Closed A Day at the Zoo (Alex)

It's chaos in Alvadas as hordes of animals are loose in the city's maze.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

A Day at the Zoo (Alex)

Postby Asterope on May 24th, 2018, 8:35 pm

13th/Spring/518 AV

The city was chaos. Of course, Alvadas often was; but when Aster stepped into the streets on the morning of the thirteenth, she wasn't expecting to be swarmed by herds of various different animals. Yet that's exactly what happened.

It was as if someone had opened the doors of every house, shop, and barn with an animal in it and simply let them all loose. Aster had been wondering how Navi had gotten out during the night, since the mutt had been absent when she woke up, but it seemed the city and its trickery had something to do with that given her current situation.

Aster couldn't help but giggle as a miniature pony trotted past her, seemingly offended by the goat that was nudging its hindquarters and bleating impatiently. Stepping carefully between the crowd of animals, she began to walk. Animals stopped here and there to nibble at the walls of the maze that Alvadas had become; it seemed the city was done with glass, and was sticking with bushes for the time being.

That was a bit annoying; at least with glass walls, she could see ahead to where she was going. But there was nothing to be done about it. Aster started off into the maze, stopping to pet various dogs, cats, and even a cow along her way. She was delighted by the mass of animals.

A horse trotted past her, and Aster smiled. It had been a long time since she'd been up close with a horse, and she sort of missed the animals. Turning a corner, she found herself in a small open area. A group of lambs, their wool all dyed different bright colours, were prancing around the area, grazing and playing.

"Aw, well hello," Aster smiled, as one with pale pink wool trotted up to her, bleating loudly and butting its head against her leg. Aster crouched, petting the lamb, and soon found the others coming to investigate her as well. She laughed softly as they sniffed and snuffled at her, chewing on the hem of her dress and her hair.

"Come on now," Aster smiled, swatting one gently away from chewing on the ends of her blonde strands. It was a wonder what animals could do for her mood. She couldn't remember the last time she'd been so genuinely delighted and open with her smiles.

Suddenly, the back of her neck prickled. Aster paused, standing quickly and spinning around. "Hello? Who's there?" She asked, taking a small, hesitant step back. Nobody answered, but a moment later Aster could hear footsteps, and a small redheaded woman came into view.

"Hello," Aster relaxed upon seeing the woman, and realized she recognized her. She'd been the other woman present alongside Avela at the class she'd given early in the season on disease prevention.

"Alex, right? It's good to see you again." Aster offered a small wave, glancing down when one of the lambs latched onto the hem of her dress and tugged. She glanced back to Alex, expression amused.

"Seems like someone let out a few barnfuls of animals. It's always something." Aster gave a small shake of her head, gently detaching the lamb from her dress. "How has the maze been for you? You haven't gotten too lost, hopefully? Nothing too terrible?" Aster didn't want to pry, but her questions were genuinely concerned; she remembered Alex mentioning she wasn't native to Alvadas, and the city's illusions could be a lot to wrap one's head around.

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

A Day at the Zoo (Alex)

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on May 25th, 2018, 4:54 am

In the city of Alvadas every day was something new and unexpected. Today was no different bringing a multitude of different animals. It was odd and unexpected but the city was good at doing that.

Wondering the streets were more animals then humans. She walked carefully as not to draw to much attention to herself, many of these animals she had never seen before. Most seemed harmless but one could never been to careful. Birds were more of her thing, even if she had not actively studied them anyone of her kind knew a thing or two about birds.

The next turn took her down a path littered with cats. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up as she slowly stepped past them. A feeling of uneasiness washed over her but she kept moving forward. The cats however did as they normally would and took little note of her even with her red hair.

Just passing the last cat on her path she heard someone speak. Looking up she noticed Aster and briskly moved over to her. “Hello Aster. It is good to see you.” It had been a little while since they lesson Aster gave but she was always a welcome sight. Taking notice of her little lamb chewing on her dress Alex said. “It looks like you have made a friend or maybe you are going to be a meal.”

“Yes this place really keeps you on your toes. Who knows what tomorrow may bring. I expect tomorrow we will find the sun blacked out and the streets turned into rivers.” The thought made her smile for a moment before she realized how welcomed the water would be in the city. Luckly Aster spoke again and snapped her back to reality. She shook her head. “No I have not made many plans today. I thought I would go for a walk and let the city take me where it wished. I find my day is better if I just allow the city to do what it wants. Fighting it never turns out well. How about yourself? Other than being eaten alive how are you doing? Have you taught any more classes?”

Alex wondered what Aster may have been up to these past few days. With the city constantly changing Alex was always sure to keep her scheduled as clear as possible.

Alexandra Gainsborough
Player

Words: 77257
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

A Day at the Zoo (Alex)

Postby Asterope on May 28th, 2018, 10:59 pm

A soft chuckled left Aster; the lamb continued to stubbornly nibble at her dress despite her swatting, so finally the Eth crouched down and scooped the animal into her arms. The lamb was heavier than she would have thought, but aside from a startled bleat, didn't protest. It's dyed wool was soft against her arms.

"It seems so, though I would prefer not to have to buy new clothes because someone thought they were tasty." She glanced down at the lamb sitting in her arms, and it flicked its ears as it peered up at her.

"That would hardly be the strangest thing to happen, I think. It seems you're adjusting well, though. That's good." She nodded, pleased at Alex's accurate assessment of the city. "You have a much easier time if you just go with the whim of Ionu, it seems. Though sometimes I wonder if perhaps even they have true control over the city."

At Alex's question, Aster gave a small shake of her head. "No, I haven't taught anymore myself. There were a few other ones, but they didn't draw enough of a crowd to have too many. I've mostly been spending my days in the city or at the Mercy just working." It hadn't been overly busy that season, but she wasn't going to complain about that. The less work she had to do, the better; it meant less people were sick or injured.

The lamb in her arms squirmed a bit, so Aster bent and allowed the animal to go free. It bleated at her once more before bounding off to headbutt one of its playmates. "Walk with me, then?" Aster offered; there was no use in lingering, and Alex had said she was going for a walk anyway.

She waited for confirmation before beginning to weave her way between the playing lambs, towards the other side of the clearing, where the path through the maze continued. "I never did ask; did you come here from Wind Reach?" Aster glanced to the Inarta, curiosity and a hint of trepidation filling her.

She wanted to know more about the culture of her past life; yet at the same time, a deep part of her wanted nothing to do with her mortal form. Somewhere in the distance in the shrub maze, something rumbled, but Aster paid it no mind.

Asterope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)

A Day at the Zoo (Alex)

Postby Asterope on March 12th, 2019, 12:40 pm

The Sun Has Risen

And so have your grades!

Alexandra Gainsborough

Notes
If you return, PM me for your grades!

Asterope

Skills
✧Socialization +2
✧Animal husbandry +1

Lores
✧Aster: Fond of animals
✧Alvadas: Easier to traverse when you don't fight the illusions

Thank you for your patience! As always, please edit or delete your request in the grading queue; and if you have any questions or concerns about your grades, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me!

Asterope

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Power Fork (1)