How was Mizahar founded?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Klyphaestus on December 25th, 2010, 9:33 am

I mean, how was this amazing forum founded? How did people get together in the first place? And how did they figured out the beginning structure of this world and all?

I want to know!!! :lol:
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Words: 20504
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Malia on December 25th, 2010, 11:08 am

Your question reminded me of a conversation from about a year ago when someone else asked the same question in chat. I'll post it here for the enjoyment of everyone who's interested. Of course, it's kind of slim in terms of a "creation myth". ;)

(19:53:50) Hex: the ones with red names, are you the ones who started this world?
(19:54:10) Liminal: That'd be us, more or less ^^
(19:54:33) Hex: awesome, how did it all happen
(19:54:39) Midnight: O Mai god GODS!!! *runs off*
(19:55:01) Malia: oh, that would be interesting to know *g*
(19:55:13) Hex: *is thrown into the air by the blast of Midnight's exit*
(19:55:43) Malia: behind the scenes of 'the creation' *dun dun duuuun*
(19:55:52) Liminal: Um...there was another project we were working on, and there were long conversations in the middle of the night, and I think at some point we sang a tiny song
(19:55:52) Tarot: we just decided it'd be a cool thing :P
(19:57:33) Malia: another project? and then you just came up with this?
(19:57:55) Hex: there are other projects?
(19:58:21) Liminal: It depends on how much of a project you consider "complaining during long Sunday afternoons" to be.
(19:58:43) Tarot: well, Sunday evenings for me!
(19:58:56) Liminal: hehehe...true enough
(19:59:37) Tarot: but at first, there was just a map
(19:59:47) Malia: oh, well XD I guess I know what you mean
(20:00:14) Malia: the map was first? and then? *is way curious*
(20:00:17) Liminal: Before that, I think there was just a name...didn't Goss have it lying around?
(20:00:51) Tarot: yeah, Miza'Har... I insisted she merged them
(20:01:28) Tarot: I think she got some material from an old face-to-face campaign she played long ago
(20:01:48) Malia: cool
(20:01:49) Liminal: And then, after the map, we came up with the points in our Creative Manifesto
(20:02:35) Tarot: then we wrote up the main features of the six regions in Miza
(20:03:06) Tarot: I remember working on magic at this point
(20:03:12) Liminal: Mhm
(20:03:22) Liminal: And each of us took some sections to work on
(20:04:09) Hex: way cool
(20:04:17) Liminal: Cayenne had Falyndar, and Tarot had Sahova...Colombina did Eyktol, Gillar did Ravok and the Isur, I did Akvatar and eastern Sylira, and Goss did...um...a lot of stuff
(20:04:46) Tarot: well, creating a world is a HUGE task... way bigger than I thought
(20:04:52) Tarot: we are still nowhere done
(20:05:03) Liminal: *nods* I had no idea what I was getting into...
(20:09:48) Liminal: And speaking of things I had no idea what I was getting into, I should probably try to finish assembling the foosball table >.>
(20:11:03) Hex: but with new members it will be even more dynammically builty
(20:11:08) Hex: -y
(20:11:15) Malia: working on a world together must be very cool, I'd like to do that too one day
(20:11:28) Hex: well you are already a part of it malia
(20:11:40) Hex: whatever you contribute with your character alone is an addition
(20:12:16) ChatBot: Liminal has been logged out (Timeout).
(20:12:31) Tarot: very true :)
(20:12:34) Malia: true ... but being there and helping to build it from scratch *_*
(20:12:53) Malia: Miza's your baby, and will always be
(20:13:54) Tarot: well, there is still a lot of things to be fleshed out... people can still have a big impact
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby John Vicari on December 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm

John Vicari
Player

Words: 107575
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2010, 8:19 pm
Blog: View Blog (10)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Klyphaestus on December 26th, 2010, 10:03 am

Wow...that's nice.
But how did they find each other? Cool thing!
Klyphaestus
Commoner

Words: 20504
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Gossamer on December 26th, 2010, 2:42 pm

We were all born with the same identical birthmark. Then, we joined a 'birthmark support forum' and got into contact there. Once we discovered the similarity, nae, identicalness of our birthmarks, we just knew it meant we were destined to do something nifty. Our first choice was open a flower shop together. We like flowers. But then we found out Tarot was allergic to anything too beautiful. We settled on a chocolate shop, but then Colombina was watching her figure and lustrous complexion. I pushed for an army surplus store with guns, but then Gillar was a conscientious objector or something like that. Cayenne wanted a pet rescue, but there were issues with zoning. So finally Liminal suggested the ultimate rubber duck headquarters. We were all majorly enthusiastic about this, but only after a week the store folded and the guy we leased the space from laughed us out of the complex because we didn't have any sales at all... or even a single customer.

So at that point we decided on an RPG site... I mean, you can see that happening right? Rubber ducks to RPG... totally...

But in all seriousness... we met on another rpg site, became friends, and left because the management was completely insane and we knew we could do things better for a whole lot better price 'ie free' since our old site refused to do anything but keep charging for basically anything from unique avatars, to unique signatures, to the ability to play in places others who did not pay could not. We like rich, poor, and all those in between so we just started Mizahar. It seems to be going okay so far. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Tarot on December 26th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Now, about the rubber duck business, I think we were way ahead of the times there. Give it a few years and some rebranding... and once the huge corporations enter the market it will be the next big thing. Mark my words!
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Xylia Nasrin on December 29th, 2010, 1:46 am

Gossamer wrote:We were all born with the same identical birthmark. Then, we joined a 'birthmark support forum' and got into contact there. Once we discovered the similarity, nae, identicalness of our birthmarks, we just knew it meant we were destined to do something nifty. Our first choice was open a flower shop together. We like flowers. But then we found out Tarot was allergic to anything too beautiful. We settled on a chocolate shop, but then Colombina was watching her figure and lustrous complexion. I pushed for an army surplus store with guns, but then Gillar was a conscientious objector or something like that. Cayenne wanted a pet rescue, but there were issues with zoning. So finally Liminal suggested the ultimate rubber duck headquarters. We were all majorly enthusiastic about this, but only after a week the store folded and the guy we leased the space from laughed us out of the complex because we didn't have any sales at all... or even a single customer.

I think this is the best story I've heard in my entire life. Ever. :D

*worships with cookies*
Character Profile | 1 (Wolf Years) | 17 (Human Years) | Kelvic Wolf
Xylia Nasrin
Player

Words: 6536
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 3:12 am
Race: Kelvic

How was Mizahar founded?

Postby Nyahna Sasin on December 29th, 2010, 4:44 am

I second that.

For some reason, rubber duck headquarters makes me think of a little rubber duck army.

Mr Duckadent: Quack quack quack quack

General Ducker: QUACK QUACK QUACK!

Hero McDucky: Quaack.

*Heroloveinterestduck swoons*
Nyahna Sasin
The snakepuppy assassin

Words: 164919
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2009, 8:24 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets