Solo Wilderness Survival: Buying the Essentials (Aladon)

Aladon heads to the Mercantile to buy supplies for his camp.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Wilderness Survival: Buying the Essentials (Aladon)

Postby Aladon on December 20th, 2017, 9:53 am

Time Stamp: 3rd of Winter, 517AV
Who: Aladon

The one thing Aladon enjoyed about Syka was just about everything was in the settlement can be accessed from the beach. This pleased the Isur greatly because the ocean was a source of a constant , breeze that kept the town bearable to live in. For his short time in the city, he had to get used to the constant swarms of mosquitoes and biting flies that pestered him nightly as he was trying to sleep. He hoped if he started to clear out some of the underbrush on his parcel of land. It might reduce the amount of bloodsuckers feasting on me while he slept. He needed to start asking around if anyone has gotten sick because of mosquitoes. Even with the breeze from the ocean, Skya was still hot and humid, so as he walked in the sand, he kept his shirt tied around his waist. Any passerby-er would notice the heavily muscular blood red right arm. It wasn't tattoo red. It was natural as the red blood in most mortal races veins. However, the natural feature that stands out the most of the Isur is the natural silver blue veins glinting in the bright sun. The Isur still kept on his hat to shield his eyes from Syna's rays, but overall, he was comfortable.

When Aladon got to the mercantile, the blacksmith stepped on the wood step and walked up the stairs to the job. The Isur was surprised that there was no doors and locks because in Riverfall and most major cities everything was locked. However, he figured Syka was built on a strong bond of trust, and any would be thief would be found out quickly by the authorities. When he got to the main area of the store, he was wasn't surprised that it looked like a adventure's wet dream. Their was jungle apparel, equipment needed for survival like ropes, kits, and bug repellant, there was simple weapons like machetes, short swords, and long edged weapons. Short and Long bows and arrows for hunting. Also, they have simple tools to tend and maintain the land that they bought from the founders. The blacksmith new nothing about gardening, but he might want to inquiry about it in the future if he wanted a balance diet.

The best thing about the Mercantile was the pretty young woman behind the counter. Aladon didn't know why he was a sucker for females outside his own race, but he tried hitting on Isur girls in Sultros, and he could never really get them to talk to him. For the longest time, he wondered if he just wasn't attractive enough for them. He came to realize after being shot down many many times that sometimes trying to strike up conversation with a Isur woman was like trying to strike up conversation with a rock. First, they would you a cold stare at you and say nothing, and if they are remotely uninterested, they would just tell you bluntly to petch off I'm busy. Even if they were just standing there drinking. Cold, hard, and painful was his father's saying for the women of his own race. Meaning if you can survive all three attributes of a Isur woman, and she actually gives you the time to care about her than you succeeded in finding the perfect Isur mate.
Last edited by Aladon on December 26th, 2017, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Gossamer for the posting template!
Aladon
Eccentric Perfectionist

Words: 116392
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2017, 3:46 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aladon on December 20th, 2017, 9:53 am

As Aladon approached the counter, he was about to say hello, but she beat him to it.

“Hello Stranger what can I help you with?”

Aladon looked at the equipment on the wall and said with a smile, “I kind of have a list. I just arrived three days ago...”

She smirks, “How are you surviving the bugs..?”

Aladon swore in Isur and said shaking his head, “...at night I swear, I am a buffet in my tent. It hard to sleep when you constantly being bit or most annoying thing is the buzzing in your ears..

“I have just thing for you.” The pretty human girl turns around and grabs a tightly rolled up net, “This is a insect netting, it covers 25 square feet, so I want you cover your sleeping area with it. Depending on the size of the tent. You might be able to cover the entrance too. It should help you sleep.”

The Isur said kind embarrassed, “Also, I am having issues cooking my food over the fire.”

The clerk smiled and asked, “Your from the city aren't you?”

Aladon pale skin was blushing slightly with embarrassment, “Yes, I never really ventured outside the city limits this is kind of a adventure for me.”

The nodded, grabbed a kit from under the counter, and said with a smile, “Well every adventure needs to eat this is campfire cooking kit, you read the directions, and you should be eating like your in the city in no time. Sort of...”

The Isur doesn't want to head to the center of city to get water especially after working in a hot forge all day. The blacksmith has been here three days, and he noticed that it rains almost everyday in the rainforest, and he was curious if there was something to catch it. Water was the most import thing to survive in a hot environment. Since his job involves the heat, he needs even more water than the average person. Looking at the clerk, the Isur asked, “I noticed that it rains a lot in Syka. Do you have anything to catch the rain as it falls? My parcel is away from the settlement because of the noise and smell of the forge. Since their no road in Syka, getting drinking water is difficult from the wells in the center of town. Do you have anything that could help like a barrel with a cover?”

She bit her lip and thought about it and said, “You might want to look somewhere else for barrels, but I might have something that would be nice for days that it doesn't rain.”

She turned to one of the shelves behind her and placed it on the counter and said, “This is a water trap, it will collect the dew at night, so you have fresh water in the morning, but rule of thumb stranger, you should always boil your water first before drinking especially in the jungle sources of water like rivers or lakes. A lot of things live here in the jungle and not everything is friendly or you can see.”

Aladon took her words to heart about boiling the water and the rain trap, so he asked with a smile, “Everything will kill me? Got it.”

The clerk giggled and said with a nod, “It a good rule to live by here. It will keep you on your toes. Do you know how to fish?”

Aladon shook his head and said, “No.”

The clerk frowned and said simply, “Learn quickly. I would stay away from the gathering food in the jungle, but the ocean is abundant with food.”

The Isur nodded and said, “I'll buy the fishing pole too.”

“Good choice.”
Last edited by Aladon on December 26th, 2017, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aladon
Eccentric Perfectionist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aladon on December 26th, 2017, 7:56 am

Aladon pulled out a list for the forge, and he handed it to her and said, “I will need these tools and equipment for the forge. I will use my loan to pay for them.”

The clerk took the list and said with nod of her head, “I will give the list to my father, and he will get the items in Riverfall. We don't have them here at the moment, Sorry. You should get these items when he arrives back from his first trip to Riverfall this season.” The woman asked as she pulled out a writing tool.

Aladon said with a nod, “My name is Aladon Blackforge Sultros. I am new blacksmith in town.”

The clerk smiled and said, “I will give the list to my father.”

The list of Tools for Forge
1.Anvil (70lbs) 45gm
2.Bellows (Forge) 5sm
3.Botter (4lbs) 6sm
4.Coal Shovel 5sm
5. Iron Drill 8gm
6. Hand Vice 3sm
7. Sledge hammer 1gm
8. Whetstone 2cm
9. Great Bellows (Blast furnace) 25gm
10. Fire Tool 2gm
11. Metal Saw 4gm
12. Pincher 8sm
13. Stone Hammer 10gm
14. Whetstone Wheel 20gm
15. Heading Tool 4sm
16. Metal Vice 1gm
17. Screw Plates 5gm
18. Tongs 6sm
19. Steel, four-gallon cask 7sm
20. 2 2-Gallon buckets 1gm

The woman said with a smile, “Is there anything else that you need?

Aladon felt like he was buying the store, but he was starting from the beginning here in Syka, and he said with a nod, “I would like to buy a Woodcarver Tool kit, splitting ax and half hatchet.”

Looking at the weapon, Aladon looked at the clerk, and he asked, “What is a practical blade for traversing the jungle and personal defense?”

The female human walked to the case, pulled out two different knifes, held up the machete, and said with a smile, “The knife is good for hacking and slashing vines, and it equally effective for personal defense.” Setting the machete in the case, she said with nod, “It a good blade, but the weapon is very sharp and very dangerous.”

She picked up another knife with the curve, and he noticed the sharp edge was on the inside of the blade while the blunt edge was on the outer edge. The female clerk, “I like the kukri way better than the machete because the sharp edge is in the inside, so you have more control over the cutting edge, and it good for cutting vines and coconuts.”

Aladon said with a smile, “I need to try one of the those coconuts. One of these days. Alright, I will buy the kukri and scabbard for it too.”

The woman smiled and grabbed the scabbard and sheathed his new weapon. She walked over to the till and said, “So the total for the personal items will be 176 gold miza and 9 silver miza.”

Aladon took out his heavy heavy coin purse, and he started to count out the money for the personal survival gear. The clerk smiled at as she counted out the money too. When they were finished exchanging money for the first transaction. The clerk looked at the list and said, “The total will be 125 gold mizas, 4 silver miza, and 2copper mizas. I will give this list to my father, Captain James Chaliva, and he will have to buy them in Riverfall. He will leave on the 22nd, and he will return on the 42nd of Winter.”

Aladon nodded at the twenty day time frame and said, “That is fine with me, it will probably take that long to set up the forge and foundry. I can wait.” The Isur started to count out the money for payment than he waited for her to get together all the personal gear. When she got his gear together, he thanked the young woman, took his new equipment, and made his way back to his tent.
Person Survival Gear :
Toolkit, Woodcarver (50gm), Toolkit, Survial (50gm), Toolkit, Campfire, Cook (40 gm), Insect Nettling (25 square ft Net) (25gm), Fishing Pole (1gm), Splitting Ax (5sm), Half-Hatchet (4sm), Kukri (8gm), Scabbard, Dagger (2gm). Subtracted= 176gm, 9sm.

Equipment for Forge :
The list of Tools for Forge
1.Anvil (70lbs) 45gm
2.Bellows (Forge) 5sm
3.Botter (4lbs) 6sm
4.Coal Shovel 5sm
5. Iron Drill 8gm
6. Hand Vice 3sm
7. Sledge hammer 1gm
8. Whetstone 2cm
9. Great Bellows (Blast furnace) 25gm
10. Fire Tool 2gm
11. Metal Saw 4gm
12. Pincher 8sm
13. Stone Hammer 10gm
14. Whetstone Wheel 20gm
15. Heading Tool 4sm
16. Metal Vice 1gm
17. Screw Plates 5gm
18. Tongs 6sm
19. Steel, four-gallon cask 7sm
20. 2 2-Gallon buckets 1gm
Subtracted= 125gm, 4sm, 2cm
Aladon
Eccentric Perfectionist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 21st, 2018, 7:41 am

Aladon:

Experience: Planning +1, Observation +3, Socialization +3, Interrogation +1

Lores: Syka: How To Order Stuff From RF, Syka: The Mercantile, Juli: Flirts and Upsales

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)