OOC Info The Fall Syka Registery - 2017!

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Fall Syka Registery - 2017!

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2017, 5:14 pm

If you play in Syka, you must register!
Please let us know who you are
and why you are here.

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
How long are you planning to stay?
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job?
What does your character have to offer Syka?
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
What does your character want to learn this season?
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
       [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
    [b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
    [b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
    [b]How long are you planning to stay? [/b]
    [b]How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job?[/b]
    [b]What does your character have to offer Syka?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members?[/b]
    [b]Do you like social threads?  Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]What does your character want to learn this season?[/b]
    [b]Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?[/b]
    [b]Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?[/b]
    [b]Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?[/b]
    [b]In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Karin on September 1st, 2017, 9:57 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Karin, once Karin Ironyach.
Age, Sex, Race? 19 yrs, Female, Human, Svefra
Describe your character in a short abstract? Karin is a Svefra woman settling into her own skin and attempting to set up a business. I will get round to it some day.
How long are you planning to stay? Forever!
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? She is a boatbuilder.
What does your character have to offer Syka? Building boats. ;) But she can also do ship repairs, which could come in real handy if the Veronica ever got into any trouble this side of the Suvan.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, but I have little to no experience with writing about it.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Karin is not at all romantic, so that's off the table with this character.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? She's a Svefra, if that counts.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Of course, yes! I like social threads because being social is how connections are made, and they are the rain on the saplings of amazing stories.
What does your character want to learn this season? How to hunt, and how to fish! You can only get so far on nuts and berries.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? All, of course! But Karin would love to meet any of the PCs she has met previously- Mere, Anibesa, Eamon, Nya, Ashka, etc. :)
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I want to see Karin actually be more socially active. I feel that's a really important part of a settlement in it's early stages.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Because it is the perfect medium between land and sea, which suits Karin just right.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing that's not already underway! :)

Additional Comments: I'm looking forward to writing again. Sykians of last season- I'll do my utmost to get last season's threads up to date soon, promise.

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jaylani Rae on September 2nd, 2017, 4:22 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jaylani Rae

Age, Sex, Race? 22, Female, Mixed Blood

Describe your character in a short abstract? Jaylani is a free and passionate spirit who goes into most things blindly without thinking through potential dangers. She is loyal to the end, overly trusting, and tries to be as helpful as she can. Along with all this, however, deep down she expects that anyone she grows to rely on will eventually leave her, and she does not know what it means to truly love something outside of herself.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite

How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Animal Healer

What does your character have to offer Syka? Outside of that which is her job, she is willing to help anyone in anyway that she can and she is willing to be taught anything she does not know so that she might be of even better help to the settlement as a whole or even just a single individual.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, it is always fun to add some conflict into the story. Jaylani is not a very violent character as things currently stand, but that can always change.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Yes, but Jaylani is not really a character who is currently interested in or understands about how these things work.

Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members? Not at the moment.

Do you like social threads?  Why or why not? Yes, very much so. They are a great way to get to know others and grow a character.

What does your character want to learn this season? Lani is interested in learning all that she can always, but this season she would really like to learn more about medicine and how to keep her plants alive.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? All of them! :)

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I want to see her interacting with others, growing, and play with this sort of belief she has that everyone will eventually abandon her. Whether that be to prove it or to work towards disproving it.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I love the theme, the setting, and it just seemed like the perfect place for Lani to call home.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing at the moment that I know of.

Additional Comments: I am happy to thread with anyone so toss me a pm if you are interested :)

Jaylani Rae
Player

Words: 119464
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2017, 2:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ko'Lara on September 2nd, 2017, 5:48 am

Character Registry

Ko'Lara Fairtide was often nicknamed Ko among her pod.

Age, Sex, Race?

36, Female, Konti

Ko is a Konti that was raised Svefra, she recently has felt the need to do something...different.

Probably for quite sometime, definitely the next few seasons. This is my first time here so I'm looking forward to settling in and learning more before my character begins to venture about.

Well, her best skill is in healing, she would love to have a job as a healer. But she's likely going to be doing odd jobs until she finds her niche and builds some more skills. She could always dive for relics in the sunken city, as she does breathe underwater and is naturally a swimmer.

She is a competent healer, and can predict storms. She also truly enjoys learning, exploring, and meeting new people. She speaks Fratava as well, so she would feel right at home among the merchants that sail in.

