OOC Info The Founder's Announcements

Please read these threads for informative posts about the game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

Moderator: Prophet

The Founder's Announcements

Postby Gossamer on December 24th, 2017, 4:34 pm

"Let's Talk About Sex Baby...
Lets Talk About You and Me..."

Just to clarify...since there was a conversation in chat about it quite recently... the activities of sexual relations, kissing, flirting, groping, and yes even doing that thing that results in hairy palms all falls under one skill:

SEDUCTION

... even if it was just with a chicken. Yea he's back so I have to mention it without mentioning names....

Please adjust accordingly. If you received kissing, seduction, lovemaking, etc all in the same thread, its overlapping points. Just take seduction and throw the rest out. If you got kissing in separate threads from say seduction or flirting.... add all the points together under Seduction. Thanks!
Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideRiverfallSyka
Special ProjectsSykafall Coordination

Mon Weds Fri: Mod Posts Tues Thurs Sat: PC Posts Sun: Quest Posts
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 5210633
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 24th, 2017, 5:21 pm

More Skill Confusion!

Skinning, Tanning, etc all falls under Leatherworking. Any butchering and carving up of meat or fish such as cutting out fillets of salmon falls under cooking!

React appropriately!
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 31st, 2017, 5:04 pm

Listing Skills On Your CS!

After much confusion and PCs randomly dividing their skills into odd categories that make no sense, I've actually had enough of it. The other day I saw socialization in a tab under Mental instead of Social. Trying to search around your CS skill list to find something makes it harder than hell for graders. From now on out we are requiring 'Common Sense' and neatness. We are changing things and making it a requirement.

From here on out, please take a moment and just LIST YOUR SKILLS in alphabetical order. If you want to break them up, that's fine, but do it according to Level. All tabs should only list NOVICE, COMPETENT, EXPERT, and MASTER. If you don't have them in one big list in alphabetical order, which is still perfectly okay, and you tab them or otherwise divide them... Please note this is now required.

Again, if you have them tabbed, take off all the Mental, Social, Physical, Arcane Etc stuff (because you guys place them in random categories anyhow) and put them all under NOVICE, COMPETENT, EXPERT and MASTER. Then list them in alphabetical order under those tabs. If this is not done, your threads are not going to be eligible to grade!

I've listed this fact in the Grading Guide, the Starting Guide, and on the Skill List.

Please and Thank You!

Gossamer
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 8th, 2018, 6:36 am

Multiple Characters On Mizahar

Several of you are in direct violation of our Multiple Character Policy. That policy states you can only have 5 active PCs at once. I just saw someone that has seven and counting. I will give everyone until tomorrow night around this time to turn in their alts to retire that put them over the 5 limit before I start cracking down.

If you know the policy well and just don't care, you'll get booted off Mizahar for good. If you are a suspected newbie that just didn't read the rules I will restrict you to one single PC for an entire year and enforce you keeping just that one.

Please retire your PCs via the HD. If you do not, they still read as active to us and we will count them as active. You have 24 hrs to get your shit straight. I'm tired of dealing with this. Just follow the rules. The rules are easy and reasonable.

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 11th, 2018, 1:26 am

I'm Super Disappointed...

I have retired a TON of characters in the last few days. Most of you asked me to retire alts that had simply put a tiny amount of posts on them. The rules state you can only retire alts that have 50 posts or more... meaning you've given them a true go and really tried to play them and make them work before you've created a new alt. Nope... that's not what happened. Most of you claimed a bunch of singular or dozen digit alts and asked them to be retired... or hid behind newbie status when you've been here a long time and have been chronically making new characters.

So I retired them all. Every one I could find. I'm done with this abuse of the rules. The rules are simple. You can have up to 5 accounts. Anything over you must retire something. Before you retire something, it must have 50 posts meaning you've really tried to make it work. How can this be too hard to do? How can you NOT follow this? Forgetting about an alt isn't an option. Leaving and coming back and having no idea who your alts are isn't an option either. We can always look it up.

Now I didn't get everyone, but from here on out if I find alt abuse, I'll do what I did this time and just retire EVERY one of your PCs. That means you have to start new... or talk to me about getting ONE unretired to play for a year without creating alts.

A ton of alts leads to a huge amount of problems. You slow post. You get behind on your alts. You take up ST time getting set up in a whole bunch of places you won't pay attention to anyhow. I want to avoid this. I want people active on their pcs and attentive. I want ST time taken up by people that will actually play the alts and be active.

Stop this vicious cycle.

Goss
Gossamer

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.