Closed A New Addition to Wing Naime (Thuma)

Naime and Turrin meet the newest member to the wing, Thuma

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

A New Addition to Wing Naime (Thuma)

Postby Turrin on June 22nd, 2015, 4:32 am

Time Stamp: 16th of Summer, 515AV
Who: Turrin, Thuma
NPC: Naime

Securing the last strap on the underbelly of Aponivi, Turrin pulled at it to make sure the strap wasn't to loose. When the strap moved slightly, Turrin undid the knot and pulled it tighter to get rid of the excess slack. Once the saddle was secure, the endal put his left foot in the stirrup and swung his leg over the back of the dire eagle. Aponivi looked back at him and mentally commented, Is the strap on the saddle secure because I don't feel looking for another endal anytime soon...

Turrin patted the bird's neck and responded without saying a word, Yes, I doubt you will have to find a new endal anytime soon. However, I think you need to eat more because you seem to be loosing weight.

The wind eagle let out a loud screech in protest, If you weren't stuck on guard duty or moving rocks, I might be able to get out more and hunt!

Turrin shook his head and laughed, You can still hunt without me, Ponpon!

Aponivi wiped around his head and respond, Nobody calls me Ponpon accept Dru! It not the same with you sometimes...

Turrin laughed out loud and comment, Drusilla and her nicknames..alright Aponivi. We should head out if we are going to meet Naime at the Greco Hut.

When Aponivi moved to the cave entrance of his aeries, Turrin could feel a strong cold wind coming down from the volcano's summit. The wind was slowing starting to leech the warmth from the inside of wind eagle's lair. The half breed pulled his katinu tightly around his shoulders and pulled the leather hood over his hair. Turrin leaned forward, tightened his legs on the side of the wind eagle, and held onto the front of his saddle. When Aponivi jumped off the side of the cliff, Turrin could immediately feel the wind pushing down on his back. He figured the massive bird of prey could feel it too, so he wasn't doing his normal free-fall. However, Aponivi did keep his wings slightly out, so when he dropped from the cliff, the bird would just glide away from the side of the mountain along while picking up speed. When the pair got farther from the side of the mountain the downward wind sheers had less strength and became less trecherous, so eventually the wind eagle opened up his large wingspan and started to turn towards the Sankias Pass.

The flight down to the pass was uneventful, but he was able to see the mass of Inarta working on trying to free the rocks from the gate to the city. He was amazed at how his mother's people could motivate themselves when their survival was at stake. During these chaotic times, the War Hawks seemed to be called on more frequently to protect and bring order to the city while the rest of the endal were freed up to hunt or trade with the other cities in Kalea. Since wagons from Thunder Bay couldn't get into the mountain city, supplies have been scares, but the Inarta all seemed to put aside their differences towards a common goal. When he got away from the work crew, the half breed decided to fly about fifty feet from the ground. This allowed Aponivi to fly in-between the walls of the wide valley. With each turn, Turrin had leave forward and lean into each turn, so he wouldn't get thrown off the bird. It was fun, but Turrin knew that he needed to practice too. When he got to the base of the pass, Turrin saw Greco Hut sitting off to the side of the road. He could see Valcora already there, and he was sure Naime was around. Aponivi circled the hut till he was able to see a opening and landed with a loud screech.

When Turrin landed Aponivi walked over to the side of Valcora and laid in the shade of a large oak tree. The weather down at the base of the mountain was much more summer like than than up by the city. The half-breed noticed Naime sitting by the tree, so he got off the Aponivi and walked over to her and said in Nari with a smile, “You happy, Naime?”

Naime took a drink of water and said with a smile, “It is nice to finally rebuild the wing since the riots. I don't think it will be long till we have a full flight again.”

Turrin nodded to her and said with a sad smile, “I miss my old friends, but life still go on. Who new endal?”

Naime ran a hand through her sweaty wavy red hair and said, “The endal is name Thuma Shathisae. She is still young, but she has potential. I heard she has a talent with a talon sword, so I am going to have you test her skills. We will need every able body to deal with those poachers in the fall. I have another endal in mind too, and she is good with a bow like you, so this Thuma should round out the group better.”

Turrin nodded slowly and said in broken nari, “I will test this Thuma. I start stretching while wait for her to arrive.”
Last edited by Turrin on March 31st, 2018, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Thuma on June 22nd, 2015, 8:59 pm

Thuma | Shathisae | Yania

Thuma and Shathisae set out early that morning, just a bell before dawn, to get in some flying so they could both stretch their limbs. It was a quiet ride, both content to just take in their surroundings. Were Yania with them it would be a ride of never ending questions and inquiries and yapping on and on about unimportant subjects. Though Thuma did love her sister, it was nice to have a ride on her Wind Eagle without the Avora.

We should get back soon so we won't be late for your meeting with Naime. Shathisae's voice resonated through Thuma's head. The Endal watched for a few chimes as Syna slowly rose over the mountain range, casting away the shadows that had settled there. She sighed, knowing the bird was right.

Okay, let's head back. But take your time, don't rush.Thuma told the bird. A flash of the Katshika Falls went through the bird's head and Thuma smiled at the image. Shathisae knew that was Thuma's favorite "shortcut" even though it took a longer time to get back to the aeries if they went that way.

When they reached the Katshika falls, Shathisae flew as close to the cliff face as she could. Thuma sat up straighter as the narrow waterfall came in to view. When she was very young her and her sisters would come to the top of the falls and kick pebbles down into the water far below. Those were times with less struggle, less responsibility. Great sentimental value was held within these Falls and Thuma knew she wasn't the only one who felt this way.

She could hear the silent roar of the water as it cascaded over the edge and into the abyss. Shathisae's wing tips brushed against the rock to her right and as they passed the falls, Thuma stretched out her arms and felt the cool mist coming from the water dampen her clothing. The waterfall had definitely widened out a little bit, as it does in the summer time. It was a calming presence.

Shathisae shook her head to get the water out of her feathers then banked sharply to the right and up to head back to the Eagle Aeries.

When they passed by the Sanikas Gate that had been covered in a massive landslide, Thuma was taken aback by the amount of workers removing rock and debris from the pile. Still others were running around with buckets and rope. It was a different experience being down there helping them in the disaster crews. Thuma wasn't treated as an Endal but as an extra hand to help with the clearing effort. She liked it actually, not being looked upon as though she needed to be feared or respected. It was much different going from being the chef's daughter to being an Endal.

The pair flew up past the gate then over the city until the aeries came into view. From a distance it was just a rock face with a bunch of holes in it. Too many times Thuma had flown into the wrong aerie, but she knew which one was hers now.

Shathisae slowed at the entrance of her aerie then landed heavily, digging her claws into the rock to keep her balance. Thuma let herself down from the bird.

I'm going to grab my things then we'll go. The Endal reassured the Wind Eagle before running into the common room of their aerie.

It was a pretty bland area with not much personal effect. Even in the grand bedroom that was hers, she didn't have very many possessions to proudly display. Once in her room she grabbed her green scarf, wrapping it so it covered the scar on her shoulder, then her Talon sword and attached it to her belt.

When she stepped out of her room, she found Yania lounging lazily on one of the couches in the common room. She was fully dressed in her bryda, vinati, and even had her longbow and quiver out next to her. Thuma never liked wearing bryda, and much preferred regular pants and boots. The Avora hunter's hair was damp and hung over one shoulder.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry?" Yania narrowed her eyes at her twin sister, taking in the talon sword at the Endal's hip and her rushed demeanor.

"I've been invited to join a flight, I'm going to be late," She kept walking through then stopped before entering the flying chamber, "You know the people in the city are working very hard to get the gates open again. You could be doing anything other than sitting on your arse all day."

Yania quickly stood from the couch and picked up her longbow and quiver, strapping them to her back before stepping as close to Thuma as she dared.

"I would be much more useful as a hunter like I'm meant to be. Plus, I don't want to be around those dirty commoners." Yania spat. The smaller Inarta had one of the most fiery tempers Thuma had ever seen, and the two differed greatly because of it. Unlike Thuma, Yania had let her status living in the Eagle Aeries and working as a hunter get to her head. She thought she could anything she wanted and more.

"Yani, you used to be one of those commoners. Also, you can't come with me today." The last part was a lie, but Thuma didn't know if she could handle her sister's constant nagging today. Yania called her on her bluff.

"Sure I can, if you're going to be part of this flight, that means I will too." The girl's persistent stubbornness was showing right to it's core, and Thuma had to grind her teeth together so she wouldn't say something she regretted.

"Fine. But don't be a pest." And with that she walked into the flying chamber, fully expecting the Avora to follow. When Shathisae saw that Yania was tagging along, she seemed slightly annoyed also.

Does Naime know that Yania will be joining as well? Shathisae asked Thuma as the two sisters climbed onto her back.

She isn't joining, she is just going to come along and if she gets killed, well that's that. Thuma answered then Shathisae with a screech took off from their aerie. They flew straight forward for a few seconds then the bird dropped into a dive bomb, heading very fast toward the bottom of the mountain. Yania held on to Thuma for dear life whilst Thuma held on to Shathisae. It was a game the Eagle liked to play sometimes to blow off steam if she was angry at either of them.

Once they were within fifty feet of the ground the bird leveled out and spread out her wings so they could just glide for a little while.

"I almost thought we were going to play another game of Free Falling." Yania exclaimed from her spot behind Thuma. The Endal's cheeks heated up and she yelled back at the girl.

"That happened one time and it was an accident! Plus it's mostly your fault!" Thuma could hear her twin chuckling behind her. The memory wasn't a good one for Thuma. Shathisae had done something similar once before, except Yania wasn't prepared and she fell off the back of Shathisae. It took a series of quick maneuvering and luck for Shathisae to catch the smaller girl in her talons before she hit the ground. For a brief few moments Thuma was sure she had just killed her own sister. So no, that was not a memory she liked to look back on.

When they were closer to the foot of the mountain, Thuma could make out the hut she was told to meet at just next to the Sanikas Pass. Shathisae lowered herself to the ground and tried to avoid the trees around as she looked for a place to land herself by the hut. The Endal saw two other Wind Eagles sitting next to each other under a tree, watching her, and one person standing outside the hut, also looking up at them.

Shathisae landed heavily when she found a clearing, she was never known for being light-footed, and Thuma jumped down off the eagle with Yania close behind. Shathisae eyed the other two birds sitting by the tree warily while Thuma walked up to the woman she recognized as Naime.

"Hello, I apologize if I'm a little later than anticipated." Thuma greeted the Inarta woman, "Also this is my sister Yania. She rides with me as my hunter. She just wanted to come along to see if she could be of any use." The Endal introduced Yania to the woman. The older Inarta nodded and smiled, saying hello to the both. She informed Thuma that an Endal by the name Turrin was waiting inside to test her sword skills. Without wasting any more time Thuma said thank you then went to step inside the hut with Yania following closely behind.

Inside the hut Thuma was surprised by her surroundings. The floor was sectioned into four different quadrants, and they all seemed to be made of a different material. She was currently standing in what appeared to be grass. There was a beam a few feet off the ground to the left of the entrance and the back wall had wide boards that acted as ledges staggered across it. Thuma stood at the entry way and took all of this in, noting the expansive range of weaponry hanging on the walls as well.

Thuma
Thuma
Calm skies do not make a skillful eagle

Words: 65635
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2014, 6:37 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on July 4th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Turrin stood in the uneven grassy part of the Greco Hut while he waited for his sparring partner Thuma to arrive. Turrin stood in place for a moment to clear his mind. When he was ready to stretch, Turrin bent over without bending his knees tried to touch his toes. The half-breed could feel the muscles in his lower back start burn as he tried to reach his toes. Unfortunately for Turrin the effort was in vein because he could only reach down to the middle of his shin. The endal started to count quietly to himself as he tried to hold back the dull burning in his lower back. When he was done with his first stretch, he sat on the ground and spread his legs wide. Bending over his right leg, the myrian reached out to touch the toes of his boots. The endal started to the feel his muscles start to burn hamstring and his lower back. He held the position for a half a chime than he switched to the other leg and repeated the same stretch. Standing up, the half-breed brought his right arm across his chest, reached over with his left and grabbed his elbow, and pushed his elbow to his chest. He could feel the muscles in the back of his arms and shoulder stared to burn. Held it for thirty ticks than he switched to the other left arm and repeated the stretch.

Holding the stretch for thirty seconds, Turrin looked up and saw pretty young red haired woman walk into the Greco Hut. Turrin noticed the woman wasn't wearing the standard bryda. It was a curious, but she was endal, so she really didn't have to abide to social norms if she didn't want too. Finishing the stretch, the warrior walked over and picked up his other wooden talon sword. Walking closer, the half-breed tossed her the wooden blade and said with a nod in broken Nari, “Welcome to Wing, Thuma. Name Turrin Aponivi. I spar you to test skill for Naime. I not hold back.”

Doing a few practice swings with his sword, the endal got into his fight stance. The myrian got into his defensive stance with his tip of the wooden talon sword pointing at the ground. His front foot was pointed towards her, but his back foot was pointed away from her, so the only part of his body facing her was right side of his leg, side of his torso, and shoulder. He wanted to give the woman as little targets as possible, so his made sure his chest was pointing away from her. Putting his hand back on left hip, he protected his off hand from a potential strike. Rising to the balls of his feet, Turrin waited for her to strike. Turrin wanted to test if she understood common, so he said playfully with a smile, “Thuma, I hope you fighting style is as graceful as you are beautiful...”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Thuma on July 11th, 2015, 4:22 am

Thuma | Shathisae | Yania

Thuma hadn't noticed the other person in the room until he walked up to her with a strong stride and threw what seemed to be a wooden blade at her. Barely prepared, the Endal only just caught it with a slight fumble. Yania chuckled behind her and Thuma gave her a pointed glare.

"Welcome to Wing, Thuma." A friendly voice came from the man that had tossed her the wooden weapon. Looking at him it was very obvious he was not fully Inarta, and everything within her screamed Outsider. But she held her chin high and tried to give the man as much respect as she thought he deserved.

"Name Turrin Aponivi. I spar you to test skill for Naime. I not hold back." His words were very slow, clipped Nari, obviously it was not his first language. Thuma wondered how he had come to bond with a Wind Eagle and live in Wind Reach when he could barely speak the language. But it wasn't her place to ask questions. The dark-skinned man had a tattoo of a tiger over his chest and down his arm. It was quite an expansive and elaborate design that Thuma couldn't help but admire.

As he was speaking Thuma twirled the blade a couple of times, trying to balance the weight. It was slightly lighter than her own sword, which she unhooked from her belt and set on the ground next to her, but it was familiar enough.

"Hello Turrin," She responded in Nari when he situated himself into the typical fighting stance for swords. She took his initiative and put herself in her own fighting stance, actions she was used to performing over the years of training herself to fight with the sword, "I would not expect you to hold back, as I do not plan to either." She smirked. She stood with her left foot forward, her right foot back and her talon sword in her right hand relaxed behind her. Her left hand was held up around chest level. The wooden talon sword was gripped loosely in her hand, and after a beat Thuma realized he was waiting for her to make the first strike. He was testing her after all.

He began to speak again and it wasn't until the fourth or fifth word that Thuma realized it was common.

"I hope your fighting style is as graceful as you are beautiful." He commented. If Thuma were a little more naive she may have blushed at the statement. She could tell he was teasing by the smile upon his features. Yania scoffed from behind her but Thuma did not react to her.

"That is deep water, Turrin. I hope you can swim." Thuma responded slowly in Common and with a step forward with her right foot she made her first strike, swinging out wide with her right arm, pulling her left shoulder and arm back as she did so, aiming to try to hit him in the thigh of the leg that he was stepped forward with. In this stance she would still be sideways to him, but now their chests would be facing each other. This movement would move Thuma in range of Turrin to be in danger of grappling or leaving an enormous opening. She hoped that by attacking his leg he would move to block down with his sword in which case she would attempt to grapple his sword hand with her off-hand and go for a side sweep at the chest. It was a move she had used a few times against others that she practiced with. It would fail if he decided to dodge instead or if he had his own plan that she wouldn't be prepared to defend against.

Thuma
Thuma
Calm skies do not make a skillful eagle

Words: 65635
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2014, 6:37 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Wymez on November 30th, 2017, 3:39 am

ImageTurrin

Skills
● Riding: Wind Eagle - 1XP
● Observation - 2XP
● Socialisation - 1XP

● Meditation - 1XP
● Body Building - 1XP
● Tactics - 1XP

Lores
● Inarta: Disciplined in times of crisis
● Location: The Greco Hut
● Thuma (Shathisae): New Endal and member of the War Hawks
● Thuma: Also wields a talon sword
● Body Building: Warming the body up with stretches before sparring

Misc
Hey Turrin, please make sure to update your ledger once you return. Cheers!

ImageThuma

Skills
● Riding: Wind Eagle - 1XP
● Observation - 2XP
● Socialisation - 2XP

● Weapon: Talon Sword - 1XP
● Tactics - 1XP

Lores
● Location: Katshika Falls
● Katshika Falls: A much loved place and favourite shortcut
● Thuma: Still adjusting to being an Endal
● Yania: Fiery and stubborn
● Location: The Greco Hut
● Turrin (Aponivi): Not an Inarta
● Turrin: Sparring Partner

Misc
Hey Thuma, please make sure to update your ledger once/if you return. Cheers!

ImageComments

Thanks for the read! Do let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade and don't forget to delete/edit your request in the grading queue.
Wymez
salt & earth

Words: 41837
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2017, 6:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Donor (1)