Closed All Washed Up

slip sliding away (not really, but there is slipping)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

All Washed Up

Postby Nahaali on July 28th, 2018, 3:36 am

16 Summer - Mid-morning

Nahaali made her way through the Noble District, a velvet pouch of miza of various values clinking from a belt around her hip. She had her cloak on, her hood lifted up to help hide her head from the morning rain. When Master Radcliffe gave her the coins to go shopping for a new outfit for Eleanor, he hadn’t anticipated the rain. For a few days now it had rained in the morning, but he hadn’t yet noticed an actual pattern. But she couldn’t go back to the Estate, not without an outfit for her bondmate. Not only would she not feel right, but she’s probably be punished.

So there she was, hurrying along the streets of the district. Her cloak was a personal one as opposed to one given to her specifically for this trip, but it wasn’t very good. It easily grew damp and halfway to Azure Reflections Fine Tailoring she could feel the moisture soaking through onto her clothes. It was uncomfortable, especially since Eleanor liked to dress her up when she went out in public. She wanted to “show her off”, in a way, as most Larks did with their slaves. If the clothes got too soaked, she would look… bad for the family. That she did not want, not at all.

Nahaali was hurrying too fast, worrying about getting wet, and stepped in a small puddle in the street. The slight dip startled her, and she started to stumble back. She let out a yelp, instinctively reaching out to grab something nearby. But there wasn’t; only passerby who watched her fall with either annoyance, sympathy, or amusement. She fell on her backside with a thud, and pain shot up her spine. The miza bag remained unscathed, thank goodness, though it did make a loud clanging that hurt her ears. She felt tears gather in the corner of her eyes from the pain, and she had to take a moment for her mind to process all that had happened. So she sat there, her rear and thighs growing wet from the road.
Nahaali
Player

Words: 26347
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2018, 9:08 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

All Washed Up

Postby Rook on July 28th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Rook grimaced as he stared up at the drizzly overcast sky from the reprieve of an overhanging rooftop. All around him, people rushed, leaving splatters of water in their wake as they hurriedly rushed across the bridges spanning the canals, or hailed ravosalas, coats pulled up to their ears. Rook couldn't spot a single cheerful face among them. For the humans living in the perfect city of Ravok, rain of all things was the ultimate inconvenience. It seemed as though one could hardly remember the shudder of ice that struck the city the season before. The people of Ravok had short memories, it seemed.

Rook stared up at the sky gloomily, then pulled up his hood and walked into the rain, steeling himself for the inevitability of getting wet. Fortunately, he wasn't carrying any sensitive documents, so at least he didn't have to worry about those getting wet. He had already passed that information over to Radcliff Lark. Pieces of information, plucked and chosen specifically for him by his master Lady Lazarin. The wolf boy knew he should be getting back to his lady, but he found himself reluctant to do so. Even wandering around in the rain was a better alternative. Rook had hoped to meet with his bondmate, but she had not been at the estate. He had half a mind to go looking for her, but he still hadn't quite learned how to locate her precisely yet. He knew she was gloomy too though, and it was making him melancholy.

Rook walked along the edge of the canal, minding his steps so the slick stones didn't send him plunging into the waters. That was an experience the pup didn't want to repeat twice. Suddenly, he saw a flash of dark color, a frayed cluster of dark water soaked cloth flash by him. A girl; a kelvic at that, judging from the brief flash of scent he caught as she nearly brushed by him in her hurry. Rook turned towards the girl in surprise. Rarely did he see other kelvics after all. The wolf boy’s eyes followed her just long enough to see her splash into a puddle, stumble, and fall. There were a few chuckles from passerbys, but for the most part she was ignored. The girl simply sat in the pouring rain, making no move to stand up. Even through the sound of raindrops, Rook heard a sniffle. He felt a sharp stab of sympathy and before he knew what he was doing he had approached her side and bent down next to her.

“Are you okay?” Rook asked. If she seemed willing, the kelvic would offer a hand to her to help her to her feet. Once more, Rook dwelled on the sympathy his bondmate had instilled in him. He never would have helped someone like this in seasons past.
Rook
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

All Washed Up

Postby Nahaali on July 29th, 2018, 3:26 am

Nahaali jumped slightly as someone had approached her, speaking to her. She turned to him, and felt her face grow hot. She quickly reached up with one hand to wipe her eyes; she didn’t want to make a further mess of herself and start crying out in the open like this! With her other hand, she reached out and took his hand. She could sense that he was a fellow kelvic, but the only kelvics she really interacted with were fellow Lark slaves. She stood up with a huff, and seemed to just noticed her backside was soaked. She let out a soft whine, and turned back to the boy.

”Th-Thank you,” She nodded at him, grabbing the edges of her hood and adjusting it. Part of it was to try and cover her face from the rain, but part of it was also to keep him from seeing her tear-filled eyes so clearly. ”I-I really need to be more careful in the rain. I should’ve known better.” She immediately started to rambling self-deprecation, since that’s what the Larks always did to her when she messed up. When she returned to the Estate and they saw she was nearly soaked to the bone, they would definitely be disappointed.

For a moment, she looked at the kelvic. Studying him instinctively. But then she noticed what she was doing, and looked away. ”I-I should continue. Can’t be gone for too long.” She turned to walk away, but she was so flustered she wasn’t looking at where she was going. She immediately bumped into another passerby, who let out a grunt and stumbled back as she stumbled back and knocked into the kelvic. She let out a worried shriek and looked back between the two as they continued on their way with a huff. ”O-Oh, dear! I-I’m s-so sorry!”
Nahaali
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

All Washed Up

Postby Rook on July 30th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Had Rook been in his wolf form his ears would have twitched. The girl’s soft voice listed in a self-deprecating whine that drew a raised eyebrow from the wolf boy. The girl should hardly have to worry about demeaning herself to him. They were both slaves, and kelvics at that. They might as well be equals. Well, perhaps she was one of those slaves that was treated as a lesser among her peers. Rook certainly knew that feeling. He was on neutral terms with his fellow Lazarin slaves, but the slaves at the Northern Outpost despised him.

Rook touched his slave collar and smiled at the girl in a reassuring way, but she was already rushing away from him, mumbling about how she should be more careful and how she had to hurry. Rook’s smile turned to a frown as she rushed away from him, but he made no effort to follow her. Some slaves were just like that; content in their lot and unwilling to do anything to change it. Rook had been that way once, long ago. Now with Shiress in his heart it was hard to imagine such a thing. Rook sighed and watched the kelvic girl flee, a melancholy expression creasing his face, only to see her run head first into another group of passersby. Clumsy girl. But she didn't want his help.

Rook was ready to depart, perhaps do another walk around the district to see if he could pinpoint his bondmate, when suddenly one of the strangers that the girl had collided with turned towards her with a snarl. “Watch where you’re going!” he snarled. “Petching slave!” The collision appeared to have knocked the man’s hood off of his coat, and in the sudden downpour of rain he was now soaked thoroughly. He seized the girl by the collar and yanked her close and, once more without thought, Rook found his feet moving and himself standing beside the pair of them.

“It was just an accident,” Rook said, voice full of false cheer. “No need to hurt her. Don’t think her master would much appreciate her being roughed up.”
Rook
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

All Washed Up

Postby Nahaali on July 30th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Nahaali was still mumbling apologizes when the man teached out and grabbed her by her collar. She let out a sudden shriek of surprise, being yanked right to his face. She flinched, preparing for an assault, but that's when the kelvic stepped in to defend her. Nahaali turned slightly to him, tears just about to start leaking from her eyes. She couldn't help but think how overwhelming being out on her own was. She wished she could've been back at the Lark Estate already. She'd rather deal with Eleanor's dress-up games, even if they hurt sometimes.

At the mention of her masters, Nahaali felt relieved. Yes, they wouldn't appreciate her coming home having been attacked! What if they decided to go out and look for the person who did it? Surely the man wouldn't want to get in trouble with the Larks! She looked back at the man, and sucked in a breath while waiting to see what he'd do.

After a moment of staring down the two, the man let out a huff and let go of Nahaali. She stumbled back, bowing her head respectively at the man. He grumbled and started to walk away, calling back at her, "Watch where you're going, slave! Some don't care about what your masters will think!"

Nahaali watched the man and his group leave, then went back to the other slave. With a shaky smile she stammered, "O-Oh, goodness. Th-thank you, for th-that help! M-Miss Eleanor would n-not of liked to see me beat up, not at a-all!" She paused, then perked up with a small gasp. "O-Oh yeah. I'm, um, I'm Nahaali, of the Lark family." She quickly bowed her head to him.
Nahaali
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

All Washed Up

Postby Rook on August 1st, 2018, 8:12 pm

Rook let out a breath he hadn't known he had been holding as the confrontational man grumbled away, pulling his hood up over his already drenched head and disappeared into the crowd. Rook turned towards his fellow kelvic, raising an eyebrow at her introduction, then blinking in surprise as she mentioned belonging to the Larks.

The Larks! Really? Rook had to bite back his question, along with his disbelief. The Larks were a prominent family after all, and he and Shiress tended to meet at the Floating Garden more than they did at the manor anyways. It was certainly conceivable that Rook wouldn’t have seen her before. It was a little odd though. There weren't many kelvics in the city, so whenever he found one they tended to jump out at him.

“I’m Rook,” the wolf boy said, then hesitated a moment. If the girl ever saw him at the Lark residence, she might raise questions. But he certainly couldn't introduce himself as a slave of the Larks! She'd know him then!

The kelvic decided on a happy medium. “I’m a messenger slave for the Lazarin family,” he said. Not quite a lie, and he’d have an explanation if the girl ever saw him around. His and Shiress’ bonding was still a closely guarded secret, even if both Jessica and Radcliff knew. Should he be acting a little less slick so the girl didn't think he’d been bonded? A glance at the girl’s glassy eyed expression decided him. It didn’t seem necessary. All his time spent around the Ebonstryfe was making him paranoid.

“You really should be more careful,” Rook said. “I thought he was about to strangle you and I’d have to go fetch a guard. He’s not wrong; some of those merchants really don't care if they have to pay the price of a replacement slave if it means they can kill someone.”
Rook
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

All Washed Up

Postby Nahaali on August 3rd, 2018, 6:22 am

The kelvic introduced himself as Rook, a messenger for the Lazarin family. Nahaali nodded, but if she would remember his name or which family he belonged to no one could be sure. Her memory wasn’t the best. Though, the close call with the aggressive man would definitely stay in her mind for a while. If it wasn’t for Rook, who knows what would’ve happened to her.

Nahaali realized Rook had started talking about the same thing she was worried about. She felt her throat seize up. Of course many of the Lark family members liked to remember she was just a slave and was easily replaceable in the end. But she thought of Eleanor; surely she would miss her if she died? Nahaali hoped so. They were bondmates, after all.

There was a small pause while she thought about this, but before it got awkward she spoke up. ”O-Of course! I should be m-more careful, yes. Perhaps I could… uh, work on my balance? My c-coordination?” She started looking out into the distance while thinking out loud, but then quickly brought her attention back to Rook. ”B-But on a better note, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Rook.” She gave a small bow of the head in greeting, and was about to start leaving when she paused once more.

”Erm… i-if you’re not too busy, Rook, would you want to walk with me? I-I’m running errands for Miss Eleanor, my owner. I-I think it would be good to have someone with me, in case s-something like that happened again, yeah?” She glanced up at the rain and let out a quick sigh. ”Either way, w-we both should get out of the rain.”
Nahaali
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

All Washed Up

Postby Rook on August 11th, 2018, 7:57 pm

This kelvic girl was a little strange...or maybe it was simply that he’d never really had much interaction with his fellow kelvics? It was hard to say. Her stutter was not terribly unusual for a slave, but it was her vacantness that had the wolf boy a touch perplexed. It was as if she was both here and at the same time very far away. Odd. The girl’s mention of working on her coordination and balance forced him to hold back a laugh. “Yeah, that might be a good idea,” he agreed with a toothy grin.

The pair of them were becoming severely drenched in the downpour, and Rook glanced at the sky with a frown. Rook doubted it was even worth putting his hood back up for it. He was completely soaked. Well at least the weather was nice and warm. He hadn't started shivering, at least not yet.

The girl’s offer intrigued him. Well, it was true he didn't have plans for much of the day and he could spare an hour or two. Jessica might get on his case but… he had a good excuse didn't he? Making friends with a slave of the Larks? There could be good information in it for him.

“I’d be happy to,” Rook told the girl amicably. “What errands does your master have you running today?” Acting automatically, Rook took the girl’s hand and led her to an overhang beside a nearby shop to keep the pair out of the rain. He shook his head, rather dog-like, to rid the rain from his hair.
Rook
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

All Washed Up

Postby Rook on August 22nd, 2018, 1:51 am

Your grades are here!

Nahaali

Notes
Sorry I couldn’t award you anything. Have fun in Sunberth!

Rook

Skills
*+1 Observation
*+2 Socialization
*+1 Persuasion
*+1 Deception
*+1 Intelligence

Lores
*Rook: A Double Agent
*Kelvics: Rare in Ravok
*Deception: Making a Lie not a Lie
*Intelligence: Seizing an Opportunity to Gather Intel

Rewards & Penalties
*N.A.

Notes
N.A.

Sorry we couldn’t write together more. Have fun in Sunberth! PM me if you have any questions or concerns!
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)