Placeholder [The People's Market] Ditching the Chaperone [Elias]

43rd of Summer -- Tierra places ditch the Chaperone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The People's Market] Ditching the Chaperone [Elias]

Postby Tierra on August 29th, 2017, 12:28 pm

OOCThe Chaperone is free to use by all in this. She is a just a nameless NPC for this case.

43 Summer 517

Tierra was ecstatic she managed to some how get a covenant spot with an older orphan to get out of the Commorancy and into the city. Sure it was just a simple trip to the market in the Merchant Ring, but still it was something no other child her age at the Orphanage got to do often. Glancing over at Hwyn she smiled and waved, he was a silly boy from what she knew of him but there was very little she actually knew about him. The chaperone tutted a bit, snapping Tierra back into focus at what was going on around her.

Right merchant ring at the People's Market. Focus Tie, what is going on around you? Tie watched as merchants were hawking their goods – flours, fish, vegetables, fruits, an assortment of sweet items. She could smell the heavenly smell of fish being cooked, other meats being smoked. It was a aromatic feast. She could also see the guards making their walks, patrolling for no-gooders. No-gooders like those Syliran Knights... Hmm. She looked up at her caretaker with the most sincere look of concern on her face when she spoke: “I heard they had rumored of a Syliran Knight running around the city, that is why we see so many guards lately.” Tie spoke just loud enough that the words caused the merchant to try and get their chaperone to hurry up so he could pack up. He didn't want to be anywhere nearby if a knight was around. They were one of those no-gooders that the guards always looked out for.

The merchant's distress was clear that the lady that was suppose to be keeping track of Hwyn and Tierra while at the same time picking out the vegetables for the evening meal was clearly having trouble doing what she was tasked. Tie could only hope that Hwyn was either going to follow along or be as oblivious to the nature of Tierra's comment – it was a distraction. With the merchant focusing on trying to get the caretaker to hurry meant that the lady was forced to either oblige the man or be content of fighting with him in her own way. In this case she attempted both, mentioning that there is no concern we have the guards to protect us. This though made no difference to the merchant and Tie took this opportunity to bolt.

Twisting slightly on her heels the orphan slipped past the corner of the merchant's stall, taking the brief second of pause to realize that she might actually get away with this and when she slowly slipped past the back corner of the stall, wrapping around the canvas backing Tie knew she was took to running. The thrill of excitement of actually getting away dulled her immediate location and realized she was almost going to run into guard looking over a barrel of apples at a stall not far from Tierra, with some luck though she slipped between two more stalls, stumbling just as the guard turned his gaze in her direction.

In her attempt to scramble to safety though she stumbled and tripped, tearing up her left knee on the cobblestone plaza and had to scramble for cover, hoping her gray clothing and the somewhat shadowy space between the stalls would provide her with some mediocre of coverage. A crate with extra poles and canvas was tucked against one of the stalls and Tierra reached for the canvas and pulled at the corner, pulling it over her being as she watched with shallow breaths as the sound of what she thought was a guard coming closer. She closed her eyes and held her breath, hoping she was hidden enough.
Last edited by Tierra on September 3rd, 2017, 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes