How does grading work?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

How does grading work?

Postby Ko'Lara on September 4th, 2017, 12:05 am

So if I were to write a flashback, does my flashback need to be limited to the one time stamp? In other words, would I need to make a new thread every time I wanted to do a flashback? Like If I wrote multiple times about learning to fish, would I need to make a new thread after it was graded, or could I build on that existing thread?

Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Words: 9993
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2017, 5:01 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Journal

How does grading work?

Postby Asterope on September 4th, 2017, 12:18 am

Hey! So I'm far from an expert, but as far as I'm aware, you don't necessarily need to make a new thread every time the date of your flashback (or thread in general) changes as long as its within the same season; especially if it's one continuous idea/theme/plot, or the dates are super close to each other.

So, for example, if you wanted to do a little bit of Ko fishing over a few days, you could have one thread with the first post being, say, the 3rd of Summer, 515, the next being the 4th, etc. If you want to span a large amount of time, it would probably be best to just make a new thread; also keep in mind you can only earn so much exp per thread! (I believe it's max 5 exp points per skill in a single thread, with 1 exp per post)

Also, if your thread has been graded, then you can't continue to add onto it or change it, so make sure you're really and truly done with it before you submit it for grading. Hope that helps! (:

"Common" | "Nari" | "Pavi" | Thoughts
"Other People's Speech"

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

How does grading work?

Postby Ko'Lara on September 4th, 2017, 12:40 am

Oh okay, that makes sense.
Thanks a ton!

Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Character sheet
Journal

How does grading work?

Postby Gossamer on September 4th, 2017, 1:31 am

There is a huge grading guide in the Wiki. I suggest you read it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

How does grading work?

Postby Ko'Lara on September 4th, 2017, 1:40 am

Yep, found it just a bit ago when trying to find information on timestamping. I was just going through pages under Useful Links and saw it tucked away on the Experience Points page. Would never have noticed it if it hadn't been something I was already curious about. Glad I finally ran across it though.

Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Character sheet
Journal