Closed Flight of Arrows (Jasmine Stormblood)

Turrin heads to Warstorm Pavilion to practice archery for the triathlon and meets someone new.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Flight of Arrows (Jasmine Stormblood)

Postby Turrin on March 5th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Time Stamp: 12th of Spring 517AV
Who: Jasmine Stormblood

Early morning training was always part of the former endal's training regiment, and Turrin wasn't going to change it since he moved to this new city. Seven days in the city, and he hasn't meet anyone yet. It was a lonely existence for the wanderer, but he wasn't going to let his personal situation depress him. He would just do what he always did train to forget that he was alone. Getting out of his sleeping bag, Turrin opened the door of his tent to allow the eastern Syna-rise to give him some meager amount of light in his tent. First, Turrin slipped into his burgundy bryda and put his katinu over his bare shoulders. The coat gave the warrior enough warmth to withstand the chill in the morning air. He figured as Syna got higher in the sky. Her warmth would be enough to go bare chested the rest of the day. Besides he was Inarta. He could handle a little cold weather. When he came to Endrykas, he noticed the Drykas were not like the Inarta. They tended to where colorful clothing decorated with intricate colorful weaving. Some of the clothing was beautiful, but he was a creature of habit, and at the moment, he thought that much clothing was to restricting and warm.

Taking out a small bag of colorful feathers, the Inartan started to tie his hair around the hard base of the feather. He put a feather into his hair out of remembrance Wind Reach and the people that he left behind. It was a traditions that he started when he left his mother's homeland for good. When he was done getting dressed, he went to his quiver and placed his broad tipped Inarta arrows in the quiver. Grabbing his talon sword and scabbard, he secured it to his belt. Even if he hadn’t had any issues with the Drykas at the moment, he still didn't trust them enough to walk around without his weapon. The food riots in Wind Reach broke his trust in people, and he learned that trust was always earned and never expected besides these weren't his people. They had different laws and customs, so he tread carefully in their city right now. However, he will defend himself if they meant him harm. He put his filled water skin on his belt to for his morning jog. Lastly, he picked up his myrian made short bow. It was the first weapon that he bought and the sturdy jungle wood with stood years of punishment as he traveled the world with it. He knew that he should retire it and buy another one, but it was hard to leave behind a trusted friend.

Suddenly, he heard Aponivi's phantom voice creep into the back of his head, 'Are you ready, Turrin? We don't have all day?'

Out of habit, Turrin responded in his head with a chuckle, 'Don't get your feather's in a bunch, Aponivi. I am coming!'

For a moment, the former endal thought that he was in his aeries, so he walk through the tent door thinking it was door to his wind eagles room, but as he walked through the tent door everything was wrong. The stone aeries was replaced grass and tents. It wasn't Wind Reach at all. It took him a chime or two of standing in silence as he tried to regain his composure. During the moment of confusion, he mentally tried to figure out if he was in Wind Reach or Endrykas, or if he was dreaming or hallucinating earlier. He was hoping it was the first one because his mother often hallucinated about his dead father and other things more disturbing. It was a unsettling thought that he suffering the same mental illness of his mother, and he did his best to pushed it into the back of his mind. He needed to focus on the future and not the past even if the past found a way to haunt him from time to time. Still in a daze, Turrin looked around for Aponivi or Muncher. He sometimes confused them from time to time. He started to remember that he put the hungry horse at The Guided Horse for safe keeping. He didn't know enough about horses to keep the animal by him, so it probably best to keep him with a professional horse handler for now.

When his wits finally came back to him, Turrin decided to work on his decided to work on his physical prowess since figuring out his mental state depressed him, so he decided to jog to the Warstorm Pavilion. He didn't want to jog through the city like a crazy person, so he stayed to the outskirts of the tent city. Turrin started the pace of his run slowly because he didn't want tire himself to soon. The Inarta ran from the tents with the purple colors across the clearing towards the tents with blue colors. The clearing between the two colors of tents were relatively flat, but he had occasionally watch out for the horse dung on the ground. Turrin didn't run around poop like a sane person, but he decided to use it as a obstacle to be conquered. It was stupid and almost childish act, but he started to run faster and leaped over it like it was a log in the middle of trail or stream barring a path. The jump not needed, but he jump as far as he could and landed with his arms outstretched to keep his balance. Surprisingly, even on flat ground, you can loose your balance if you land wrong, so he stumbled forward and landed on his knees in the soft dirt. After the landing, he could feel his heart start to race, so brushing off the dirt from his knees, he stopped for a moment to catch his breath.

When Turrin was ready to continue his jog, he continued his original pace as he ran to the outskirts of the tents with blue colors on them. He didn't want to run through any of their camps because he would consider it rude if some random person ran through his camp. As Syna got higher in the sky, Turrin started to sweat with the physical assertion as he ran along the edge of blue tents. Looking over to his right, he could see the vast emptiness of the Sea of Grass, and the large herds of cows in the distance. He was told the name of the cows when he first got here, but he forgot the name already. It was Pavi, and he had no clue if he heard it right or not. The ground on the outskirts of the camp were not as even as the ground between the different color camps, so he had to slow down to watch his footing. Eventually, the ground started to smooth out at the edge of the clearing between the blue and white camps.

When Turrin saw the opening between the blue colored pavilions and white colored pavilions, he saw people were already starting to get up from being asleep. Turrin stopped for a moment to catch his breath since his heart was now racing in his chest. Feeling thirsty, he took the water skin from his belt and uncorked it and took a drink of water. Deciding it best not to run through a ever growing crowded clearing full of people, horses, and wagons. Knowing his muscles are warmed up from the jog, he decided to stretch. When he was finished stretching, he walked across the clearing to the white colored tents. He heard the Warstorm Pavilion was with the Diamond Clan. He was curious if the white symbolized the diamond clan. Walking into the white colored tents, he walked through a group of smaller pavilions and saw a smaller pavilion by a larger pavilion. Turrin approached the smaller pavilion to see if anyone could direct him to the Warstorm Pavilion walking to the outskirts of the camp. He stayed at the edge because he wasn't going to rude and just walk into their home. He doubt the Drykas were the type of people to party late and sleep late. Turrin didn't see anyone, so he just waited patiently for anyone to emerge from their tents, so he could ask directions.
Last edited by Turrin on April 30th, 2017, 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on March 17th, 2017, 6:55 pm

Jasmine rolled over in her tent not able to get much sleep. Yawning the woman rubbed her eyes before getting up. Beginning her morning routine the blonde walked outside of her tent brushing through the wild mane she calls hair. Sitting down the girl sat in the middle of Syna's light closing her eyes and focusing on the mark. It took several chimes for the young woman to become one with her goddess again. She had not had much time last season to connect with the female that ruled the day light bells. The Drykas was ashamed of the fact that she had become so swept up in the events and fury in Winter; to the point that she had not taken time off to look through Syna's eyes.

Finally feeling the loving warm embrace once more the blonde looked down below at the world around her. She loved the feeling of being able to know who or what was coming at her. A strange jogging caught the woman's eye, trying to get a closer look she spotted one of the new people who had entered the city. His approach to the pavilion had the girl returning to her body as quickly as possible without making herself dizzy from the sudden change. Eye lids fluttered open just before the young man arrives, standing up the girl walked over to meet him with a smile. Waving some to get his attention, she signed hello before speaking it in case he did not know Pavi yet.

“Hello. You look lost, is there somewhere I can point you to?” Jasmine asked walking over as she was the first besides her probable ankal already up.

The blonde was not always first, but lately she had not been able to sleep well. Asher was normally up already, but she could hear the goats slowly becoming restless ready to be checked on. Many had become pregnant and were due sometime this season. Thankfully that meant that the pavilion would be able to have goats milk for part of the season. Once the babies stopped nursing the milk would dry until it was breeding time again.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on March 26th, 2017, 7:16 am

Turrin didn't have to wait long because he saw a pretty blond woman wave to him. He took it as a invitation to walk into their camp and talk to her. He didn't want to yell because people could be still sleeping. When he approached her blonde hair was still slight disarray since it was morning. The woman must in her mid twenties, but she still looked young in his eyes. When he got closer, she said in common that he looked lost. He was relieved that she knew common. She was correct. He was quite lost. For all he knew. He could be standing right next to his destination, and he wouldn't even know it. Turrin smiled at the blonde woman and said with a nod, “You must be able to see it on my face. Yes, I am lost.” Turrin wished that he didn't sound so helpless at the moment, but he continued with a smile, “Sorry I hope that I wasn't interrupting anything important, but does the white symbolize on the tents the diamond clan because I am looking for the location of the Warstorm Pavilion? I heard it located within the diamond clan's tents”

If he was standing in close vicinity of the Warstorm Pavilion, he was going to look really stupid in front of the woman at the moment. Turrin just watched the woman and glanced around the camp behind her. He was really astonished that a whole civilization could just live in tents without any permanent structures. How could they stay, so tightly intertwined because he doubted the Drykas all lived in the vicinity of Endrykas. It was a mystery, but it was a mystery that he won't solve today. Also he noticed smaller livestock in the vicinity of them. Not the huge herd of cows outside the city, but smaller animals like goats. Turrin kind of wondered why the Drykas needed hunters when they have such a abundance of meat that they cultivated over time through ranching. The Drykas were nothing like Wind Reach since they have some sort of way to sustain there growing population. Wind Reach was always on the point of starvation that why the caste system was even made, so the food providers like endal got food first before the consumers like the avora, chiet, or dek. Here they can walk outside their tent slaughter a cow or goat and have food for a week. The only problem that he saw was trying to protect a large herd from predators. Do they have enough warriors to take on such a large task?

Turrin was curious on the kind of chores that the clan and her need to maintain such camp and lifestyle. Obviously, a person would have to take care of the animals like the dogs and the large cats, but if they have a lot of smaller livestock like goats. Would the camp need a lot a people to take care of them. He hope that he wasn't keeping her from her chores. The Inarta knew that he was going to hunt later in the evening when it was cooler and the animals tended to be more active in the morning or evening. Turrin started wonder if he should hunt around the herd for hungry predators. It was a idea, but he needed to figure out how to track on the plains first. Looking at the blonde woman, Turrin asked in common with a nod, “Sorry I am being rude. My name is Turrin. I just arrived about a week ago in the city, so I am about as clueless one could be here. May I ask you your name?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Jasmine Stormblood on April 10th, 2017, 4:45 pm

The blonde was not always first, but lately she had not been able to sleep well. Asher was normally up already, but she could hear the goats slowly becoming restless ready to be checked on. Many had become pregnant and were due sometime this season. Thankfully that meant that the pavilion would be able to have goats milk for part of the season. Once the babies stopped nursing the milk would dry until it was breeding time again. The man walked over towards the girl causing her to stop. She looked up at him with a friendly smile not at all bothered by the fact that he was a stranger. Asher could be heard staggering around grumping some. The first question the outsider asked confirmed that he was not from around the city. Most everyone knew that the solid white tents signified the Diamond clan, while the white tents with the colorful borders signified the Opal clan.

“Yes, you are in the diamond clan. Come and sit. The tea will be ready shortly,” Jasmine stated and turned walking back to the campfire.

Asher waved with a yawn to the man and woman. He was not unaccustomed to the blonde bringing home company for a short time. Walking over to the boiling water she put in the grinds before grabbing some mint and even some honey for after. The blonde stirred the boiling liquid as it began to change from clear to the known dark color. Dropping the mint in first she motioned for the man to join her across the fire pit. Looking up once the blonde was content with the smell, she leaned back and looked to him. The introduction of himself was a nice change of pace from not even knowing him.

“Welcome to the city. My name is Jasmine Stormblood; you are in the right area for the Warstorm pavilion. I plan to go there myself today. Let's enjoy some tea first, and I will get ready then we can go,” Jasmine stated with a smirk.

After a few chimes the girl grabbed a dry rag and removed the pot from the heat. Grabbing two cups the woman poured each of them a glass and handed one to him. Opening the honey, she used a spoon to drizzle the golden liquid into the cup. Returning it back to the jar, the girl motioned for the man to use it if he wished. Blowing gently, she took a sip and sighed happily at the feeling. Looking up the woman could not help the question that bubbled to the top of her mind.

“If I may, what brought you here?” Jasmine asked curiously.
Jasmine Stormblood
The Clan is Strength, The Clan is Life

Words: 263067
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 2:51 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Turrin on April 23rd, 2017, 7:25 pm

Turrin smiled when she confirmed that he was in the right location for the diamond clan. Now he just needed to figure out where the Warstorm Pavilion was in the city. Suddenly, the women offered him something called tea. He never had tea before, so he gave her a slow nod. Following the women to the woman to the fire, Turrin couldn't help himself from noticing that the woman was attractive and coming from a land full of red heads made the blonde haired woman seem more exotic in the golden eyes of the Inarta. Sitting down cross legged in front of the fire, Turrin watched the pretty blonde woman prepare the tea. He sat silently as she seemed focused on preparing her guest's beverage. He watched and noticed that it was drink made from leaves and hot water. He wondered how leaf water could taste good. He started to wonder if they were boiling grass. Regardless, she was taking her time preparing it, so he figured it was a important custom.

When the blonde women finished preparing her tea, she sat back and let it brew. Turrin smiled when she introduced herself as Jasmine Stormblood. It was a pretty name for the blonde beauty. He ran hand through his hair and said with a smile, “Jasmine, it sounds like a flower. I think your name suits you well...”

When she mentioned that she was going to the Warstorm Pavilion too, he decided to invite her, “If you like to join me, I am training for the triathlon, so if you want to join me, I will be working on my archery today?”

After a few chimes, Turrin watched the woman grab a rag and removed the metal pot from the fire. She went and grabbed two cups of and poured the brown liquid into the cups. She opened a jar of honey and put some of it into her tea. She offered him some of the honey, but Turrin shook his head and said with another smile, “Thank you, but I will pass on the honey. I will try it without the sweetener.” The former endal brought the warm liquid to his lips and sipped the brown concoction. The mint gave the tea enough flavor that the sweetener would make it to sweet. Turrin took another sip of the brown liquid and said with a smile, “This is really good, Thank you Jasmine.”

Taking his seat on the other side of the fire, Jasmine asked the reason for coming to Endrykas. Turrin sipped the liquid for a moment as he thought about his answer. He wasn't going to tell her that he was a vagabond with no home, so he sipped his tea again and looked into the fire. Looking up at her, he said with a smile, “When I lived in Wind Reach, I met a man named Zhol. He was from Endrykas and said that Drykas rode god-touched horses called Striders.” Sipping his tea again, he moved a stray pieace of burgandy hair behind his ear and continued, “It was a childish reason for coming to your city, but I wanted to see one.” Looking up at her, the Inarta said simply, “Inarta are known throughout the continent for riding giant eagles called wind eagles. All Inarta children want to bond with a wind eagle, become a eagle rider, and join the endal caste, so I guess curiosity brought me to your city...”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)