In regards to Racial Bonuses

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Rowan Brightmoor on December 7th, 2017, 1:22 pm

So I'm aware that the racial bonus points have to be put into one skill but I'm a bit confused on the rules of allocation. Do I have to put the RB points into a skill my character has points in already, or could I put them into a new skill? For example, if my character has three skills with points in them, would I have to put the RB points into one of the three or could I put them into a fourth skill that has no points?
Rowan Brightmoor
Player

Words: 9874
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2017, 4:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on December 7th, 2017, 1:53 pm

They must go into the specific skill the race gets a racial bonus in unless you're human. Then they can go into any one skill. You cannot divide them up. Some races give you a choice between two...and you pick which one fits your pc better.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rowan Brightmoor on December 7th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Sorry, I guess I didn't explain well enough. I'm making a human so I know that I can put the points into any one skill of my choosing but I was trying to find out whether it had to be a skill I already had points in. Let's say my character had these three skills:

Persuasion 15

Riding 10

Brawling 5

Would I have to put the RB points into one of my character's existing skills, like one the above examples? Or would I be able to put the RB points into a new skill my character didn't have yet? Also thanks for your response. I kinda figured I couldn't split up the RB points but your clarification was helpful.
Rowan Brightmoor
Player

Character sheet

Postby Pulren Marsh on December 7th, 2017, 3:30 pm

You can put it in any skill. So one of those or any other. Pulren started with 15 from starting package and 15 from racial bonus in swimming to start with 30. So say your persuasion could be 30 by separating 15 sp and 15 rb. Or you could put 15 in something completely different.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Rowan Brightmoor on December 7th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Thanks for the response. I just wasn't sure if I could have a skill that only had the RB points but you've cleared that up for me.
Rowan Brightmoor
Player

Character sheet