I don't mind it, though it's been quite some time since I've threaded out any conflict. If it comes up, great, if it doesn't, that's cool too. Conflict for conflicts sake is only fun in a bar brawl. If it moves a story along then it's great fun no matter what's happening.

I'm not overly into the sex bit. Romance, especially flirtatious interactions, are quite fun. And love can be a powerful story tool as well as motivator for a character. I myself find flirting and overall romance to be more fun to write about than sex, simply because I am more invested in feelings than sensation. Also I have little experience writing in that genre.

Nope, no cults here. She was born into and grew up in a Svefra pod, and is also marked by Rak'Keli.

Social threads are fantastic, how else are you meant to be part of a community if you never socialize. Real life self looks into the apartment hallway to make sure there are no people before getting the mail because 'ew people'.

As much as possible. Maybe how to cook? And scavenge in the jungle? Maybe fishing?

Any of them...

Find a job, settle into a home, and begin making a life for herself on land.

It was suggested by a friendly storyteller and it really fit the character well. Even better than my original idea for said character.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?

Honestly I'm not sure. I'm up for anything, but I suppose job threads. Since I'm not exactly sure how to write them even though I've looked over some examples.

Additional Comments:

I am eager to begin, however my character is a work in progress and will remain so for at least another week or two. To anyone perusing this post, please feel free to message me if you want a thread partner no matter the length you have in mind. I am totally open to meeting new people and though I'm rusty I have roleplayed for many years, just mostly on tabletop. I promise I won't bite. ;) Unless you're into that sort of thing. *cough* Don't mind me, just being silly.

Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Words: 9993
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2017, 5:01 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Anibesa on September 2nd, 2017, 6:56 am

[size=150]Character Registry

Anibesa
Age, Sex, Race?
56, Female, Ethaefal of Leth
An Ethaefal brewer trying to find her purpose on mizahar in hopes of getting back to the Ukalas
A good few seasons minimum
She's a bartender but hopes to open her own Brewery
A desire to help and to learn. If you need assistance she will do what she can and try to learn how to do it properly for future reference
Sure. Ani isn't a violent character but I'd love to throw her into a few violent situations and see how it would effect her
No so much into the sex but can write it. I love love and romance and I'm not entirely sure why. I must just be a romantic at heart
Nope, would be cool but she isn't
I like social threads though not ones that last too long. I enjoy writing interactions with people, but I like to combine it with other types of threads where possible.
.earning how to cook will be her priority, and improving her wilderness Survival.
All of them, and I'd love to thread with the people she's already met, but at night when she's in her Eth form
I'd like to see her be able to swim, and hunt
I liked yo idea of being part of a settlement that is very much starting from the bottom. I'm excited to see where it heads and I also liked the tropical jungle aspect of it, and all the mysterious things that are undiscovered
Nothing I can think of at the moment

Additional Comments:
Let's make this season awesome, like the last one!
[/size]
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on September 2nd, 2017, 10:03 am

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ashka
Age, Sex, Race? 16, female, human (mixed)
Describe your character in a short abstract? Wary kid who's never fitted in anywhere, looking for a place to call home
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Weaver
What does your character have to offer Syka? She knows a bit about building, she can make and mend cloth, she can catch a fish and cook it, she can give lifts in her canoe.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, if it fits into a plot, I don't seek it out
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? No, not my thing
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes, preferably with a bit of plot
What does your character want to learn this season? Working with coconut fibre
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Any
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Survive the season
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I like the idea of building a place from scratch
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'll let you know if I think of something

Common, Pavi, Fratava
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Merevaika on September 2nd, 2017, 9:30 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Merevaika Stormchaser
Age, Sex, Race? 22, Female, Drykas (kinda)
Describe your character in a short abstract? A stubborn, arrogant ex-Drykas who's trying to forget that her Strider is dead, and is maybe getting somewhere with it
How long are you planning to stay? Not forever, but at least until Spring
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Animal handler - she raises chickens and sells exotic animals to Riverfall
What does your character have to offer Syka? Wilderness survival, animal husbandry and hunting skills. (More than most people in this settlement, she'd like to remind you)
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yeah, give me a few fights any day
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Nope, not really. Merevaika's really not interested
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? The Drykas, but you can't join
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? In Syka, yes, because its such a small place and meeting people is important. But they are way more fun when something's happening
What does your character want to learn this season? How to use her canoe. How to deal with everything she has to deal with.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? She's had enough with dealing with some of the useless people here in Syka :) Let's torture her some more, everyone!
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Reach competent pathfinding. Have a thread with someone where she doesn't think they're useless.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? The jungle beach paradise was cool - and also it made loads of sense in terms of story
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'm think I'm fine, so nothing :)

Additional Comments:
Send me a PM for more threads, I'd love to meet the people I haven't, and thread again with those I have!
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Iolara Lyada on September 3rd, 2017, 4:56 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Iolara Lyada, or Io to those few that are familiar with her
Age, Sex, Race? 16, female Charoda
Describe your character in a short abstract? Iolara is a compassionate and curious young Charodae. Having lived in isolation and seclusion for much of her life, Iolara tends towards a more demure temperament, and is prone to committing social faux-pas. Io is also a fervent worshiper of Caiyha. She found her way to Syka more by chance than intent, and now intends to sate her curiosity about the new settlement and its inhabitants
How long are you planning to stay? At least a couple seasons, possibly longer
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Currently, Iolara earns her keep diving for valuable mollusks and clams
What does your character have to offer Syka? Iolara is well-equipped to gather clams and abalone from the seafloor around Syka, providing valuable trade goods as well as some variety in food sources.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? As long as there's some kind of point to it, I'm not opposed. Iolara's non-violent by nature, though she's not opposed to defending herself as best as she is able.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Again, as long as there's a point and it makes sense for both characters involved, I don't have a problem with it.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Not at the moment
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I do! I think they add a lot of flavor and opportunities for character development. But again, plot and plausibility reign supreme.
What does your character want to learn this season? Iolara would like to learn more about the inhabitants of Syka, as well as the settlement itself.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? All of them! Especially if they are strong swimmers/divers!
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I'd like to see her coral hut get built up and do something neat with her Water Reimancy. Other than that, interaction and growth are the big ones for this season
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Can I just put everything here? I love the idea of starting a settlement from the ground up. I love the tropical paradise on top of crazy ancient magic ruins idea, and I think the setting really makes sense for Iolara
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'd like Io to partake in a quest from her goddess once she's got some more skills under her belt

Additional Comments: I'm happy to thread with any and all! Shoot me a PM :)
Threads: 0/5
Solos: 0/2
Iolara Lyada
Player

Words: 54707
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2017, 7:30 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sara on September 3rd, 2017, 12:07 pm

[size=150]Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Sara
Age, Sex, Race? 17, Female, Svefra
Describe your character in a short abstract? Sara is a mischievous youth who has been left in Syka to learn more about life ashore
How long are you planning to stay? A few seasons
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? Fisherman
What does your character have to offer Syka?An open minded person who always willing to listen
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I don’t mind roleplaying violence so long as there is an IC reason for it
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I don’t mind roleplaying romace either so long as ther is an IC reason
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? She a Svefra and a part of the Blackpool Pod – If you have a reason ic to join I am sure you will be welcome.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?I like them because I Enjoy learning about the other character in Syka
What does your character want to learn this season? Meditation, Long sword and whatever else I pick up along the way.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? All of them
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Have fun
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Beach and sun – what could go wrong
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Nothing that I can think of

Additional Comments: Looking forward to the new season Feel free to pm me to start a thread.
Sara
Player

Words: 16122
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2017, 3:28 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jade Laken on September 4th, 2017, 2:02 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jade Laken
Age, Sex, Race? 23, Female, Drykas
Describe your character in a short abstract? Jade is very responsible when it comes to Dina and her work. When able to have some down time the woman loves to explore the world around her.
How long are you planning to stay? permanent
How does your PC earn a living in Syka? Aka what is their job? potter
What does your character have to offer Syka? at the moment not much but I plan to fix that
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Jade is always up for a fight if need be
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? I am normally very wary of this due to the fact there are a lot of younger kids on the site
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Nope to both
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? depending on how they go it can be interesting
What does your character want to learn this season? more about the city and perhaps fishing
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Nya
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I would love to see Jade exploring the jungle around the city
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? I love the new feel of the city that challenges everyone
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? perhaps a gnosis thread one day, but that will much farther down the line

Additional Comments:
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next