[Verified by Antipodes] Bruce

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Bruce

ImageName: Bruce Aeyo
Kelvic Form: Red wolf (lifespan: 15 years)
DoB/Age: 50th Spring 514 AV. 4 years old. Appears in his 20s.
Birthplace: Zeltiva
Current Residence: Sunberth
Housing: Renting in the Sunset Quarter (apartment, poor, 0.5gm/day, 45.5gm per season)
Workplace: Sunset Quarter Orphanage???
Languages: Common -fluent, Canine -fluent, Tukant -conversational, Fratava -poor.
oocLanguage source. Tukant from Akalak tutor. Fratava from sailing to Sunberth with Svefra.

Faceclaim: Ryan Donowho

Relationships

Agnetha
ImageNPC or PC?: NPC (travelling)
Name: Agnetha Aeyo
Kelvic Form: Peregrine falcon (lifespan: 15 years)
Relationship to PC: Sister
DoB/Age: 10th Spring 515 AV. 3 years old. Appears in her late teens.
Birthplace: Zeltiva
Housing: Renting with her brother in the Sunset Quarter.
Support: Supported by her brother.
Languages: Common -fluent, Avian -fluent, Tukant -conversational, Fratava -poor.

Skill XP
Brawling 10xp
Unarmed Combat 10xp
Hunting 10xp

About: Agnetha is a fiery individual. She is highly opinionated, but fiercely devoted to her older brother and would protect him at whatever cost. She is often angry about her desire to bond to someone, but she is powerless to ignore the need and it is why she often gets herself into fights she cannot win. She has numerous scars and scratches across her body from taking tumbles in Zeltiva.

Silvia
ImageNPC or PC?: NPC (stationary)
Name: Silvia Aeyo, nee. Haft
Race: Human
Relationship to PC: Mother
DoB/Age: Summer 60th 472 AV. 46 years old.
Birthplace: Sunberth
Housing: Living with her father
Languages: Common -fluent

Skill XP
Brawling 15 xp
Sewing 25 xp
Unarmed Combat 10 xp

About: Silvia looked old before her time. In her youth she dreamt of escape and was often taken advantage of for that very reason. She used to hang around the docks of Sunberth, waiting for a ship to take her away. Instead, she fell into the arms of alcohol and earned her keep (and her booze) by sleeping with anyone who would pay her well enough.

Escape finally came in the form of a passing merchant, and she was taken back to Zeltiva after a drunken ramble with the honest man. He allowed her to find a better life, and she fell in love with a local man and had two children with him. Unfortunately, both her children were Kelvic. Unable to cope with the difficulties of raising children like them, she eventually had enough and returned back to the only life she knew- Sunberth and the bottle.

Now she lives with her father and cares for him in his old age. She has fallen back on the drink to pass the time of day, and she has grown somewhat hardened in her later life.

Special Abilities

Running and Agility
Kelvic: Bruce can run at speeds of up to 35 mph for about 20 minutes on clear ground, and he can maintain a slower running speed of 5 mph for bells at a time, using a loping gait that places one paw in front of the other. He can also leap 5 metres horizontally, should the need arise.
The Senses
Kelvic: His sense of smell is strong, approximately 100x stronger than an average human, and he relies on both this and on his hearing to sense the world around him. His hearing is 16x sharper than an average human, and he can hear up to ten miles away in open country.
Last edited by Bruce on August 28th, 2018, 9:46 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Inactive: please disregard, apologies for inconvenience.
Bruce
Always learning

Words: 13305
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2018, 8:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:06 pm

Appearance

Human

Bruce has shoulder-length, brown, wavy hair that sometimes looks red in the light of the sunset. His hair is thick and unkempt, although he does his best to keep it neat. In the right light, his brown eyes look tawny, and he often wears a wary or concerned expression. Bruce has a few freckles, but otherwise his skin tone is lightly tanned. He is lean in an almost gangly way, and tall-ish. He goes everywhere with bare feet, and the soles of his feet are tough, both as a result of his Kelvic blood and from walking everywhere without shoes.

Kelvic

Bruce's Kelvic form is that of a Red Wolf. He is smaller than a grey wolf, but larger than a coyote. His fur is thick and mainly a reddish brown colour, although he has a lot of grey too. Around his mouth and under his eyes are white markings. He has tawny yellow eyes, and big ears contradict a slim face.

Clothing
    Grey, short-sleeved shirt. Missing a couple of buttons. (SP)
    Brown trousers with pockets. (SP)
    Hardly worn pair of leather shoes tied to his backpack. (SP)
    Slate-grey woollen cloak with hood. (SP)
    Plain undergarments. (SP)
Last edited by Bruce on June 16th, 2018, 9:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bruce
Always learning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:10 pm

Concept

To learn is to live
    Bruce is devoted to learning and teaching. He recognised very early on that he grew faster than humans, and realised he could very well die faster than humans too. With so much knowledge to discover, Bruce yearns to understand the world around him and delve ever deeper into Mizahar's mysteries, before it's too late. What he learns he passes on to his sister and to anyone who is interested. He is entirely devoted to the goddess Eyris, and prays to her with his voice and his actions.

Searching for the right one
    Like all Kelvics, Bruce is innately driven by his need to find a bondmate. He knows he will find one eventually, but remaining unbonded fills him with a feeling of inherent loneliness that is sometimes very difficult to shake. His sister is his dearest companion and although they look after each other, they both know at some point they will have to separate when they each respectively find their bondmates, and this gives the relationship with his sister a bittersweet feel.

