Completed [Simpering Seacow] Impressions and Impressionism (Tove)

On a rare day of relaxation, Kynier goes to the cafe and meets an unusual woman.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Simpering Seacow] Impressions and Impressionism (Tove)

Postby Kynier on July 19th, 2018, 1:37 am

Timestamp: 30th of Summer 518
14th Bell

In the outside seating area of the open aired café he stationed himself. Select tools from the artisan kit laid out on the table before him with small knick-knacks strategically position to keep things from blowing away with the wind. Kynier had a sheet of parchment laid out on the table, weighed down at the corners. He was brushing it repeatedly with a piece of charcoal to create the images that he saw. His aspiring talent limited him to what he could perceive in the world around him. From his table in the shade he had sat for bells taking precious care to draw his environment.

Starting simple he had drawn the next closest table that he could see. Then the chairs followed by the next table and its seats. Kynier didn’t bother drawing people yet. His hand wasn’t fast enough to take their shape and posture before they moved on with their day. And he didn’t want to risk drawing another person unless it was someone that he knew, lest that person take offense or scrutinize his intentions. So he kept to the environment but left a space on the parchment to draw a person in a chair should he feel so inclined afterwards.

The Simpering Seacow was a refreshing place to be. Close to the river as it came out of Riverside Isle Park and near the edge of the whole city. The wind often was fresh in smell except when it circled from the west and brought a waft of the Slag Heap smoke. And though he still hadn’t completely confirmed it, it was within the territory of The Night Eyes, which was one of the least violent gangs of the city, towards the “common” folk at least. Kynier was finding it to be a very relaxing place to perform his new hobby.

His attire for the day consisted of a dark brown shirt, the dark green vest with hidden pockets, dark pants and matching boots. The cold iron short sword was strapped to his hip with a dagger on the mirror side and an assassin’s blade was stowed away in his boot. Kynier was feeling better and was willing to say that he was having a good day. Though he still had a few trace bruises on his face from the mob he accidentally started a few nights ago. When he was done here he intended to go and get supplies to build an indoor chicken pen. For now, his focus was directed at the impressions he made on the parchment.

Before the drawing was even half done Kynier took a break and signaled someone for service. Unlike the vast majority of the city he didn’t have a taste for ale, spirits, and only had wine for special occasions. So he ordered for water, fruits, and sausage. While waiting he leaned back in his chair and observed the people around him.
Last edited by Kynier on September 27th, 2018, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kynier
Player

Words: 1156083
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Tove on July 19th, 2018, 10:23 pm

The atmosphere of the café was peaceful enough, though the rumors of ties with the Night’s Eyes would keep most wise men and women a tad bit paranoid. Unlike the other gangs, the Night’s eyes thrived off secrecy. Paranoia often followed secrecy for obvious reason. Nobody liked being watched.

Tove had found herself attracted to the open-air café, maybe it was the secrecy? Or maybe it was the unique nature of the establishment? It mattered not why as she had already entered the building, her curious eyes focused more so on those within rather than the interior design.

A woman bathed in the sun as she frantically wrote upon her parchment, a ripping sound occasionally accompanied loud groans as she restarted her letter. Whether this be due to a lack of style or a misspelled word Tove did not know. An elderly couple sat inside, fingers intertwined as they spoke quietly to one another. A man peacefully drawing within the sun as he enjoyed the day.

Tove sat two tables away from the artist, her sight blocked by a beautiful barmaid. Her long blonde hair pulled back into delicate braids, her skin sun-kissed and soft.

“Can I get you anythin’ hun? Ya won’t find our signature drink, the Sunberth Shanty, can’t be found anywhere else!” She smiled brightly as she awaited an answer, her words high-pitched and sweet.

“No thank you, I’ll just have water.” Tove sent the woman a weak smile before the barmaid took her leave. It would be rude not to

The girl listened closely to her surroundings, her ears picking up soft whispers that followed a scratching sound.

“My dearest Nolan, I wish you the best-no,” The whispers belonged to the lady who had been writing when Tove walked in. Maybe to a lover or a child? That had been all she could make out before the woman became silent once more.

Tove’s eyes then shifted to the man who had taken up drawing as his past time. He appeared relaxed as he drew. Tove hadn't met many artists, her eyes attempted to catch the art to no avail. What would it be like to create your own little perfect world on paper? Tove could think of pretty things, but she doubted her hands to replicate the images.

~All credit for box-codes and signature goes to Luminescence
Tove
Criminally Bored

Words: 101169
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2018, 9:29 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on July 21st, 2018, 1:18 pm

When the barmaid returned with his food Kynier lightly snacked on the fruit first. Savoring the sweet juices as he looked to the nearly cloudless sky. While there were plenty of things that needed to be done, this, today, felt like a priority. Kynier wasn’t feeling haggard from constantly running around the city, finding himself in fights, constantly worrying about being discovered, and investigating the many secrets spreading through the streets. Yet to just allow oneself to be completely distracted was refreshing. Being able to procrastinate all the worries and responsibilities until the next day, was what he really needed.

Then his sense of paranoia went off. That twinge in the back of one’s mind when they were being watched formed. Taking another bite of fruit Kynier slowly scanned the people within sight. The barmaid was moving around paying him no mind, a woman was engrossed in writing something, an elderly pair sat enjoying each other’s company, a young woman… her. Kynier looked at the woman with thick curly hair as she keenly watched him from a few tables away. She was neither exceptionally beautiful nor repulsive. Her features were lined with the harsh living of Sunberth giving a slightly wild characteristic to her appearance.

For a moment he looked at her thoughtfully. His eyes traced the shape of her face and the pattern of her hair. Something about her there, staring at him, gave his hands inspiration. Taking up the charcoal again Kynier started brushing it against the empty space in his drawing where he left room for a person. First he only made a basic outline of a person’s head before he started making small squiggles for the curly hair. After several brushes his eyes would keep rising and look at the next feature of her body. Taking in a quick mental picture to try and channel it onto the parchment. It was not a quick process for him. Kynier’s critical nature caused him to be a bit of a perfectionist with this. What gave him the most issue were the hands. They wouldn’t look proportional and he’d try to make a correction, only to be less satisfied than he had been previously.

Strangely, the easiest thing were the eyes. The complexity of their expression with a single change would’ve been something Kynier thought to have been difficult to capture. But when he added their shape to the form in his drawing it had changed the whole outlook of the image. The eyes were looking off to the right of the image with a sense of… disappointment and perhaps longing. His mind began to wonder about the story the image could portray. Though her form wasn’t completely etched onto the paper Kynier smiled and looked up at the muse.

There was an unusual sense he got from her. Not one of danger nor a feeling of distress. Kynier couldn’t quite figure out what it was. He was the sort that wouldn’t ignore his curiosity. So he caught her gaze and spoke. “Would you like to see how it’s coming along?” he offered.
Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tove on July 25th, 2018, 12:11 am

The typical smell of Sunberth was masked by the pleasant scents within the café. Cut fruit, teas, fresh bread, even the faint scent of sweetened wines danced within the air. Tove found these new scents a decent enough distraction from the eyes of the peaceful man that sat at the table closest to her. Occasionally she would allow herself to study him from the corner of her eye, or more so the way his charcoal glided across the parchment.

She had found herself freezing each time he glanced at her, worried that he found her to be nosy and/or suspicious. To be fair, she was quite the nosy type but she would prefer that to be something only she would know of herself rather than others knowing. Being nosy wasn’t the best of character traits in a city where most pretend to ignore everything even somewhat sketchy.

The sound of his charcoal as it rubbed against the parchment had left her curious as to what he was drawing more than before, especially since he seemed to occasionally glance in her general direction. Footsteps caused her attention to stray from the man however, the beautiful barmaid now approaching the Kelvic with her glass of water.

“Here ya go love, sure ya don’t want anythin’ else?” She probed whist pushing a small blonde curl back behind her heavily pierced ear. She seemed sweet though Tove hadn’t found her particularly interesting, not when a strangely calm artist was drawing away so close by. Barmaids are merely women working for their coin, nothing all that noteworthy.

