Summer 518: Character Registry

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Prophet on June 1st, 2018, 8:13 pm

RAVOKIAN REGISTRY
Summer 518

Housing :
Ravok has a different approach to Housing. Please review the article in the Codex to make sure you're in accordance with the city's practices.

Character Name:
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat, Dialogue, Describing thoughts and feelings, etc etc etc. Please don't tell me you want to be a more consistent writer because I can't help you with that.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop relationships, Increase a particular skill, Learn a new skill, etc etc etc.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Be specific.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Answer here.

You may ask one question of your ST. You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.

Code: Select all
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Type of Residence:[/u] Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
[u]Profession:[/u] What does your PC do for money?
[u]Briefly Describe Your Character:[/u] Give us a line or two about you.
[u]Need Moderator’s Assistance:[/u] Yes or No.  If yes, please explain.

[u]What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often?[/u] You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

[u]What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer?[/u] Combat, Dialogue, Describing thoughts and feelings, etc etc etc.  Please don't tell me you want to be a more consistent writer because I can't help you with that.

[u]What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC?[/u] Develop relationships, Increase a particular skill, Learn a new skill, etc etc etc.

[u]What do you look for in a thread partner?[/u] Be specific.

[u]Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing?[/u] Answer here.

[u]You may ask one question of your ST.[/u] You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Maore on June 2nd, 2018, 7:55 am

Character Name: Ciraaci
Type of Residence: Slave.
Profession: Nothing. :( Formerly a Fortune Teller.
Briefly Describe Your Character: A marked follower of Dira and former acolyte of Syna from her Goldenlands, Ciraaci's a bit unmoored of her devotion to Syna and steeped in personal darkness.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, possibly. A new character in a new city, and all that.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'd like to see some stuff with the Returned, the faction controlled by the ruthless Uldr, because I like stuff having to do with the undead. Totally personal interest.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Improving upon my dialogue would be great, honestly. Sometimes I feel like I write clunky and formal, and I'd like to learn to loosen up a bit.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I'd like to do more to further Ciraaci's relationship with Dira, and build some kind of IC rapport with others to better her personal position.

What do you look for in a thread partner? I like people who are engaging and fun, with an interest in threads that can become deep and introspective.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes.

You may ask one question of your ST. It's salt.
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Asterope on June 2nd, 2018, 12:48 pm

Character Name: Asterope
Type of Residence: Visitor, soon to be slave
Profession: Previously an herbalist
Briefly Describe Your Character: Aster is an Ethaefal of Syna with a knack for herbalism who is going to be undergoing some serious mental turmoil.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, probably just to get settled into slavery.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'd like to write about magic; which is broad, but none of my PCs yet have any magic. I think it would be fun to pick up and write about a bit; reimancy in particular has always seemed cool to me, though I don't see Aster picking that up.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I'd like to learn to write intense emotions more genuinely; Eth, after all, are emotional beings. But a lot of the time writing extreme emotions for me feels weird and I feel as if it's either too much or not enough.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I'd like to increase her herbalism and maybe have her pick up some poison skill.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Honestly, I'm not picky. Ideally just anyone who's willing and will reply more than once a season!

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Sure!

You may ask one question of your ST. No questions for now! Enjoy your new slaves, Proph. :P

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Allassanachassanya on June 2nd, 2018, 2:33 pm

Character Registry

Character Name: Allassanachassanya, otherwise known as Ssanya.
Type of Residence: Slave.
Profession: Be a slave.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Ssanya is a maledictor Dhani, originally from Eyktol, but considers her current home to be Alvadas. After an ill-fated, unfortunate night, she ended up being taken as a slave. Ssanya is obsessed with death, but she's respectful at the same time.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, a little, to be set up as a slave. Thanks!
What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? This is a tricky question. :retard: I would say, though this is an uncommon monster anyway so I wouldn't want it to be used more often per se, but I'd love to see Qamur, because I think it's a really interesting concept.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I definitely want to improve combat, it's still my weak spot and Ssanya's going to need it in the upcoming seasons.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Mostly, I want to improve her skills with malediction and combat, but..! I'm still looking to develop relationships, and her religious tendencies. So, a whole heap of things. :P

What do you look for in a thread partner? Hmm. I don't really search for anyone in particular, but I look at CSes and see if our PCs would match at all, even if they wouldn't technically get on. I look for someone who I can enjoy writing with, as if it isn't a chore. :)

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? I don't think so, because I'm not very good at taking criticism, even if it is in good faith. I get too hung up on little things.

You may ask one question of your ST. What would be your favourite Chaon curse, existing or otherwise?

All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on June 2nd, 2018, 3:21 pm

Character Name: Crylon Stonecraft
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident/Visitor
Profession: Requested a job as an Architect
Briefly Describe Your Character: An Isur exploring the wilds outside the Kingdom, expanding his skills and knowledge. Observing non-Isur out in their "natural" habitat.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Unsure

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Familiary seems interesting, and almost never used among non-lost Discipline magics.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Work on my skill in describing creating/building things which I've not had too much practice in.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Increase his magic and building related skills.

What do you look for in a thread partner? Someone active and interesting, with overlapping interests/thread goals.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? I'm all about construction!

You may ask one question of your ST. If were making an Isur pc right now, where would you put them of the active cities and which Clan would they be of? Why?
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Shiress on June 2nd, 2018, 3:55 pm

Character Name: Shiress

Type of Residence: Slave

Profession: She slaves about

Briefly Describe Your Character: Shiress hates slavery -loathes it, and not because she is, in fact, a slave. Shiress hates it because slavery rips out the very core of who you are and replaces it with a weak, beaten down, and submissive forgery of one's self-awareness. With that said, currently, Shiress is struggling to maintain a modicum of her true self and defy the trauma of being enslaved. That...and she really wants to escape :p

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Maybe

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Delving deeper into my PC's thoughts and emotions and explaining why she feels the way she feels or acts the way she does. I tend to be rather cut and dry when it comes to a thread and I would love to learn how to expand on those things.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Combat, weapon and, of course, medicine

What do you look for in a thread partner? I like an engaging and attentive partner. The amount of time that you take to reply doesn't mean anything to me, take a month, if need be, (gods know I have) Rather, it's the small stuff...like if Shiress is wearing a dress, but my thread partner refers to her pants, or, if Shiress sits on the floor but my thread partner helps her out of a chair. Stuff like that may sound picky, but I don't feel like they are fully engaged in actually reading what my PC is doing...idk, it's hard to explain.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Always

You may ask one question of your ST. What was your absolute favorite thread from last season?

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rook on June 2nd, 2018, 4:20 pm

Character Name:
Rook

Slave

Profession: What does your PC do for money?
What money? Slaving it up in here.

Briefly Describe Your Character:
Rook is a watchful kelvic maned wolf slave who is owned by an Ebonstryfe commander and bonded to a slave from a family that is a rival to his master. Rook has been blackmailed into spying on his master, and is slowly drifting into more sneaky business.

Need Moderator’s Assistance:
Probably not, but I'll let you know!

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often?
Gimme more of those gods walking around like humans!

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer?
I'm gonna try to focus on combat and conflict this season. Rook needs to get his defense skills in, and it's a good opportunity for me to practice getting my fight on.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC?
I want to make Rook more of a force to be reckoned with. At the moment, he's not really all that strong. Pupper needs more skills so people can start taking him more seriously; and so he can take himself seriously.

What do you look for in a thread partner?
I love people who are good with dialogue and who enjoy helping to push their partners towards the goals they want to meet. You push me towards my character goals and help develop my character, and I'll do the same for you.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing?
Absolutely! Hmu.

You may ask one question of your ST.
While I don't expect it to happen for a while yet, what would be good steps towards Rook eventually making himself and his bondmate free?
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Emsworth on June 2nd, 2018, 8:07 pm

Character Name: Clyde Emsworth
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident (will be working toward citizenship)
Profession: Mortician / undertaker
Briefly Describe Your Character:Nuit that is interested in seeks out long lost information. He had no issues with getting his hands dirty if he must.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Highly likely. I will be shotting a PM with many questions on more than one occasion.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Kelvic history specifically the The Alizarin Team. I think there is a lot of untapped information here and I believe it would lend itself to many good stories.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Describing thoughts and feelings as I tend to give to much or not enough and I feel it takes away from the readers experience.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Short term I would like to be able to increase the mileage I get out of a body. Long term I would better use both the living and the dead in a more resourceful way. I feel like both are being wasted.

What do you look for in a thread partner?
Someone who gives me information to work on other than just window dressing. The story and interaction between characters, objects etc is more important then overly painting a picture of where I am sitting.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes please. My only request is that it is not taken to an extreme level. I write to tell a story and any advice regarding this is always welcomed.

You may ask one question of your ST. If you could see any one city open or close what one would it be and why?
Clyde Emsworth
Player

Words: 1870
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2018, 4:40 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet

Postby Hwyn on June 5th, 2018, 8:39 pm

Registry

Character Name: Hwyn
Profession: Slave
Briefly Describe Your Character:Hwyn, from riches to rags to rags to rich rags? Streetrat turned slave, wannabe bard
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No but feel free to pop in my threads

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? There are a lot of unused monsters, I think it'd be fun to see them.
What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I feel like I need to write a better "voice" for my character, or at least a more consistent tone

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Music music music

What do you look for in a thread partner? Creativity and a willingness to write about things that theyed previously not considered.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Always
You may ask one question of your ST. Does Rhysol think I'm cute?
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Ruvya on June 9th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Character Name: Ruvya
Type of Residence: Non-citizen/Visitor
Profession: Ravosalaman

Briefly Describe Your Character: Ruvya is a drykas who lost a strider at a young age and who has wandered far...in search of what, she doesn't know. Beneath an intimidating exterior lies a sensitive and intuitive soul on the mend who is remembering how to live again.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Just with initial set-up in the city. Thanks!

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'm going to have to take a wander in the lore and get back to you.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Besides being more active, describing action and not losing plot momentum.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Skills (riding, foraging, hunting, tanning, weapon, combat), settle into Ravok life and meet a few PCs.

What do you look for in a thread partner? I adore spontaneity & immersive description so I can really sink into a scene.

Would you be interested in constructive criticism on your writing? Yes please, I'd love to get better at writing.

You may ask one question of your ST. Thanks for all you do!

Last edited by Ruvya on August 9th, 2018, 9:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ruvya
Player

Words: 40558
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2018, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next