Closed A Night of Lights (Jade)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Night of Lights (Jade)

Postby Garland on February 14th, 2018, 6:10 am

Winter 13th 517AV

It was the night Garland came to Syka and already he had found an old friend and a place to stay for the night. Maybe he shouldn't have bought that tent... Still he couldn't live off of Jade's kindness while he was in Syka.

He has had his doubts about his "mission" here, he was sure he was sent to an unknown land with no money but his own, with no backup whatsoever to either die or to stay out of someone's hair, but he was here now and had found an ally in this strange place.

He wasn't sure how much Jade can help him with his tasks but sometimes a familiar friendly face is all that is needed to keep him going.

The kids had already fallen asleep inside Jade's hut, the twins had snuggled up to Trayon and used the big scary shadow dog as a pillow, Illia and Ilu shared a bed with Dina, they were playing all day and were tuckered out.

Garland sat outside under the stars, the fire they made earlier was still burning, he fed the flames some more firewood as he stared up at the night sky. The sky was beautiful, the stars were numberless, twinkling in the endless abyss, it was breathtaking.

You know, if Garland had the capacity to fully appreciate space and the stars, to him it just looks pretty.

He looked at the person next to him, the breeze from the sea made him take a deep breath and he smiled. "Kinda cold tonight, huh Jade?" He said and moved closer to the fire.

The sea wind brought in the salty smell and hit Garland's nose. "I missed the sea breeze, it smells so much fresher here than in Syliras." Garland remembered Syliras, the docks there wasn't the best smelling place, in the contrary it might have been the worst smelling place in Syliras, dozens of people, the smell of barrels upon barrels of fish, not to mention the strange smell of exotic imports, it was a bit much for one person to handle.

Garland looked at Jade and took her hand. "How are you holding up by the way?" He asked, she seemed fine earlier, but he knew the hardships of being a single parent and not to mention Ferrin going off somewhere.

"I've told you my problems and Ilia's too, but I haven't actually done much listening to your problems. Must be tough being all alone here... Well... Not really alone, you got Dina but I think that'll make things harder." He looked deeply into the fire, lost in thought. "How is Dina holding up?"
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

A Night of Lights (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on February 23rd, 2018, 5:51 am

Jade walked around the fire cleaning up bowls and cups from where the children had eaten while popping her neck. She had not been able to relax in a very long time. But something about having so many around her reminded her of home. After several chimes, the blond finally got a moment to sit down which she did with a rather large sigh. She then turned her attention to Garland. He had asked about how Dina and her had been handling everything.

“Yeah it is,” Jade agreed with the man while still cleaning up.

The girl was glad that the kids had just about put themselves to bed. Trayon had Phobos and Aneka curled up on him, and Jade had situated Ilu between Ilia and Dina. That would help with keeping the baby girl from falling off of the bed. Yawning Jade stretched out and leaned back while listening to him for several chimes. The girl had not really dealt with her feelings about everything that had happened. Dina had not expressed many feelings either, but Jade figured the child was doing what she saw the female drykas doing.

“That is a rather hard question I suppose. I don't know if you knew or not, but Ferrin had asked me to marry him,” Jade stated letting him take that in first, “I was shocked at first as I'm sure every woman is, when that happens. I wanted to say yes, but something inside me just said it wasn't time. So I told him to wait and ask me again in the future. He just seemed like I broke his heart, and I guess I did to some extent. Ferrin pulled away from not only me but Dina as well. It was like he did not want anything to do with either one of us any longer.”

Jade paused and closed her eyes breathing deeply forcing the tears down. She had loved Ferrin with everything in her, but looking at where their paths had went the girl was glad she had said no. The blond looked over at the man feeling like she had dumped far too much on him at one. Clearing her voice, the female apologized and looked away with a blush. The young Drykas had not meant to put all her feelings out in the open. Her father would have tore into her for being so weak.

She had still not really touched on how Dina had felt about everything. Between leaving Syliras then leaving Riverfall and getting a job once in Syka; Jade had not really been able to talk to her about how the child was feeling. The little one put on a brave face which made the young mother think, she was fine. But that was lie she told herself so she didn't feel like a failure.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Night of Lights (Jade)

Postby Garland on February 24th, 2018, 12:40 am

Garland offered to help clean up the mess the kids made when they had dinner. The twins were especially messy, seeing as they weren't really raised with table manners in mind, still it was early, hopefully they'll learn some etiquette.

Garland was about to take some of the plates and bowls from Jade, but it didn't seem like she needed help, but still he asked. "Need any help?"

Garland had reconnected with the twins back on the ship, but he was sure that even though they loved him, that they loved their grandfather more, and they haven't quite understood that Windweaver wasn't coming back any time soon.

In truth, Garland felt guilty about it, maybe it would have been better for the twins to have stayed with their grandfather, he already would have his hands full with Dina, and he was sure Edward wasn't one to sell out family if anyone were to come looking for him or his kids.

That weighted on his mind but something Jade said took precedence at the moment. "Ferrin proposed to you? I-I'm sorry to hear that..." He didn't quite know what to say, he'd never met anyone he'd spend his entire life with. "That does not sound like the Ferrin I knew... But we never really know someone fully, hai... We don't even know ourselves fully either."

Garland looked at Jade as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes, he'd have seen someone try to hold in tears before. He walked closer to Jade and smiled at her. "Hey, if you need to let out your emotions, that's fine, I won't judge, people need to be strong out in public, sometimes that means not showing emotion, but it's just the two of us here, and we're friends." He said and put his arm around Jade in a hug.

"Dina is a lot like you, strong and doesn't show what she's feeling most of the time, but both of you need to learn to open up to each other or to your friends." He said with a smile.

"You know, I think I would have broken down a while ago if I was you, you're much stronger than me." He said and saw Jade's blushing face. "You're face is all red? Are you okay? Are you coming down with a fever?" He said and placed his hand on her forehead, looking deeply into her eyes.

He pulled back his hand, a bit confused. "You're a bit hot, but not fever hot. Maybe you should head to bed, I'll finish cleaning up here." He said.

"Wait... How many beds do you have? I mean I can sleep on the floor no problem, but I think the kids have taken your bed. right now." Garland did have a tent and sleeping bags, so sleeping on the ground of the hut wouldn't be too uncomfortable, but he wasn't sure Jade would want that.

Knowing Jade, she'd probably be fine with that, but Gar liked to be a bit chivalrous sometimes.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

A Night of Lights (Jade)

Postby Jade Laken on February 26th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Jade looked over at her friend with a soft yet sad smile. She wanted to truly believe that he cared, but a part of her was still very defensive. Her father had pushed her away for being a disappointment to the pavilion; then Ferrin pulled away when she had become uncomfortable at the proposal. What truly hurt the worst was seeing Dina going through the same thing Jade had.

“Yes, it seems like even friends and lovers hold secrets. I wish they were all honest,” Jade whispered.

The girl took another deep shaky breath before clearing her voice. Even around close friend like Garland, Jade did not like to cry in front of people. It would only prove that she had no control. She was shocked when the man pulled her close to his chest. The young drykas had not been close to a man since Syliras closed its gates. She shook her head some when he suggested the woman show her emotions.

“No, showing emotions is a sign of weakness. I was always taught to never show fear or sadness to others. They will use it against you,” Jade stated trying to fight the blush that had crept up on her face.

The redness in her face did not stop when the man got close. Jade wanted to back up and give them both some space, but the worry in his eyes shocked her. She did not think any one cared for her. Gulping the girl opened her mouth to calm her nervousness. But he moved back seeming to break the the trance, she had found herself in. Instead her brain switched instantly to what he was asking about. With a soft smile, the girl cleared her voice.

“Calm down, Garland. I am not sick okay? You do realize it is hot out here and we are sitting beside a fire. Even you are turning pink silly thing,” Jade said with a giggle, “now to your next question. The bungalow only had one bed in it. If you would like take the couch. My people are used to sleeping on the ground.”

Dina stepped out and began to call for Jade's attention rather loudly. Blue eyes instantly snapped over to the girl. Using a low voice to speak at first so that Phobos and Aneka would not awaken, the mother told the child to lower her voice. After being told the first time, the young girl did as her mother said while begging and whinning to stay outside with the two adults. Instead of being in bed with their guests. After almost ten chimes of arguing, Jade's patience had finally given out.

“Dina Marie Al'Mandrikan! I told you to go back to bed!” Jade growled with a slight yell to her voice. When the child started to “cry”; Jade stood up and found a switch.

“Get back to bed and stop that noise; or I will give you a reason to make it!” Jade growled. The child gasped and instantly ran back to bed no longer crying.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Night of Lights (Jade)

Postby Garland on February 26th, 2018, 11:41 pm

"Emotion is a natural thing and it is true people will use it against you, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't show it. That's like..." He paused, trying to think of a metaphor, something both of them understand. "Like trying to ride a horse without using your arms, it is possible but very difficult."

Garland smiled. "Right, the fire, that explains it." He said, he didn't notice he was blushing as well and rubbed his face a bit, trying to get the blush out of his cheeks, he wondered why he was blushing, it wasn't that hot, maybe it was because of the fire, he had been poking it a lot.

Garland looked up to see that Dina had awoken and started calling for Jade, it seemed the little girl wanted to join the adults, he had no problems with it, but Jade probably wanted the little girl to go to bed.

He finished up cleaning the rest of the mess the little kiddies have made, picking up some stray toys, washing the plates, and placing them neatly to the side. Garland winced a bit when he heard Jade raise her voice

He looked over to Jade and Dina, her voice was not quite screaming loud, but it was quite peace breaking, she was very authoritative and firm in her scolding, like she's done this before, she probably has.

Garland felt something in his pants tighten and the blush on his face grew. "Stupid loose trousers..." He said, hiding his arousal would be quite difficult right about now. Maybe he could just sit down and lean forward to hide it...

And then Jade scolded Dina more, and he couldn't help but look. "Right..." He said and rubbed his face, hopefully a massage to the face could help direct blood flow from certain parts of him to other parts of his body.

When Jade was coming down, he quickly turned around, hoping she didn't see him pitching up his tent. "H-Hey... Has Dina gone to bed?" He asked, still not turning around, just facing the fire.

"It seemed like she wanted to sleep with you, probably misses snuggling up to you, huh?" He said, trying to hide his arousal by facing away from Jade, even when she tried to face him.

He was very suspicious right now, and didn't know why his body decided to wake that certain part of him right here and right now. Garland couldn't keep this up though, and eventually Jade would get him to face him, and when that did happen, the only thing left to do was to try and cover it with his hands.

"H-Hey, so... Dishes and toys are done." He said trying to avoid drawing attention to where his hands were placed right now. "A-And I have no qualms sleeping on the floor, you can sleep on the couch if you want."

A thought did occur in Gar's head, and for once in his life, his mind filtered the words before it reached his mouth. Or we can just both sleep on the floor together....

The blush on his face brightened up a bit, but he didn't notice, instead he just blamed the fire. "It's getting kinda hot here huh? You'd expect the nighttime would be cooler though."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets