PM to join [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Once more around the pit

(75th Spring, Ferrin Al'Mandrikan) Fallon is lurking around the Fighter's Pits.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Once more around the pit

Postby Fallon on March 13th, 2017, 6:32 pm

75th Spring 517 AV
Morning

It was a place Fallon had not expected to appear in. If anything the very idea of lurking around the Fighter's Pit was far from her original plans. Then again, she had set herself to another day of wandering - of tracing a path around the city and choosing avenues to explore. A bitter sweet line to follow and one that to no end confused her. She was not here to fight, to search for battle - more so in this tightly grasped city of law. Nor was she looking to obtain some level of authority, knighthood was not for her and she did not carry the same self-perceived righteousness that the knights had. Still, here she was, dressed down in the rougher clothing with the kukri at her hip.

Perhaps it was something that kindled in her mind, the faint clang of metal on metal reaching her ears. It was with such she moved around the edges, the low wall being that final barrier between her and it. She began to almost taste the dried sweat on her lips, eyes squinting as she moved into the opening and looked down to the pits below. The combatants training within were far from knights, but still all keen and curious to the martial practices. Even she remembered herself coming down this way every now and again to train, if anything to remember the unregimented styles that the common man held.

Moving to the side she took the position of observer for the moment, watching and looking to the shapes as they attempted to spar. Occasionally she heard the barking tones of the instructor - his name escaped her for the moment - as he attempted to pull whoever it was into shape. She gave a small snort, continuing around the edge before descending down. Leather boots creaked, her shoulders hunching in as she circled - alluding she was far from a threat and should be paid no mind. A preference really as she closed the distance and padded up to the weapon racks.

Fingers traced, an uneasy feeling creeping down her spine as she ran the digits across the pommels. A clenching feeling that sunk into her stomach, the smallest scent of rich iron filling her senses before she quickly moved the hand on. Blunted, but real, just as she remembered. There was no half measures in the pit - though in honesty she was not completely sure the pit could afford training weapons. Palm itching, she moved it onwards to what else was available and stopped at the blunted arrows. What use were they here? She picked up, staring down the shaft, noting firstly the actual head was more bulbous than normal arrows and where the point should have been there was instead a heavily rounded top. It was an unusual design, firstly making her think it was perhaps designed for those without armour - but that did not explain why it was so rounded. It was from there that she continued to fiddle with it, turning it within her grasp as she muttered, "And how the petch is this exactly supposed to fly?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 15th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Timestamp:

Very late into Spring, tings have been getting more weirder by the season. Ferrin was worried, first the rioting and stealing from the trading ships that arrived earlier this Spring. Actually... first there was the Fog that suddenly sprouted up from nowhere that confused all of Syliras, and that had eventually evaporated. Though, the Knighthood was being very protective about the city and didn't want to risk its people. Ferrin thought that that was a pretty good decision, though pretty much all of Syliras was getting wound up, being cooped up in a walled in city for most of a season. It wasn't pretty to experience.

When Ferrin was a kid, he was told of stories of how Syliras was so great and notorious. Now, Syliras felt like chaos. Ferrin didn't know if he should leave Syliras with Jade and Dina. Although, Jade seemed to be busy now, and things were getting tight between the two, and Jade would probably not want to leave Syliras, along with Dina. Though, maybe if they had somewhere to go, they wouldn't have to worry about what's going to happen to them in Syliras. The Squire was surprised, he had made it this far, perhaps he should continue with that thought and make sure to contribute what he can in Syliras for the time being. It was the main reason why he wanted to progress in his training so that he could protect Syliras. That was why he was here right?

It seemed that the Pits was a good place to get the full amount of training when comparing the Pits to the Training Grounds. Although, you can get more personal training in the Training Grounds. A downside to that though, is the constant training that your patron would give you.

Ferrin sighed, as he continued to amble down the cracked stone street. He passed by some standard housing on either side of him, he had his leather armor slapped over his clothing. He had his shortened broadsword with him that he carries around frequently. Although, he was instructed to do some more patrolling, Ferrin had enough time to put in a couple of bells of training before he would go off and patrol. The Pits were the perfect place to get some energy out, and Ferrin could definitely learn something new, or even meet someone new.

Though, Ferrin had a thought that he wanted to train more in his custom blade. He felt that he should practice more with his longbow, so of course he had gathered them both. Including, his quiver full of arrows.

Eventually, Ferrin made his way towards the Pits and was glad that he had finally made it. As usual, the Pits were crowded, but with a little more folks than the typical amount. Ferrin wondered what the occasion was, but he decided to not dwell on that.

The Squires shoulders tensed as he almost instantly spotted someone who looked like they needed help. She, was holding a bow of some sort. Ferrin was quite far apart from the woman that was inspecting the arrows that she held. Ferrin decided to approach her, as he didn't feel too afraid to introduce himself. "Heya, I um... see your confused?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on March 19th, 2017, 3:24 pm

The arrow was continued to be turned, studied as she gave it a testing flex - the shaft seemed thick too. Perhaps it was a case of design, create an arrow more substantial that would sink into something as opposed to shatter upon impact. She used both hands to give it a testing bend, her eyes narrowing in wondering to the design. It was enough focus in her study however that when the voice of a stranger cut through the air, her mind stumbled. Jarring, any thought she did have struck the mental wall and was brought to a sharp and sudden stop. There was a small tilt of the head, the corner of her vision picking out leather armour, the brief glint of metal of some weapon. Her brow creased, chasing the words that were said - if there was any.

What was it he said? the thought trickled round, An offer for help? No no... highlighting of confusion? My confusion? Oh, yes, the arrows.

"Urm, what?" the traveller paused, blinked, promptly shook her head. With a pivot around to face him, her gaze weighed him up in her mind. Her hands however were still twiddling with the arrow however, her gaze occasionally darting down to the shortbow, "Oh, confusion! No, no.. more... wonderment?" Fallon cleared her throat, offering it across to him. She decided to take on the tactic to play the inexperienced and the curious, let the air of naivety flow. It was best to pick such when attempting to gauge who a person was exactly, "I've not see such arrows before, I mean, in comparison to the simple arrows... the sort hunters may take up. Observation, if you will."

Her gaze tilted up to him, orbs peering beneath her brow. What was his position in the city? The fact he had armour suggested that he was in a more combative role - though, she could classify hunters under such too. The arrow would suggest such, but there was aspects that seemed too clean for a more humble role within the city. A mercenary perhaps? It would explain the addition of the blade on his person. Then again, since when were mercenaries of any use in the city - the knights handed a majority of the issues she imagined. So, unless there was a specific place of employ, or work that required something beyond the reach of the authority - what else could he be?

It was time to fish for information.

Fallon gave a small gesture of the head to him, her question blunt, "Mercenary? Or Knight?" A shrug came next, "I mean, weapons and all. Seem like the competent sort," her hand then gave a firm tap upon the hilt of the kukri, "Or just added security with all the shyke I've been hearing about that's going down?" Clearing her throat she lowered her gaze once more, "Sorry, rude of me. You're probably not here for idle chat. Don't let the over curious keep you."

With that she awkwardly plucked upon the string of her short bow, her mind attempting to revise what little she did know about the weapon in question. It had been years since she had last used it, and was mentally stealing herself for the headache she was about to unleash herself in.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 22nd, 2017, 1:33 pm

Timestamp:

Ferrin observed closer, he leaned it, but not enough to make things awkward for the lady. They definitely looked blunt, it proved to Ferrin that they were pretty rounded from the start, when Ferrin first thought the oddity of the arrows tip.

"Oh, confusion! No, no.. more... wonderment?" She was enthusiastic about the arrows? Wonderment, looking at weapons didn't seem to make Ferrin so... what would be the word Ferrin was looking for, he wasn't really sure what was similar meaning to wonderment. Is there one, what about bewilderment? Or is that just another word for confusion? Ferrin sighed, he took another look at the blunted arrows. They gave Ferrin doubt when he looked at their durability, though he shouldn't judge the arrows by how they look. If they act just as bad as they look, then Ferrin will doubt their arrows.

"Mercenary? Or Knight?" A shrug came next, "I mean, weapons and all. Seem like the competent sort," Ferrin blinked as the woman spoke so.... inexpedient. He looked down in dismay, he made sure, that the woman hadn't noticed his frown.

"I'm a Squire...."Ferrin replied warily, he didn't know if he should explain what a squire was. He didn't know if this woman was a local in Syliras, or she's just a visitor. Though, she looked almost as young as Ferrin did even.

"Or just added security with all the shyke I've been hearing about that's going down?" Ferrrin felt a small tingle in his lower chest, and felt worried. He didn't know if this woman had good intentions to doubt him, but perhaps he was judge thinking about things differently and not seeing the full picture of what the woman meant. Ferrin assumed that she didn't mean the hostility.

He decided to listen to the woman speak before he let his temper get the best of him; Ferrin took a deep breath, as he waited for her to continue.

"Sorry, rude of me. You're probably not here for idle chat. Don't let the over curious keep you." Ferrin blinked, she spoke fairly apologetically, she seemed to be unhappy with Ferrins appearance. The squire smiled.

"I'm just here for some training ma'am."The squire said, "I don't enjoy the closed in and isolated walls of the Training Grounds too much."Ferrin said with a sigh. "I wouldn't mind showing you some tips with that bow you have,"he paused, he waited for the woman to speak.

"if not, we could begin our idle chat with our names, first? Eh?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on March 30th, 2017, 10:39 am

The squire - as Fallon quickly learned - was of the quiet sort. Whether that was of the case of his own personality and seeming wariness of strangers, or something that had been tempered by the knights she had yet to decide. Still he seemed to present himself well on the surface, all manners and straight thinking - an official front for when dealing with the public. She had little doubt she was much the same during her time of serving, though seemingly with more nervous energy. Still, she did manage to spy some level of discomfort; the deep inhale used as a pivot to collect thought. Some element of self discipline had been established, the question was on how deep it ran.

"Oh, a squire?" a small, curl of the lips, "It is good you carry such aspirations for such and dedicate yourself to well..." her hand gave a small flick, gesturing to the rest of the city, "This." The other hand gave turned the arrow lazily, an inspection this time of the tatty fletches, before she peered back at him. The use of Ma'am caused the raise of a curious eyebrow, "The training grounds? I thought they were... open?"

She fiddled with the arrow awkwardly, feeling the twinge in her hand as she did. It was perhaps for the best to keep her past association with the Knighthood quiet, no doubt some element of scorn would come from it. Along with some prejudice and bias from the Squire before her. Regardless, as and when that reared its head she would address it.

"Oh? You could?" her gaze looked down to her short bow then, hand gingerly taking it up, "I mean, that would be appreciated... I mean, if it's not too much of a bother." Choosing the tactic on playing upon his status as a squire, niggle in somewhere and plant some element of confidence. Fallon spotted the few archery targets towards the far end of the pits, her ears twitching to the grunts and groans from the others who were training. With an extension of the hand she offered it to shake, "Drop the ma'am. The name is Fallon, and I am certainly interested in what you can show today.... squire...?"

It was with a few, quick steps that Fallon began to make her way over to the targets - nothing their well used and worn states. In all they were little more than haphazardly painted planks of wood, but their purpose was apparent. It was with a small pivot back on her heel that she spoke, polite questions but ones that helped build the image of who he was, "So, squirehood. You're enjoying it? I mean, with the day in and day out training. Can't be born knowing which way to hold a sword... I mean, unless your family is one of the big names, then you might." it was nervous energy, buzzing but with purpose, "Is it true the knights make you run around the grounds in full plate when you start training?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)