Trust is a beautiful yet dangerous thing
    Despite inadvertently searching the eyes of every acquaintance for his bondmate, he remains cautious of strangers, and is wary to let anyone into his friendship due to the treatment received from his mother and father. The betrayal of his parents cuts deep even though Bruce understands why they did it, and ever since this time he finds it difficult to trust someone else. He wants to trust, and believes the best in people, but experience and reality tell a different story.
Last edited by Bruce on July 26th, 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bruce
Always learning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Skills

Novice
Skill XP Total
Auristics 10 SP 10/100
Hunting 10 RB 10/100
Meditation 10 SP 10/100
Organisation 5 SP 5/100
Stealth 10 SP 10/100
Teaching 5 SP 10/100
Writing 10 SP 10/100

Competent
Skill XP Total

Expert
Skill XP Total

Master
Skill XP Total

Lores

Skill
A
Auristics
Lore Gained
Be careful not to overgive Starting

Miz Knowledge
Sunberth
Lore Gained
Sunset Quarters: A place to stay in Sunberth Starting

About People
Lore Gained

Personal and Misc
Lore Gained
Last edited by Bruce on August 14th, 2018, 11:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bruce
Always learning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:17 pm

Ledger

Spring
Purchase Cost Total

Summer
Purchase Cost Total

Autumn
Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100gm 100gm
Cash in housing +500gm 600gm
2 blank books -6gm 594gm
Ink -1gm 593gm
Quill -0.05gm 592.05gm
Seasonal expenses (Bruce) -135gm 457.05gm
Seasonal expenses (Agnetha) -135gm 322.05gm
Rent, apartment, poor -45.5gm 276.55gm

Winter
Purchase Cost Total

Equipment

Food for a week (SP)
    1 eating knife (SP)
    ---
    Comb (SP)
    Brush (SP)
    Razor (SP)
    Soap (SP)
    ---
    1 Waterskin (SP)
    1 Backpack (SP)
    Flint & Steel (SP)
    ---
    1 plain, leather-bound book
    1 plain, linen-bound book
    1 pot of black ink
    1 goose feather quill
    Image---
    Short sword | A short sword with the effect of Chameleon- The weapon causes the wielder to blend into their surroundings while they are standing still; +10 to stealth rolls when wielded and standing still. | PENDING acquisition in thread
    ---
    (Clothing listed with appearance. **See above.**)
Heirloom

A note left by his mother for the eyes of Bruce's father when she left for Sunberth. The note is crumpled, but looked after carefully within a book of Bruce's.

Mother wrote:Mikael,
I'm sorry to leave this message for you, but I have left you with the children. I think it might not be a surprise. You know we have been out of love for a long time now, but I knew you would only argue with me for leaving, so I will have already left Zeltiva by the time you read this note. You have the children to think of now, so don't come after me. In a different life, we could be travelling together with our infant children safe in my arms, but there is obviously something wrong with one of us, and I can't bear to see Bruce or Agnetha ever again. When they die (Antus told me Kelvics don't have a long lifespan, so don't judge my harshness please), if you want to find me again, I will be at my father's place in Sunberth. I vowed never to return to that shyke-hole ever again, but so is life. His house is in the Sunset Quarter- Henry Haft.
Some part of me still loves you, Mikael. This leaving hurts, but I would go mad living with our children.
Silvia
Last edited by Bruce on August 28th, 2018, 10:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Bruce
Always learning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:21 pm

History

Bruce was born to Silvia and Mikael Aeyo in Zeltiva on a sunny Spring day. His Kelvic form and nature was discovered a couple of seasons after the birth, to the parent's shock and horror. During his youth, he was tutored and looked after by a family friend, Antus, a gruff yet kindly Akalak living in Zeltiva. It wasn't difficult to notice that his mother treated him with a certain kind of scared hostility, especially after seeing his wolf form for the first time.

Yet, early life for Bruce was nice enough. His time was filled with learning, and then with the affections and care of his younger sister, also a Kelvic. There was something wrong with his parents, but he tried not to let it affect him or his sister Agnetha too much. Antus worked hard too, bringing the boy up to speed in his education. Bruce found it difficult to concentrate sometimes, but it was mostly due to the sheer volume of amazing and interesting knowledge he was being fed.

Then, in the Summer of 517, Silvia Aeyo left the family home, leaving nothing but a note behind. Agnetha had expected it, but Bruce was deeply hurt, especially after his sister found the note and told him what was inside it. Agnetha's anger issues grew deeper, mirroring Mikael's turbulent mood, and Bruce's thirst for knowledge grew as a way to escape the stormy atmosphere of the household. To Bruce's anguish, his beloved mentor Antus was called away by his own family, and so the two Kelvics and their father lived alone for a time.

Finally, Mikael moved on, and found a new wife. The next logical step was to merge their households, but Bruce and Agnetha were now two blocks in the way of his happiness with his new wife. He kicked them out, reasoning to himself that they were old enough to survive by themselves. Guilt goaded him to push the letter from Silvia into Bruce's hands, and several hundred mizas into Agnetha's. "Go to Sunberth. Your mother's there," he told them. With no home to go to, and no true ties except a mother they hadn't seen in a year and a tutor who had moved back to his ancestral home thousands of miles away, they made their preparations and boarded the next ship to Sunberth.
Last edited by Bruce on June 16th, 2018, 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bruce
Always learning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Bruce

Postby Bruce on June 14th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Thread List
518 AV
Season
    Write me, write me!
Bruce
Always learning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes