Closed [1] One Lonesome Dancer [Elin]

[Mystery Vial Event]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

[1] One Lonesome Dancer [Elin]

Postby Kaleidoscope on June 2nd, 2017, 9:29 pm

5th Summer 517 AV

It was only the fifth of the season. Not much had happened- relatively speaking. There was much to be said for Alvadas' adventurous, calamitous lifestyle, but even the city of illusions couldn't be in a constant state of party. So it was that on this supposedly abnormal Alvad day, a handsome fellow with straw-blonde hair and an extravagant eyepatch was walking the streets drawing little to no attention.

If that was the case, then why was he even worth mentioning? Well, that straw-blonde haired man was carrying a special vial, tucked nonchalantly in the wide, ribboned brim of his floppy, aquamarine sunhat. There were many curious things about the vial. For a start, it appeared to be glowing with a kind of spiralling, opaque mist. From a distance in the dark, the light would be easy to spot, even if it was indistinct. There were more points of interest too. Upon closer inspection, the vial was of very good quality. It was stoppered with a dark rubber seal, dipped in vibrant red wax. The underside was printed with a maker's mark, but it was small and difficult to make out.

Yet, despite the oddity of the miniature container, and despite the floppily-hat, there wasn't much else to distinguish the brightly-clad Alvad from the rest of the crowds. So it was that the man walked aimlessly for morning, humming quietly under his breath and softly scanning the crowds under the wide brim of his innocuous hat.

Then, at midday, he stopped for some lunch. Alvadas was famous for it's taste-shifting food, and the stall he bought from was no exception. The small loaf of bread he bought looked plain, and uninteresting, and doughy. But, upon breaking the freshly baked bread, the man breathed in the deep scents of butterscotch and as he bit into it... yes. Roses. He smiled with satisfaction, and started to continue his walk around and around the city. Faces were beginning to blend, but he was resolute. Today was the day he had been told, and so he must find... whatever it was he was looking for.

Then, as he took off his hat to scratch his ear ponderously, he spotted her! The man grinned, and leapt to attention. In a few short bounds, he stopped in front of the mother with her children. The arrival of the peculiar man would surely put a buffer on their own journey through the bizarre city, but to make sure he had their attention he took off his hat, broadly swept it in front of him, and bowed excessively low. Then, with nary a word, the tall, blonde man started to dance.

It was an odd kind of dance, full of jerking limbs and high leaps into the air. There was neither rhyme nor reason to the man's display, merely enthusiasm. Throughout, the man was smiling and winking his bright, oceanic eyes, his dimpled cheeks puckered into a creased grin. Then he was finished, in one final jump that left him standing on his knees in front of the children.
"Here, I have a present for you!" The man withdrew some of the rose bread from his pocket, and proffered it to the younglings. "You need'nt be afraid... it's simply bread, as I am just a simple man. If I have your attention, lady, then I'll be glad of your assistance."
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Elin on June 3rd, 2017, 6:02 pm

Image"Common" | "Kontinese" | "Tukant"

It was a calm day for Alvadas, and that was something Elin was glad for. Though the streets still moved and smaller illusions still roamed the place, she was glad to have a day that was slightly less revelrous and odd, and to her it seemed like a perfect day to take Elin and Rion to explore the city without the two becoming too overwhelmed by the unusual goings on.
For most of the time, Rion was still kept in the sling, held snug in place against Elin's chest, but when he started wriggling and struggling, Elin would take him out and carry him on her side, or even hold his hands as he slowly attempted to walk while most of his weight was still being supported by Elin.

Now it was around lunch time, and Elin knew that Ilia would start complaining sometime within the next bell, so it was worth looking for somewhere to buy food that Rion would also be able to eat.
Already the boy was restless and fidgeting, wanting to see what was going on around him, and Elin sighed, pulling him from the sling and holding him in her arms on her hip so he could look around and smile and point at everything he found interesting.

She glanced around and chose a direction, then as she turned and started moving that way, a man appeared in front of her, bowing extravagantly.
She looked over the man, noting his appearance so she'd recognise him if she ever encountered him again, before she heard Rion gurgling happily, strings of repeated syllables escaping his mouth.
It was obvious that Rion liked something about the man, and as the man started dancing, the infant started giggling even more, squirming and writhing and trying to escape her arms.

Smiling herself at the spectacle, she lowered Rion to the ground, her hands entwined in his as his foot touched the ground. She didn't dare let go of him fully, but she let go of one of his hands so he had a little more freedom, but he was still being held upright by the other hand.

As the man continued his erratic dance, Elin's smile grew wider and into a grin, before she looked down at Ilia and Rion to see looks of joy and entertainment on their faces and that only made her own grin wider.
Then as she looked back to the man he came to an end in front of Rion and Ilia, before claiming he had a present for them.

Elin watched closely before the man offered them some bread, and Elin smiled, nodding to Ilia that she could take some as Rion took some in his hand, messily chewing and sucking on it, before Ilia herself took some, a look of shear shock on her face as she tasted the bread.
Elin smiled more, guessing that the bread didn't taste like bread in the way that Ilia had expected.
This was Alvadas after all, and even on it's calmer days it seemed that not everything was as it seemed.

Then the man turned to Elin.
"If I have your attention, lady, then I'll be glad of your assistance." she heard him say and she turned her attention away from the two children to him, knowing that they'd be occupied by food for some time.

"Well, if I can assist at all to be happy to." she said with a light smile, her tone both cheerful and curious as to what the man needed assistance with. "These two will be busy and quiet for some time now after all." Her light smile turned into a grin as she spoke, her eyes looking him over again to try and see if she could tell anything about him from his appearance, though he looked like any other Alvad to her.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Kaleidoscope on June 5th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Her cordial answer pleased the man, who shed the eyepatch to reveal two aqua eyes, sparkling like jewels and framed with blonde eyebrows that gave the man a look of constant surprise. "It is only a trivial matter to some, but a vital matter for myself and my friend. I have a gift which needs to find an owner. I have searched all across Alvadas, looking for one who is worthy of this gift, but my efforts have been in vain. However, when I saw you I soon realised that you are the perfect candidate!"

"However, there is one catch. That is," he broke off for a short, awkward laugh, "Although my friend is trustworthy and he trusts me, I'm afraid he wouldn't tell any of us what this present actually was! All I know is that it is a harmless vial, filled with something. He said this," and the blonde man put on a pompous voice and wiggled his eyebrows up and down as he spoke, mimicking his nameless friend, "The owner of the vial knows whether to open it or to leave it shut. If it is to be opened, it should be on the first of the next season only. The one thing I decree is that the vial should never be damaged, and that is all."

He stopped, and smiled briefly before digging into the brim of his hat and retrieving the vial, placing it in his palm for the woman to view- the children too, should they be interested. "So, here it is! You may take it and have it if you wish. I daresay it's something interesting, definitely. My friend wouldn't spend so much time making such a thing only for it to be boring. That wouldn't do at all now, would it!"

If the woman seemed accepting, his whole face would relax and he would grin and shake her hand enthusiastically before placing the vial in her outstretched hand. It was surprisingly heavy for such a small thing, but not so heavy as to be cumbersome. It was true also that the vial seemed to fit well in Elin's hand, like it had been designed to fit there. When tapped, it let out a clear, bell-like sound for a moment before fading to nothing. Despite being pretty and unusual though, there was nothing to suggest it was anything but a well-made amusement.

With the gift handed over, the man would give the young woman a spontaneous hug and swiftly wave his goodbyes. Forever a performer by nature, he would walk backwards, waving and hopping on one leg so as to amuse the children some more. It made his heart smile to see the younglings, and although they seemed comfortable in the city of illusions, the man did his best to be full of smiles. It wasn't hard- they came naturally to him.
Alvadas | Linkmap | Calendar
Ahnatep | Linkmap | OOC
Office
~
Stepped down from ST roles: 1/9/2017
Thanks for all the fish.
Kaleidoscope
Taking a Bow

Words: 320260
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2016, 6:13 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Elin on June 8th, 2017, 11:13 am

Elin found herself staring at the mans eyes and smiling slightly. He was unusual to say the least, though no more unusual than a human could get.

Then she heard him speaking of a gift that needed an owner, and that she was the perfect candidate and she raised an eyebrow curiously. The whole situation was intriguing to her, and she wondered what this gift could be, before she heard him speak again, this time of how his friend was trustworthy.
As he imitated his friend, Elin felt a smile come across her face and she heard Ilia laugh at the man's impression.

Then Elin watched closely as the man retrieved a vial from his hat and showed it to her, Ilia moving closer to see it, though Rion showing no interest in nothing other than the bread he was enjoying!

"So only open it on the first of Fall and don't damage it?" Elin clarified, her eyes looking over the vial as the man said that she could take it, and that it wouldn't be anything boring and a grin spread across her face as she looked at Ilia, the little girl looking back up and seemingly pleading through her eyes for Elin to take the vial.

"If you're certain!" Elin said, wanting to make sure that the man definitely wanted to give her the vial, before she accepted it and held it in her hand for a moment or two, admiring how well it was made, and how it seemed to fit in her hand perfectly, before she looked up at the blonde man again. "Thank you!" she said grinning widely, before she felt the man hug her and her grin turned into a slight giggle, before he wave goodbye and began to walk backwards, waving and hopping as he did so, eliciting giggles and laughs from Ilia and Rion, Ilia beginning to copy him and hop on one leg as she watched.

Elin waved at the man with a grin, before turning her attention back to the vial, looking over it to see a spiralling mist inside it, and she couldn't help but stare at it for a few moments, before she gently tapped the vial to see if anything would happen and a bell like sound came from the vial, drawing Ilia's attention away from the man to the vial.

"Mummy, what is it?" the little girl asked and Elin shrugged her shoulders, bending down so the little girl could see easily.
"I'm not sure sweetness, but I'm sure we'll find out." Elin said, glancing around to see if the man was still there to see that he was now out of sight, probably having gone down a few streets.

Sighing, Elin tucked the vial into her boot to keep it safe, before picking her infant son up and holding him on her hip as she turned to Ilia.
"Anyway, lets get off then!" she said to the girl with a smile as she took her hand.

Boxcode by Gossamer
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)