“No thank you, water is all I need.” Food wasn’t hard to come by for the Kelvic due to her natural ability to eat damn well any animal she sees, or at least any animal she can see and catch. Humans had to cook their food, remove certain organs, and catch the food in order to eat it. Tove merely had to do one of those things, and she could consume far less to sedate her hunger if she ate in her animal form.

The barmaid took her leave after trying, and failing, to get Tove to order more than just a glass of water. A small sigh escaped the Kelvic as she pulled her legs against her chest, taking small sips of her drink as she did so. She had almost forgotten about the artist before hearing an unfamiliar voice reach her ears, her head turning to face the source.

“Huh, oh…” Her feet fell to the ground once more with a small thud. His offer was on she would not refuse as she stood and walked over to his table. Without much knowledge of social expectations the young Kelvic did not think twice before she had taken a seat upon the chair across from the stranger. Curious eyes scanned over the parchment, her head tilted to the side as she studied it.

“You are talented. Is this me?” A small smile tugged at her lips as she pointed at the unfinished silhouette he had been drawing just a chime or so before. Tove’s eyes lit up as she looked up at Kynier, talented individuals being the most interesting. It was not often that one stumbled upon someone working on a more passive craft in Sunberth.

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on July 26th, 2018, 7:29 pm

The young woman had a certain grace to her movements. One that exceeded that of a typical woman. Kynier watched her curiously during her approach. While she was thin it wasn’t unsightly. His eyes traced over her form quickly, not for the usual reason that a man’s eyes would though. He was checking for indications of a weapon. Certain habits became second nature in order to survive. There was no immediate indication that she was armed. And yet, she moved comfortably and with a look of fascination rather than nervousness. Not many females would accept the invitation of a stranger the way she had.

Resting his chin on in the valley of his thumb and index finger, Kynier watched her eyes as she examined the sketch. It was the finer details he couldn’t see before that drew him in. The contours around the pale blue irises and the shape of the nose in particular. He was surprised at himself, until today he hadn’t looked at anyone with such a viewpoint. When she complimented his efforts a shy yet disbelieving smile came to his face. “That is kind of you to say,” he said taking his hand away from his face. “This is something I’ve only recently applied an interest to. Though there isn’t much of a standard to compare to in the city…” his voice trailed off before continuing on his self-criticism.

He cleared his throat, “Yes, this is.” He took the charcoal up again and looked at her with slightly narrowed eyes. It was a look of thirst trying to drink in as much detail of her as they could. He made soft and deliberate strokes at the silhouette to adjust the eyes. The young woman’s gaze had a natural far off look to them. Not one of disinterest though, more like she could see things others didn’t. “You’re… the first person that I’ve attempted to capture… the likeness of.” After the eyes Kynier studied her hair more. The untamed curls fluttered everywhere. His hand made a series of small circling motions to try and capture the essence of that wildness. When he looked up again she still had that fascinated look in her eyes. He chuckled softly as he continued.

“I’m glad that there’s at least one person that finds it interesting.” He paused and looked back to her pale blue eyes with his hazels. “My name is Kynier by the way.” Kynier snatched a piece of fruit and began chewing on it. The tasty juices rolled over his tongue delightfully. What was it about today that made it so relaxing? He finished his bite before speaking again. “Do you have any creative interests?”

Boxcode credit goes to Gossamer!
Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tove on July 27th, 2018, 1:12 am

As the man continued to draw Tove rested her chin within the palm of her hand, watching the charcoal as it left its mark upon the parchment. The sweet scent of his fruit was pleasant, as well as the sounds of birds and those who walked the streets during the heat of the day. She enjoyed the man’s peaceful aura, the way the world stilled around him in his relaxed state. It was not often such peace could be found among the streets of Sunberth.

He appeared harmless enough, at least in that moment. There was no tension between the two as they conversed. No hidden intent behind their words. No hostility. It was mere friendly conversation between the two strangers, pleasant too.

“It was not a compliment, it was a fact. Compliments are often dishonest whereas facts are not. Do not thank me for telling you what is true.” Tove disliked saying things like ‘You’re welcome’ or ‘No problem’ after stating what she considered to be fact, it made little sense to do so. “Your art is lovely enough to me, though much like you said, I have little else to compare it to.” She shrugged, fascinated with his work. “

A smile played at her lips as he addressed her question. Never had she been drawn by another as far as she had been aware. It was not the norm to do so openly in Sunberth, the arts hardly being a topic of interest for the locals. No, most were illiterate, they held no value in things they couldn’t hold in their hands. In truth, Tove knew little of art herself. She liked pretty things though, and she considered art to be pretty enough when done well.

“Well, this is the first time anyone has ever drawn the…likeness of me?” Tove stated, her eyes still locked on his art. The man’s words, no matter how simple, were laced with a strange intelligence. Tove could not find another rational reason as to why she had thought the man to be smart, it merely radiated off of him in the same way that heat radiated off of burns. It was simply there and there was little need to give it much thought. Her fingers subconsciously found her hair as she watched the peaceful man work the details of the wild locks onto his parchment.

Tove was so enraptured with his art that she had almost missed his introduction. Kynier. The name suited him perfectly. It was a smart name for a smart fellow, or maybe it was just her own view of the man that had made the name sound so fitting. “I like that name. It fits you quite well…you look like a Kynier.”

Her brow furrowed as his question reached her ears. There was hardly ever time to think of the arts, not with her current living situation. She enjoyed looking at art of course, but she had not done much to educate herself on the topic.

“Creative interests? I would love to say I do, but I suppose I have never given such things much thought. I like watching you draw though, does that count as ‘creative interest’…if so then yes.” Her mind wondered once more before she realized she had yet to formally introduce herself. She disliked doing such things but others seemed to value names quite a bit.

“You may call me Tove if you wish. I’m sorry for the prolonged response, I forgot that I had yet to introduce myself.”

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on July 28th, 2018, 10:31 pm

It was hard to judge when to stop. The young woman had so much volume to her hair that he wanted to portray in the work. Yet he didn’t want to apply too much. She assisted him with that unknowingly. When Tove rested her chin on the palm of her hand, the posture seemed to beg to his artistic sense. Kynier had no idea when he had developed one. Perhaps it had been dwelling deep within waiting to be discovered. Now it was like a freshly awakened child, running rampant and crying out for stimulation. It was so easy to indulge as well. As the charcoal formed the shape of her arm leading up to the wrist he smiled at her words.

There was a strange familiarity to them. Maybe not the words themselves but the thought process. Kynier began to suspect that she wasn’t human. Most were vain and willing to give out compliments in hopes of receiving one in return. Not this young woman. She would state facts and didn’t seek recognition for doing so. There was only one other person Kynier had met with that sort of approach. When the wrist started to take shape his strokes slowed dramatically. Focusing on making it an accurate shape was critical to him.

“I suppose that gives me the honor of setting the standard. I don’t know of any artists in this city. When I went to purchase these supplies they appeared to have been forgotten. Layered in dust so thick you’d think it was going to be a tomb.”

He had to stop and give her a quizzical look. He never imagined himself as anything other than… a Kynier. After the moment’s pause he gave a single shake of his head with a chuckle to compliment it before rubbing more charcoal on the parchment. Up the side of the woman’s face he sketched her fingers with gentle strokes; cupping the cheek until they went past the eyes. The smallest finger bent inward more than the rest to settle near a pair of lips he had not yet formed.

“I had never given them much thought either. From my experience, I would say it is worth exploring. Doesn’t have to be drawing for you. Could be painting, music, dancing, even writing…” he paused when he realized he was being presumptuous. Most of the city was illiterate and she may be as well. “There may be something that you could find pleasure in. But if you’re content to observe, I see no harm in that.”

Kynier ceased his drawing to look up at the young woman. “It is a pleasure to meet you Tove.” Leaning back he evaluated his progress. The personification of Tove on the parchment appeared more as a ghost than a person. Only half materialized with an arm supporting a head with intriguing eyes and wild hair and a silhouette of a body. Kynier took another piece of fruit to eat as he compared the sketched woman to her sketched surroundings. “I’m glad that you haven’t taken offense to being drawn. Most probably wouldn’t find it favorable. For that reason my efforts have been focused more on environments.”

Tove was an enjoyable person to have conversation with. But unless they both resigned to a long silence as he continued, Kynier found he was running out of ideas to keep it so, relaxed. Because they hadn’t inquired about who the other really is was the reason for the pleasantness. No one in the city, Kynier included, was fond of having their lives questioned by a stranger. Doing so was always a risk of finding out something you didn’t want to know. Though… there was one topic he could discuss that potentially wouldn’t prove too offensive.

“I have this suspicion Tove,” he prefaced as he took the charcoal up again, “which makes me want to ask you a question. One that you need not answer. If you would prefer silence that would be acceptable.” Kynier locked eyes with her. “Are you Kelvic?” he asked curiously.

Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tove on August 8th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Tove’s eyes were locked on Kynier’s busy hands, having never once strayed away. She wondered if she had any artistic senses that had remained undiscovered in the year she had walked the grounds of Mizahar. It’s not as though Sunberth had much room for a struggling artist, in fact an artist may be considered an easy target. She could always try her hand at art whilst bored at home of course.

“Hmm…that is somewhat sad. Maybe if people were distracted by the arts they would feel less need to kill their peers. Everyone seems to compete with one another over the same skills, maybe if everyone tried their hand at different activities there would be less competition? You seem rather calm whilst drawing, maybe they would become calm if they tried?” Her mind drifted to other places once more before he continued to speak.

The sweet scent of fruit filled the air once again, her eyes had strayed from the parchment for the first time in several chimes. “I see no need to feel offended, especially since you aren’t drawing my likeness with ill intent. I’m not sure how ill intent could be behind such things but the people of Sunberth always seem to find a way.” She shrugged, her eyes locked on Kynier’s face rather than his hands.

The elderly couple had stood from their table, the man kissing the woman's cheek before they intertwined their arms and walked off. Tove’s eyes narrowed in on a small torn envelope that had been sealed with a rather official looking red wax stamp. Her eyes lit up as an idea popped into her mind. “Excuse me for a moment!” She smiled as she rushed away from Kynier’s company. She snatched up the torn envelope before inspecting it to make sure nothing of importance remained within. She rushed back to her seat across from him with an excited look behind her eyes.

“I can draw with you now!” She stared down at the paper for a short while before realization had hit her like a brick. “Hmm…wait, I’m missing something. May I borrow an extra tool from your set? I won’t break it, I swear it.” Tove’s behavior may not have been on par with that of a human, her excitement had left her a tad bit careless.

The question had left Tove somewhat confused, had she seemed inhuman? Had she dropped her act at one point or another? The color drained from her face as she wondered if it was obvious she was Kelvic. Kynier seemed kind enough, but if someone less savory had such suspicions the result could be less than ideal.

“I- are you? Questions like that are dangerous you know. I suppose my lack of a straightforward response proves your suspicions though.” She refused to say the word ‘Kelvic’ in case curious ears had been wondering about. Maybe if Kynier was a threat the lack of outright saying, ‘Yes I’m Kelvic.’ Would prove to be in her favor.

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Kynier on August 10th, 2018, 11:24 pm

When Tove had gone to retrieve a scrap piece of paper from the other table Kynier watched curiously. The amount of excitement she had when she came back gave him the urge to laugh but he refrained lest she take it offensively. Before he answered about her borrowing from his supplies he had asked about her race. Kynier watched as her face blanched, giving him all the answer that he needed. Yet she immediately stumbled over her answer as she tried to avoid admitting it. The question and the failure to disguise the truth of the answer had immediately sent Tove to a place of discomfort.

She was right. That sort of question is dangerous and he had been careless asking it so openly. For some reason that he didn’t fully understand, Kelvics were more sought after by slavers. During the tense moment, Kynier watched Tove’s gaze shift. Then without word, he slowly reached into his pack and removed another stick of charcoal. He held it out to her with a gentle smile on his face. “Don’t press hard with the charcoal unless you want really dark lines.” When she took it looked down to his own drawing and began making calculated strokes to add more detail to the etching of Tove’s expression.

