Ravok: Seeking Roleplay Partners

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Shainn on July 6th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Was sending this post a little earlier. Hope it's alright. I'm planning on making a Great Gray Owl Kelvic at Ravok. I have a slight idea in mind, and thanks to those who helped me freshen up my mind with Ravok I think I could find a way to settle in. I was planning on having Shainn (pronounced like Shane) be raised and breeded at the KRI at Ravok. For a few years he was forced to mate. Though, that was until someone came around and purchased Shainn. Even though, birds are pretty expensive. Only just 300 Golden Mizas... or if no one would be able to buy him at age 3. I could have him be 5 Kelvic years old and he could be one of the Kelvics that escaped during the Djed Storm of 512av?

Let me know what you guys think. Preferably, I'd want to have a younger Kelvic. So if there's anyone in need of a Owl who can hunt/do spy work for them. Shainn is your man-bird. :)
Shainn
Player

Words: 30907
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on July 6th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Hey Shainn,

Sometimes I've bought slaves in the past since those dynamics can be fun to play out. However, there are two things I usually consider before getting into that sort of relationship:
1) How reliable and active the writer is oocly
2) How profitable the slave might be either icly or for ooc roleplay opportunities

Anyways if you show me you're worth 300gm, I might consider ;)
Other people might not be so picky, but they also might not be rich. Just some food for thought :)
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Shainn on July 6th, 2017, 11:35 pm

I do appr the offer. I've never rp'd a slave before. Though, wasn't expecting Shainn to be a slave, lol. Though, Ravok doesn't normally set people 'free' do they? Do you recommend that I work on a solo or two before we do a thread? From what I'm reading from your response it sounds like a duet thread. Should I make a closed thread with you, or should I start out with a solo?
Shainn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on July 7th, 2017, 12:42 am

I guess there are two things that I'm trying to get across.

Don't be afraid to establish yourself as a slave character without a specific master. You can do many types of interactions with people as a slave, but without them necessarily being your master.

And secondly, don't expect that someone would want to buy you ICly unless you show a lot of promise. Think about what your character can actually offer. I like that you mentioned about being a man-bird spy. Although I don't think I saw any Intelligence or Investigation in your skills list.

Mizahar money might be easier to get than in the real world. But it still requires dedication of the roleplayer. And maybe the roleplayer would prefer a fancy house or boat or horse. Or even a NPC slave who meets their needs (and who probably won't run away).

I'd love more networking abilities in Ravok, but maybe Sayana is too cheap to buy another slave and might choose to try to charm you to spy for her instead. There are lots of possibilities out there.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shainn on July 7th, 2017, 1:04 am

Don't be afraid to establish yourself as a slave character without a specific master. You can do many types of interactions with people as a slave, but without them necessarily being your master.

Alright. I assumed that they are confined with their masters. I'm mostly nervous of providing a story arch with that slave because his story can route to many directions at once. I fear that it might get overwhelming.

And secondly, don't expect that someone would want to buy you ICly unless you show a lot of promise. Think about what your character can actually offer. I like that you mentioned about being a man-bird spy. Although I don't think I saw any Intelligence or Investigation in your skills list.

Though, I could possibly add Investigation somewhere. Maybe the KRI gave special permission for Shainn to go out and spread his wings and during that time he did some side work Investigation for the Nitrozians? Or would I have to have special HD permission for that?

Mizahar money might be easier to get than in the real world. But it still requires dedication of the roleplayer. And maybe the roleplayer would prefer a fancy house or boat or horse. Or even a NPC slave who meets their needs (and who probably won't run away).

I see. It depends on my activity. I can be on and off for some time. Though, I'll usually have notifications on to receive messages and such. Though, a slave doesn't earned money here on Mizahar. But, aren't they provided by their Master for the living/food expense?

I'd love more networking abilities in Ravok, but maybe Sayana is too cheap to buy another slave and might choose to try to charm you to spy for her instead. There are lots of possibilities out there.

Maybe a bit of negotiation and persuasion would possibly get Sayana to buy Shainn as a prominent investigator. You could use him in the middle of the night when it's harder for others to be stealthy when they're avoiding the Ebonstryfe. When Shainn could simply observe and hear from the roofs.
Shainn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on July 7th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Maybe we can have a casual thread first, see how it goes, and then if we click (ICly and OOCly) then there might be potential for more. And then maybe the actual purchase/commitment can happen.

But don't let me become your only thread partner. Otherwise you might get bored or feel stuck if I'm busy juggling other threads too. At least as a spy-type, you can interact with others.

PM me, and we can sort out details for a thread.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes