Completed [Sakel City Event] Good Friend, Bad Request

9.The Sakel impersonates a good friend and asks a PC for help. (Multiple use event)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Sakel City Event] Good Friend, Bad Request

Postby Martini Elwood on June 27th, 2017, 1:17 am

Martini turned back to Grim when she heard a loud thump but kept walking until ebony threw his foot against a stone. She let out a gasp, fear and shock in equal measure. He grunted in pain, falling to one knee before asking Martini for help.

She barely caught it.

Internally Martini was - in body and mind - afraid. She couldn't comprehend what she had just seen. Grim was clearly ill, moreover he had just wounded himself and asked for help. Martini felt a pull, knowing Kayli might have seen what she'd seen. She couldn't bring herself to look away.

She wanted to leave. Preferably now, but she couldn't leave this man here could she? She began to realise things that weren't natural about their whole encounter. When the first interacted, he had something about to much time in the sun. When she falsely complemented him, he started on the opposite side of where Kayli had stood when he smiled. It was all coming together.

The grip on her shoulder earlier had been forceful, hadn't it? A light sheen of perspiration broke out on her brow. When was the last time she was so afraid? During the storms? It felt like her fear had been amplified tenfold. She didn't speak to Grim, but she shifted her eyes about, looking for an escape route.

An Akalak! Maybe he could see to this man so she could leave.

"Sir! Sir! A man is, uh, hurt!" Once the Akalak was close enough to see Grim, Kayli said one thing and her and Martini took off toward home. She told her to run. Whether or not Grim spoke to her, Martini left, fear overriding her features as she fled.

OOCBecause Grim was hitting by his foot, I thought it was safe to assume Martini could hear it. Either way, thanks for threading with me!
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Grim Ravenwood on June 27th, 2017, 11:26 am

¤

It was all going as he planned. Except that it didn't. The ideal situation was that she would help him to the medical facility, where he would do something about his bruised leg, and something about whatever was wrong with her. Of course, while this all played pretty well in his head, in reality, things were different.

Martini appeared somewhat scared of him, and instead of rushing to his side to help him out, she called another person to help him out. This was not good. Not only did his painful attempt to hold her not help the situation one bit, but it prevented him from doing anything further. Gods, why did he think that was a good idea?

"No, wait!" Grim called after her. "You cant go anywhere in that state!" He would add, in vain though, as she had already made enough distance between them for his words not to reach her.

"No, get off me, i don't need any help." Said Grim as the Akalak Martini called forhelp approached him, his blue visage looming over him, attempting to get the injured Eiyon up. Though, Grim's ankle didn't agree with him, as the seconds he was release from his grim, he collapsed. "Actually, i do, petch..."

Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Words: 124151
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Orin Fenix on July 7th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Martini Elwood

Skills
    5 Observation
    1 Investigation
    5 Socialization
    1 Intimidation
    1 Land Navigation
    2 Rhetoric
    2 Interrogation
    1 Medicine
    2 Persuasion
    1 Subterfuge
Lores
    Kayli Evers: Closest Friend
    Investigation: Tattoos Make People Recognizable
    Grim Ravenwood: Strange Bluish Arm
    Grim Ravenwood: Dressed in Black, With a Raven
    Grim Ravenwood: Half-Isur
    Grim Ravenwood: Mysterious Scythe Tattoo
    Medicine: All Nighters Cause Health Problems
    Dusk: Skull Crow and Grim’s Companion
    An Unsettling Encounter With a Troubled Man
Rewards/Consequences
    Notes :
    Lovely little thread! I could really feel Martini's unease growing as the thread progressed and the situation become more unsettling.

Grim Ravenwoodb][/size][/u][/center]
    [b]Skills

5 Observation
      5 Socialization
      1 Medicine
      2 Persuasion
      1 Rhetoric
      1 Interrogation
      2 Endurance
      1 Unarmed Combat
      1 Subterfuge
      1 Planning
    Lores
      Riverfall: City of Parks
      Riverfall: Scarce Female Population
      Martini Elwood: Strange Girl With an Imaginary Friend
      Socialization: Joking to Calm Someone Down
      Medicine: Heat Can Make People Crazy
      Dusk: Companion
      Dusk: Likes to Try Out New Skulls
      Planning: The Best Laid Plans….
    Rewards/Consequences
      Grim will have difficulty walking on his ankle for 3 days
    Notes :
    A really well written and thoughtful thread! I enjoyed the confusion about each others status, and I'm glad it ended on such an unresolved note. Although Grim should really improve on his ploys

Please edit your post in the grade request thread. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.

Orin Fenix
    Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
    Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
    Race: Human
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Scrapbook
    Journal
    Plotnotes
    Medals: 3
    Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)