[Verified by Prophet] Solomon Black

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Solomon Black

Postby Solomon Black on November 6th, 2017, 7:51 pm

Solomon Black

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 14th, Winter, 469
Birthplace: Syliras

Appearance: 6' 3", with a toned athletic build. Long straight black hair and black and grey stubble. A large scar covering the right side of his face, a gash starting under his right eye and ending by his collarbone. Age has started to show on his face with slight wrinkling around his green eyes. A tattoo on his left arm that says Shari in black ink.

Hold's himself high and projects power and fear. He has the look of a man you wouldn't want to stare at too long but his hard, stony feature quickly soften when around someone or something he may care about.

His voice is deep with a small amount of gravel.

Character Concept

"I just want to be left alone, but the world isn't like that. So I do what I must, to give myself and mine some space." - Me

Solomon is an old fighter with a little fight left in him, though he'll knock you out for trying to say it. He makes his way by picking up what work he can and drinking what he finds to help numb the pain of his life.

The man is a thug with a heart of gold when sober, and a thug with a tendency for causing unnecessary pain when drunk which is often enough he has a few enemies. He does have a weak spot in his heart for kids and animals, though he just as easily has a temper that's set off by a nose in the air authority figures.

He tries to stay out of the way of the big players in Ravok.

His recent contact with his sister is making him want to find his child also, maybe he can give her a better life now, with his sister in Syliras.

Character History

"Hey... Hey wake up! No sleeping on me yet. So you want to know how I become me huh? Well, that's a stupid story but if you insist I can pull out a drink and make this 'Storytime for the deadman!' Hey, stop crying. This is how it all started..."

Solomon was born to a simple family that worked as farmers on the Syliran Fields and that simple family did not last very long. By the time we were 14 his family had passed to disease, save for his baby sister. They were orphaned, but not alone. They were brought into an orphanage by the Syliran Knights. He quickly left his sister there and went off on his own.

He decided to leave Syliras. He lied about his age and managed to find his way as part of a group that was headed to Ravok. They soon learned who he really was and wanted to leave him behind but they had already left. At one point in their travels, Solomon was left behind and nearly died finding his way back to the party. He proved himself to have some worth, and they looked after him after that.

By the time he arrived he was mentally much older but still young. Soon after arriving in Ravok he applied for citizenship and waited. While waiting he got to talking with some men by the docks who was in his travel party and weaseled his way into some work by being in the right place at the right time. They needed the bodies. So he got a job as some muscle for a trading company and kept his nose clean. His sister back in Syliras, last he knew, was being eyed by a rather wealthy Syliran family.

His job as the muscle was just keeping an eye on some people who worked the docks and it was uneventful and mostly he ended up helping. Eventually, he gained citizenship but lost his work. He ended up on the streets with only his papers to his name.

He was homeless for 3 years until a man named The Viper who offered better protection for a lot of the men working the docks. They would collect money, but mostly they would act like thugs. He did not like hurting people, but he had no other choice. Life had dealt him a bad hand, and he could only save so many.

Solomon seemed to have a knack for finding the ones that weren't home. He was pretty and likable, and he used those skills to ask around and get the information he needed and then sometimes he'd have runners when he showed up at their door. It was a simple matter to find people on the run, most left a mess. A knocked over cup by a window says enough to give him a place to start. It was as he got kicked out of The Vipers little gang that this debt collector work where he met his soon to be wife, Shari.

On his way out of working for The Viper, he befriended an old fighter and mercenary who he then ended up working with. The man also honed his tracking skills further, teaching him patience and more. Solomon saw him as a late father figure and a grandfather figure for his recently born child. They worked with whatever paid, and one day the job was too much. His mentor was killed one day while Solomon was away.

He took the death of his mentor extremely personally, tracking down the outfit that killed his mentor. He snuck inside at night and drove a fork through their leader's throat. While escaping he stole the man's sword, which he then dubbed as his Mercy. A joke he still finds extremely funny after many, many years in a sad way. This event is what caused him to spiral away from his violent nature in a less than successful way as he continued to do Mercenary work.

Afterwards, he calmed down some and officially married Shari, though after a time they became estranged. His wife took their children away during one of his times in prison and he never could bring himself to really track them down. He just kept living his life alone.

Growing older and getting lonely he took care of his neighborhood, best he could, and stayed out of the way of the families unless given a good enough reason for a good enough job. He knew how to survive, and he would.

Recently he got a letter from his long-lost sister in Syliras and has managed to stay in contact. She's a merchants wife and wants him to come home and live with them. Knowing that he may have people in his life to care about again, he got a job as a bouncer at a bar to try and get in less trouble.

He just has to get back...

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: N/A
Poor Language: N/A

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Weapon: Bastard Sword 14 SP + 15 RB 29 Competent
Tracking 26 SP 26 Competent
Investigation 5 SP 5 Novice
Brawling 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Helpful Lores:
Lore of Ravok Layout
Lore of Ravok Culture

Housing

House: The 12'6" x 32' studio registers 400 sq.ft. with bare furnishing.

Thread List

19th of Fall, 489 A.V. - Just Another Bad Day (Complete)
25th of Summer, 494 A.V. - No Mercy For Us (Complete)
54th of Fall, 517 A.V. - Old, Tired and Thirsty
Last edited by Solomon Black on December 3rd, 2017, 7:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Solomon Black
Player

Words: 33373
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2017, 5:30 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Solomon Black

Postby Solomon Black on November 28th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Sully's Stuff & Ledger

Clothes
Plain Shirt
Plain Pants
Plain Underwear
Brown Leather Jacket
Black Leather Boots
Plain Scarf

Ready-2-Go BackPack
Comb (Wood)
50ft Hemp Rope
Brush (Wood)
Soap
Razor
Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
Eating knife
Flint & Steel
Personal Sharpening Stone
Waterskin

Around the House
Items:
Vial of Black Ink
Body Building Equipment (Poor Quality, Mostly weights on chains and ropes.)
Quill
Cup
Bucket - 2 Gallon
Furniture:
Average wooden bedframe and a mattress stuffed with shredded cattails
Average wooden wardrobe
Small wooden table and two plain wooden chairs
Small metal brazier for cooking
2 Average wooden shelf sets
Average wash basin
Privy with a plain wooden bench and a chamber pot

Prized Possessions
Mercy (Heirloom) - A Bastard sword with a slightly longer blade than usual (38 inches) that is worn down, faded and chipped in a few places, with a 7-inch grip matched and a 9-inch guard with a faded purple wrapping. The Pommel has a faded and worn ruby built in, long ago losing it's worth. The sword is well balanced and weighted, a perfect match for Solomon.

The sword had a simple black sheath with a leather belt wrap.

Ledger

Starting+100 GM100 GM
Jacket, Boots, Bucket, Cup, Rope, Pen, Ink, Scarf4 gm, 1 gm, 11cm95 GM, 9 SM, 89 CM
Personal Sharpening Stone, Leather Armor20 gm75 GM, 9 SM, 89 CM
Body Building Equipment 25 gm 50 GM, 9 SM, 89 CM
Solomon Black
Player

Words: 33373
Joined roleplay: November 6th, 2017, 5:30 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes