Blessings, gentlefolk.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Blessings, gentlefolk.

Postby Anjshfara on June 13th, 2018, 10:06 am

Hi,
One of my nameplays on the net is MzConcepcion, Connie is fine.

Just starting here with a character Anjshfara, commonly called Fara. Half Vantha on her mother’s side, she grew up in Avanthal, where she faced a certain amount of xenophobia. But she loves dance and theatre as aspects of storytelling. Her father was a trader from Ravel, who in his visits taught her observation, and a few other skills, but in her early teens he disappeared. While guarded, she’s curious, and left home for Ravel, in an effort to find her roots.

As Connie, I like writing, and inhabiting characters in my mind. I have travelled extensively, and hopefully will be able to bring some of that into my stories.

So, unfamiliar with this site or exactly how it works (I have some idea, I have read various bits) I’d love to get what help I can getting started. One of the first questions I have is on graphics.

I also have some questions about the social structure of Avanthal. Where is the best place to ask that?
Anjshfara
Player

Words: 1402
Joined roleplay: June 13th, 2018, 9:45 am
Race: Human, Mixed

Blessings, gentlefolk.

Postby Antipodes on June 13th, 2018, 10:40 am

Hello and welcome to Miz, Connie!

You would have received a welcome pm upon registering and I definitely recommend you go through it since it contains everything you need to know about the site, character creation and gameplay :) As for Avanthal, it is not open for play or flashbacks since it currently does not have a Storyteller (ST) to moderate it so you will need to have your character start in a different city. The city list shows which are open for play as well as the ST that runs it. I'm also not sure what Ravel is... did you mean Ravok?

Furthermore, please know that there has been a major plot that has impacted the Vantha race (and half Vantha, by extension). Following Morwen's actions in Winter 516, the three other seasonal Deities issued bounties on all Vantha. This is still in effect in most cities. Therefore, Vantha will be hunted and most STs require you to start with Disguise and Stealth skills if you wish to create a Vantha PC. Please be aware of this before creating a new Vantha PC.

As for graphics, I do believe that is covered in the PM but avatars are 200x200 and sigs no larger than 650x150.

We also have a dicord if you would like to join and chat.
cs review starting package cs help cs templates discord
Antipodes
your guide to the other side

Words: 42671
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Race: Staff account
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Blessings, gentlefolk.

Postby Anjshfara on June 13th, 2018, 11:03 am

Thank you, Antipodes,

I did indeed mean Ravok. I didn't realise that flashbacks couldn't be used to a closed city. I'll have to rethink my character, somewhat. Alvadas is listed as open. Can I do flashbacks to there? I note in Gossamer's Welcome to Summer http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic72492.html, Alvadas is not mentioned as open, but in the Cities list, it is listed as open with Chameleon as storyteller. So, could I use that for flashback?

I'm just trying to work out frameworks for the story, which involve coming to Ravok with skills in entertainment and a discerning curiosity and enjoyment of secrets.
Anjshfara
Player

Blessings, gentlefolk.

Postby Anjshfara on June 13th, 2018, 11:10 am

Pardon, Iooking at the city forum, I see it's closed.

So, if my character is into theatre, dance, and perhaps some hospitality, where would I have picked up those skills? Alvadas or Aventhal would have been good. What is an allowable alternative? I considered Syka, but there seems to be little information on it.
Anjshfara
Player

Blessings, gentlefolk.

Postby Luminescence on June 13th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Welcome, Connie!

Your PC could have picked up those skills anywhere; people of those professions exist in every city. Also, your character can be from a closed city, you simply can't write flashbacks there.

Always check a city's forum and their codex rather than their lore page. The codexes are updated much more frequently; if you take a look at Syka's Codex, you'll notice that there is plenty of information on it. :) However, because Syka is such a new settlement, PCs cannot have been born there.

I second Anti on joining us in our discord chat; you can get answers much more quickly since there's always someone around!
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Blessings, gentlefolk.

Postby Lucas Skyglow on June 14th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Greetings and welcome to Mizahar, fellow half-Vantha.

We might meet if you end up in the same city as me, but I probably wont be able to help you with anything unless its life threatening.
My PC wishes to not encounter any unnecessary trouble.
Lucas Skyglow
Player

Words: 6362
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2018, 9:32 pm
Character sheet