A little of everything. (Fallon)

Our hero finds himself face to face with a dangerous criminal.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Markus Andres on August 11th, 2015, 12:53 am

The knight was taken a little aback by Fallon's sudden exclamation about S'Essy's aquatic background. He did not entirely understand why she suddenly underlined the point that she was of Laviku's realm. It was a strange lecture she had for him on that subject. Followed by a humorous quip on her behalf and that did bring back a the smile to his lips and drove off some of the confusion with a short laughter and a shrug.

"And sometimes you're lucky to find a pearl in those you eat." He said with a smirk that mirrored Fallon's own, but he grew serious as he felt necessary to defend himself. "I did not dispute her aquatic nature, nor that our daughter will share the very same traits - but yes, she adores the sea, but I think fish bones and kelp would only garner me a night sleeping on a couch." He paused briefly as he contemplated the idea of sea shells again. Perhaps more than a single gift? Sea shells for ordinary use and to acknowledge her Konti nature and her great love for Laviku? Fallon was correct that such a gift would probably make her very happy. "But it would make her very happy I believe. The seashells, not the kelp." - And her happiness was weighed higher than his own discomfort and he would have to learn to live with that aspect of his own life.

His eyes looked at the various shops and places he might catch a gift or something that just screamed S'Essy and now also for decorative seashells. It would not be easy he determined, but his spirit was high as he carried on. Fallon was a fine companion, her inquisitive mind and more importantly sharp tongue and unrelenting personality did give him things to consider that he ordinarily would not.

"It has been a year of practical concerns. Constantly weighing things around survival and whether or not we can carry it in case of a quick escape or if it would garner unwanted attention. Always practical... Just giving her something pretty feels like a small respite from that mentality." He shrugged as if it didn't really make sense and his vocabulary did not entirely cover what he actually meant. But he changed subject the best he could. "White gold. Does sound like a good idea, also lapsed my mind. Perhaps you're more of a woman than you let on?" There was a grin as he stopped at the sight of something he might consider buying. It was a simple ring, bronze it looked like. A material that he did not think fit S'Essy at all. He wondered if they would come across a jewelry store in the city. If that even existed. Had been too long since he had last been in Zeltiva for any length of time and even then he might never have thought about such a shop until now. Though his eyes had gotten the merchant's attention. Always eager to make a sale in this greedy town and if the man had a ring, he might have a necklace or pendant - whatever the difference was. Perhaps not daring to show the real valuable things on a table due to thievery.

"Might be that we have a catch here."

. The merchant seemed happy that Markus had come over. Eager to please the knight, although he probably didn't realize that, he greeted them with a smile.

"Out to get something for the missus?" The voice sounded greasy. The eyes went past the large knight and to the person accompanying him. Insinuating them as a couple.

"Yes, though not for this one, she is here for her sharp eyes. I am looking for something that might compliment a Konti lady." Konti lady was perhaps saying the same twice - who had ever met a male konti, after all. The merchant looked to be in thought for a few seconds. "Jewelry or shells?" He clarified as the merchant raised a hand, as if he was grappling with thoughts. Something expensive in the back.

"Depends if you have the cash to spend. I have a pendant with a Laviku's tear." - The name alone brought a shimmer of hope to Markus' eyes. The price wasn't really of any concern so he nodded and tapped his pouch of gold with his hand. The coins jingled together. The merchant crouched and seemed to be rummaging with a chest of some sort. His eyes kept shifting from whatever he was working on opening and then to the merchandise that he was showing off. Ensuring neither he nor Fallon was taking anything. Finally he found the object. A necklace - or pendant, he was still not sure about the difference. The chain seemed to be made of silver, though that was not where his eyes went first. The gem itself was a little apart from the necklace. Hanging on its own from a small piece of silver, looked like silver at least. The gem itself, beyond the blue to purplish colour, it also held something that looked like fossilized creature that belonged to the sea. Hence the name, he believed. Laviku's tear. It would be a perfect gift for S'Essy. But he had taken Fallon with for more than her engaging conversation and perhaps she could back him up.

"Well, what do you say?" He said looking to Fallon. The merchant followed his gaze.

Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Fallon on August 14th, 2015, 1:39 pm

It did not seem particularly long until something caught Markus' eye and his attention was snatched away from idle conversation to one of business. There was a hum of words, the questioning jab at her mentality attempted as she simply allowed herself to fall into the mental state of neutrality. It was an easy task to do, there was no point in over thinking on the subject. It was merely the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere provided and the environment before her. Fallon offered him a shrug on the topic of white gold, watching him weigh up the potential articles to purchase before she was lead aside. The words of business were spoken, the further suggestions pointed as if to lure her in.

"I would feel sorry for him if I was his missus," she offered a smile to the Merchant, "Alas, I am just the minder for this day - it is all he would be able to cope with." She could almost hear the merchant snort, the eyes flickering one last time as she took her stand next to the man. Her jaw gave a lift, eyes looking down upon what was available. Trinkets mainly but if something had caught his eyes she would not interrupt him. When the piece was produced however her eyes gave a narrow to the pendant in question. It was hard to get a good look at it from the distance between.

"I say that it is still your choice to make and that you know her better than I," Fallon peered at him from beneath her brow, "Or did you want me to evaluate it as I would with things?" She let the offer hang there for a moment, watching the edge glimmer in the sun light before she took a step closer. It was with a smile that she spoke to the merchant, "Do you mind if I...?"
A pause, he let his eyes narrow down on her before he at last slowly nodded, "By all means, do look."
Passing it and the chain across, Fallon tugged the glove off from her left hand, the Lykata buzzing across the back of it. With care she took it, letting the chain lace between her fingers as she inspected it. While she only held a little knowledge on the appraisal of goods it did not stop her from trying. Eyes narrowed, the gentle tilt of the stone in the light, the silver edge tarnished but only in need of a clean - it was the same case with the chain upon closer inspection.

"Well," she started as she pinched the pendant itself between the thumb and forefinger. It was from there she tilted it, letting the polished edge glimmer in the light. There was swirls beneath, small fragments of colours that were beneath the immediate surface that she could not put her finger on - more stone than polished gem, it reminded her of the chalky substance one would find along some cliffs or lying along some beaches in white tumbled lumps, "The metal is certainly silver. Laviku's Tear is an... alternative name?"
"Yes miss,"
answered the merchant, "Others sometimes refer to it as Coral Agate."
"I see..."
Her orbs focused on the small flecks and fragments once more - perhaps that explained why she saw the shapes the way they were, tiny pieces of dead coral locked within stone and mineral only to be made into jewellery. It would also explain the variety of colours that were presented in its sheen, "It certainly has a collection of colours, will all the shades within. Though, you probably already noticed that. Now let's see," She inspected it closer this time, eyes thin narrows as she scanned for potential blemishes, "There does not seem to be any cracks or weaknesses in it. Which is good. And it seems of a moderate quality, nothing left unfinished making it a simple shaped piece that is not overly elaborate in design." She paused, withdrew and passed the piece back to the merchant with a smile. The hands quickly took it, "Meaning it focuses on the draw of colour over anything else. Anyway, that's my thoughts on it."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on April 30th, 2017, 3:59 am

Grade Pending Image
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on April 30th, 2017, 11:00 pm

GRADES AWARDED Image

Name:Fallon
XP Award:
  • +1 XP Observation (noted Marcus dressed for purpose)
  • +1 XP Host/Hostessing (welcoming guest/serving tea)
  • +1 XP Philtering (brewing a proper cup of tea)

Lore:
  • Making Tea for Two
  • Descriptive Fallon’s new home
  • Recommending apology gifts for a Konti

Notes: Please add +999 GM to Ledger and +1 GM box from Possessions.

Name: Marcus
XP Award:
  • +1 XP Planning (help with apology/insight into Fallon's magic)
  • +1 XP Persuasion (temptation with mystery box)

Lore:
  • Gifting Fallon a nest egg to pay a debt
  • Fallon Getting Married
  • Aid in picking the perfect apology gift

Notes: Please deduct -999 GM from Ledger and -1 GM for box possession.

Please don't forget to update your Character Sheet and delete your post in the grading queue.
If you have any discussion, questions or concerns please feel free to PM me.
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous