Improve Mizahar's Lore - Can You Do It Better? Prove It.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Karyk on June 25th, 2017, 11:26 pm

In the Grading Guide, I suggest adding the following to the Check the CS section, following the first paragraph.

"Player Activity is defined as having a thread timestamped in the season in question. If a player has a thread timestamped in season X, they pay seasonal expenses for season X. Players are never required to pay seasonal expenses for flashbacks (threads prior to character creation). If these expenses are not paid, do not award a grade."
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Faradae on June 26th, 2017, 4:38 am

The part about flashbacks not needing expenses is interesting, but apparently it's also in the Flashback lore now. I know I got called out in Winter because I payed no expenses for the single solo fb I'd written for HB during that season.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Words: 140559
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Samuel Longwell on June 26th, 2017, 6:39 am

Here Goss talks about being active defined as posting at all during a season. So if you made any IC post (including flashbacks) then you'd need to pay for the current seasonal expenses.

The flashbacks lore on the other hand says this at the end:

Important Note: If you are at all active during the current RP season and posting then you are required to pay seasonal expenses for the current game season. If you are only playing in flashback threads, you do not have to pay current seasonal expenses. Flashbacks do not require seasonal expenses because someone cannot collect coin in a flashback thread.

So it looks like the flashback page needs changing to say that you do have to pay seasonal expenses.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Karyk on June 26th, 2017, 10:04 am

This was brought up after an in chat discussion with Gossamer. It was stated that active is defined by the time stamps of the threads only.
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on June 26th, 2017, 10:17 am

Also, just to follow up on Karyk's comment, Gossamer recently (yesterday) changed the flashbacks lore to indicate that seasonal expenses were not required. Feel free to check the lore history of changes (on the left menu of the flashbacks lore page).
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Faradae on June 26th, 2017, 10:40 am

That's why I said "it's in the lore now". I was just pointing out that this is new and a recent change.

That said, I'm not sure how necessary this expansion is. Apart from the flashback issue (now lore-covered), I believe that the necessity of expenses and how to pay them is covered in the respective lore.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Karyk on June 26th, 2017, 11:06 am

My addition would simply clarify that it requires the Timestamp to be what is checked, not the posting dates, as well as putting it into the Grading Guide to help current and future Graders. And it helps to have it in the Grading Guide over the Flashback lore simply because it applies more to grades than it does to flashbacks.
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Faradae on June 26th, 2017, 11:22 am

Granted. Note: The posting date needs to be checked as well because it does not correspond with the season surprisingly often (particularly job threads).

Maybe go all the way then and link expenses thread and flashback thread, too.

Reminds me that the addition towards flashbacks should get a note on the expenses page, too.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Karyk on June 26th, 2017, 11:28 am

I should clarify, I meant posting dates of later posts in a thread that was started in a previous season. So a thread started and timestamped in Spring but posts are still being done in Summer. By the old definition, that would make the person active in Summer and Spring. But under this new definition, they would only be active in Spring. But yes, post date of the timestamped/first post does need checked.
Karyk
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Faradae on June 26th, 2017, 11:48 am

Really? I thought it had always been a person's first post in a thread that counted. Since when were grandfathered threads even topic of this discussion?

I think point of the old rule was that people are not supposed to accumulate XP only through flashbacks, dodging expenses and avoiding current plotlines. A limited number of threads you did not quite get done in the previous season (which you did pay expenses for after all) never were that problematic.
Faradae
Your favourite birb.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext