Completed Why is it so cold?

Alexandras first steps into Alvadas

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Why is it so cold?

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on January 27th, 2018, 6:32 pm

5 Winter 517

“Snow, snow, snow...” Alexandra mutters to herself as she paces back and forth across her simple room in only her undergarments. She tries to find something to keep her mind busy but every thought about her past just fills her with more rage then the cold and wet snow filling any place around her little home. Stopping at the furthest place in her room from the hearth and the fire that burns in it. “Oh how I hate the cold.” She begins to shiver but remains here, her feeble attempt to master the element. Her fist clench tight in front of her as she closes her eyes trying her best to remain calm, cool and collected then leans forward allowing her forehead to rest of the stone wall. A violent shiver takes hold rushing down her spine, making her entire body sake. She pushes back hard from the wall and runs full speed back to the hearth.

Her hands fling out in front of her, palms open as she catches the edges of the hearth itself and stops just as quickly as she started. A moment passes and she draws a few short breaths before dropping her head to gaze at the lights dancing on he floor. “I hate the cold...” She mutters to herself as she slinks down to her knees, her hands outstretched to the fire.

Allowing herself only this single moment of weakness she stood back up and marched right over to the door. Grasping the handle she flung it open to reveal a wall of white before her. Taking in a deep breath with her fists clenched she yelled. “I hate you snow! I hate you cold! Why did I come all of this way? For this? For this cold prison of snow?” She turns her back to the snow and takes two steps away before turning around again. “No... If I have to eat my cloths and burn my belongings to outlast you I will! You will not get the better of me! I will defeat you!” As those last words left her lips the snow began to crumble down filling in her room. About half of the doorway was now cleared, the city had shifted at some point leaving her less snowed in than it had before. Jaw dropping to the floor she stood in place frozen for a moment, she could leave. A cold gust of wind forced its way into her room and wrapped its cold embrace around her nearly bare skin body. This got her body moving once more as she realized people were outside, it was cold and she was not dressed nearly enough. She slammed the door shut, locking it and then moved quickly over to the fires burning in her hearth.

Lips pursed she sat in front of the fire taking in all the heat she could. Some time would pass before she would move from this spot. A small smile slowly worked its way onto her face as the thoughts of being able to leave and explore the city had crept in. She reached up and taking a section of hair she slowly started to work it into a braid.

Last edited by Alexandra Gainsborough on February 12th, 2018, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Why is it so cold?

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on January 28th, 2018, 8:40 pm

Alexandra took her time weaving a bit of silk ribbon and threading glass beads into her hair finishing it off with a 2" glass feather she made over a year ago. Sitting in front of the fire made it easy to forget about the cold but just knowing she could leave was enough to lift her spirits. She moved over to the chair and picked up her cloths that had been haphazardly tossed about. She tossed her Vinati, Katinu and boots onto the bed before stepping into her Bryda. With this she reached her arms up over her head and twisted her spine feeling every vertebrae in her spine crack, man it was good to move again. She quickly put on the rest of her thing, her Vinati and and boots pulling right on followed by her Katinu. She looked around the room one more time almost as if she was taking it all in for the first time, or maybe the last. With that same smirk on her face she pulled her Katinu tight around herself and flung the door open.

She stood in place for a moment while the cold air flooded into her room and caressed any bit of skin that remained uncovered. The cold air stung her cheeks and her lips but nothing could removed the expression now glued to her face. She slipped her hand into her pocket and fingered the key sitting there for a moment before shutting and locking the door.

Stepping into her toes she spun around and took in a deep breath. "Here we go." She said under her breath before taking her first few steps into the city. Snow would slow her path but she traveled aimlessly around the city knowing full well it would guide her to any destination it saw fit.

The first place of note that she ventured past seemed to be a garden. The hedges that made up the boarder were enormous and seemed to go back forever, at least from the doorway. Although it would be great to see such a place today would not be the day to get lost in a bunch of very tall hedges covered in snow. She pressed forward down a row of shops the first to catch her attention was a small sign marked with 'More than Metal'. Metal was always another interest of hers as it was used to make many of the tools she used in her craft as well. In her mind at least the two, metal and glass were like kin each with many uses, requiring heat and an extreme level of skill to master.

Unable to help herself she steps over and pulls the door open, it would be nice to feel the fires warmth of this shop after all. As soon as she steps inside however she is greeted with something unexpected. She gasps. How could such a plain exterior hide such an impressive interior. Se wonders around the shop for a bit all the while hearing a pinging of someone working away off in the distance. Alexandra comes to a desk and is greeted by a women how introduces herself as Macy Ikalin, she gives Alexandra a a rundown of things all the while the Inartan women tries her best to make pleasantries before thanking her and heading on her way.

Moving further down the street she would spy a place called 'The Sunken Conundrum'. Having such an odd name she would have to try this door as well. Pulling this one open and seeing a wall of water before her was frighting at first causing every hair on her body to stand up and her spine to erect. A moment later she closed the door and stepped away. "Maybe another day." She says to herself.

Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Why is it so cold?

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on January 31st, 2018, 12:55 am

The fear of the unknown would keep Alexandra from stepping into such a place even though she knew the illusions in this city were always more then they appeared to be. A place such as this could not remain if it was not more than it appeared to be.

She decided to take a random path this way each step taking with that familiar crunching of snow under foot. Two lefts then a right, two rights then a left lead her into a small courtyard. It appeared to have little significance to the city, a few homes would line it's boarders with a small iron fence splitting off a small sitting area in the center. She would walk over, her arm lifted and reached for the iron fence as she neared. Her fingertips would graze the cold iron brusing off the freshly fallen snow. This illusion of calm in such a chaotic place was welcomed.

Without a thought she would take the seat on the snow covered iron bench ignoring the cold. Just taking this peaceful moment in she sat quietly and watched as each pure while snowflake started to fall from the sky. Shattering the silence came a screech from a hawk overhead. Looking to the heavens Alexandra caught only a momentary glimps of the wondrous creature as it quickly darted out of sight only to leave two feathers slowly drifting down into the area she sat void of buildings. Watching the feathers dance towards the ground between snowflakes she sat with wonder only getting up moments after they came to rest on top of the pure white powder.

Bending down she gently scooped them into her open hands and looked at them. Turning them over one by one in her palm she examines them. "Thank you" she mutters softly before looking to the sky again, this was truly a gift from a friend she may never see again. Braving the cold she tugged at her coat pulling it open enough to tuck the brown gems into the hidden breast pocket of her coat before heading heading home.

Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Why is it so cold?

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on February 12th, 2018, 4:41 pm

The way home would be quick and easy. Slipping her cold fingers into her coat she searched for the key gently laying in her pocket. With a soft tug the key would lead her home in a matter of minutes. Nothing seemed to change all of the snow was piled up exactly where she left it. Without much notice she unlocked her door and went inside.

The first thing she did once inside was find a safe place to leave the feathers. The empty cup sitting out on her table would do just find for the night, she could do more with them later. A bit of bread, some dried fruit and a bit of cheese would prove to be a good meal before she made her way to bed. She could toss her Katinu, Vinati and Bryda on the chair next to her. Her boots on the floor right next to them and slip into her bed pulling her blankets over her head, sleep was quick to find her.

Having dreams of the past would rouse her from her slumber. Normally nights would be filled with the warmth of fire and working in front of the flames. The thought of working for the man she had before scared her, it would take a moment before she would realize where she was. Sitting up and taking a few deep breaths she began to calm.

Several thoughts would slip into her mind but the ones that always seemed to surface all related to being here. Sitting up in bed she said. "I don't have to be who I once was. I can be anything or anyone else. I have skills that are useful at least to some." She would nod to herself as if she was trying to reinforce the idea. "Everyday I have changed, and well I am more than I was yesterday or the day before. No one knows me here. No one expects anything from me yet. No one wants anything from me. I am free to be me." Closing her eyes she took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She felt light as a feather. "This must be how a rider feels."

Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Why is it so cold?

Postby Madeira Dusk on March 8th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Alexandra Gainsborough

Skills
  • Endurance: 1xp
  • Running: 1xp
  • Cosmetology: 1xp
  • Observation: 3xp
  • Land Navigation: 1xp
  • Meditation: 1xp

Lores
  • Endurance: outlasting the cold
  • People: Macy Ikalin

Awards & Retribution
+2 Hawk feathers

Notes
Nicely done! I tried to get as much XP as I could out of it. Let me know if you think I missed something. :thumbsup:
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)