragging her forward a little as she couldn’t move too far with the chain around her foot. “Are you okay? He didn’t do anything, did he?” She whispered frantically in her ear.

Tebridiar paused, only for a moment. She couldn’t worry her mother.

“No mum, he just took me there, told me to look for berries, while he… he kept a look out, making sure I didn’t leave.”

Astridiar nodded, smiling. She was glad. Better she believed a reassuring lie than a worrying truth.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 7th, 2010, 8:14 pm

The Master soon returned, looking surly, glaring at Tebridiar and her family.

She wiped a tiny bit of berry juice from the side of her mouth, worried about looking like she had eaten. He glared harder.

“Well, I think its best we start cooking. Well, I’ll cook.” He frowned. “You… slaves… will be getting anything I can spare.”

They sat for around half an hour while the old man cooked up a small bit of meat, adding some berries for flavour, and a pinch of salt. Tebridiar hadn’t cooked much before, she looked closely at how he mashed the berries. Terannir gazed hungrily at the piece of meat. He was a sheepdog kelvic, good at ordering people neatly, though he had a nasty habit of collecting things. He hadn’t had a good piece of meat in ages. He was dying for a chunk.

“Dad, I’m sure he will leave some for you.” Tebridiar comforted her father, patting his shoulder. He smiled at her, though it didn’t quite travel to his eyes. He knew he wasn’t going to get any.

The old man quickly devoured his meal noisily, and smiled the whole time. He knew he was teasing them, he knew they were hungry.

He left little for them, except a tiny shred of the meat for Terannir, which he slavered in one gulp, but it still left him ravenous. The rest made do with some soggy, battered vegetables. The Master would sleep soon, then Tebridiar would share her secret stash of berries with them.

One thing worse than going hungry was seeing her family in the same situation.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 7th, 2010, 8:24 pm

They sat for a few minutes after eating, and the Master soon began to yawn. Tebridiar’s eyelids began to droop, and every so often she would catch her mothers head slipping down slightly. However Terannir was sitting bolt upright and alert, just staring at the Master, his eyes never wavering, his face highlighted with a deep red due to the dying embers of the fire.

Eventually, the Master stood up and dusted his trousers, looking around at the little family. His gaze came to rest on Tebridiar, lingering for just a few extra seconds.

“You two, can sleep out here, secured of course. I’d like two to keep watch. However…” He said, a hint of a smile on his face. “Tebridiar will sleep in the tent. I don’t want her, um… catching a cold, she’s smaller than you all.” He laid a hand on her shoulder, and she shrugged away, her eyebrows furrowed.

Astridiar and Terranir looked worried, even a little disturbed. They looked itching to say something, desperate to protest and keep their daughter in their sights.

“Don’t worry, I’ll leave the door open a little, you are willing to come inside if you wish. Your little girl is in safe hands. I just thought you cared for her welfare as much as I do.” He gave a false smile, which the Kelvics did not return.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

(Flashback) Unwillingly

Postby Tebridiar on December 7th, 2010, 9:13 pm

The Master lead his new slave into the tent. He had a few pillows laid out, with a blanket on top.

“Well, wait here, girl.” He said, brushing his fingers against her hair. She shut her eyes in disgust. He walked over to the little makeshift “bed”, lifting the blanket and lying under it, then spreading it on top. He rested his head on his arm, supporting himself easily with his arm. He was stronger than he looked.

“Well, aren’t you going to join me? Or are you going to get changed first?” He said softly, trying to be nice, reassuring. It only served to creep the girl out.

“Pardon?” She whispered, her voice quiet and hoarse. It took a minute for it to sink in.

“Come and join me. Look at the pillows next to me, its like a bed... I made it specially for you.” He beckoned her with an outstretched finger. She shook her head.

“No.” She said bluntly, her eyes cold. She sat down near the entrance to the tent, near her parents, the furthest she could get away from the man. She wasn’t going to like this new Master. She was repelled by him already. She wished she could defend herself a little bit more. She was glad her dad could turn into a dog.

They could bite.

She tried to get comfortable by the door, but a draught seemed to be hellbent on causing her hassle. She tried to blot out what what that man had been saying, she tried her best. But it was still there, emlazoned into her mind, new and fresh.

She drifted into an uneasy sleep. She was still taunted by the girl at Ravok, the girl she thought was her. She was starting to whisper things, she couldn’t quite catch what she was saying. But as the night went through, she began to pick up on a few more words, but still… she could make no sense of them.

Tebridiar
She who Returned

Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Previous