“A very… someone I trust more than anyone else, is kelvic,” he said softly so that only Tove could hear. After that he spoke in a normal tone. “I don’t know many of them,” he admitted. “But I’ve noticed that they tend to speak in a more direct way than humans. Which is why I had asked.” Tove was a bit of an enigma to him. The observations she had of the city as well as her demeanor. While he wondered what creature she could shift into, he also wondered who she was. The curly haired woman had no beverage or food, no weapon that he could see, and was watching how her surroundings unfolded.

Kynier paused in his finer detailing of the lips he was applying to his sketch. Their shape was as close of a resemblance to her’s as he could do while being slightly parted in an expressionless manner. “I will to no one of your nature Tove. There’s no benefit for me in doing so, and I dislike seeing people of any race placed in that position.” That position being slavery. How a person could place a tangible value on another’s life disturbed him to no end. While Kynier had lived through his time rather ignorant of kelvics, he was finding them to be a bit fascinating. Though he only had one kelvic friendship, and now a kelvic acquaintance. So to him they had merely seemed like odd humans. That would change in the future.

The café was growing vacant as the day continued on. In a few bells people would most likely be coming for their supper. Kynier had never supped here and wouldn’t know how busy it tended to get. He probably would leave before then. For now, there was an interesting woman he wanted to know more about. “Would you care for something to eat or drink, Tove? We can share these fruits if you’d like.”

Kynier
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Tove on August 28th, 2018, 1:26 am

The question was dangerous but valid. If Tove had been acting…inhuman, then she would prefer Kynier have picked up on it rather than a slaver or someone of that sort. She knew little of the peaceful artist other than his name and his impeccable taste in fruit but he hardly seemed to be the slaver type. Despite this, the air remained tense and uncomfortable for Tove, less so due to Kynier’s question as much as it had simply caught her off guard.

He seemed to notice this however, his attention having shifted towards his charcoal. Tove watched as he removed a stick of charcoal from his pack, a gentle smile having formed on his face as if to comfort her as he silently held it out to her. Tove hardly knew what to do. How was she meant to hold such a thing? Was it heavy? Would it snap with even the slightest amount of pressure? Her eyes connected with Kynier’s before her fingers hesitantly wrapped around the tool

“Thank you…” Tove appeared to weigh the charcoal before allowing it to sit comfortably in her hand. She nodded as Kynier explained how to use the charcoal correctly, her eyes still on the stick itself rather than the owner. “Noted.” She then began to doodle with the stick, her eyes no longer focused as Kynier spoke though he still managed to hold her attention.

Confused by his shift between saying one thing then another, Tove raised a brow. A friend? A lover? A family member? It was hardly Tove’s business yet she still allowed her mind to wonder. The words that followed lessened Tove’s stress over the previous question. Kynier was close to a Kelvic, they must have spent plenty of time together if he considered them to be a trusted friend. He had grown accustomed to being around Kelvic’s more so than others.

“I guess you’re right…I really wouldn’t know. There aren’t many Kelvic’s in Sunberth that would openly state to a stranger that they aren’t human. To do so would be a bit…idiotic I suppose.” Tove shrugged, most Kelvic’s in Sunberth were slaves, the others hidden in plain sight. Tove had been in the shoes of both, neither of which being pleasant by any means.

Her eyes then fell back upon her stolen piece of parchment, the charcoal having stained the flesh upon her hands. She glided her fingers down the side as she mimicked the movements Kynier had previously done. She puffed her cheeks as she continued onward, occasionally shooting glances at Kynier as he continued on with his own drawing as well. The silence between the two hardly bothered Tove as she focused on her drawing. The lack of the need to talk in order to enjoy the company of a peaceful stranger was a foreign in Sunberth.

“I…appreciate that. I have little reason to go about Sunberth telling all I encounter that you are human if that comforts you for some strange reason.” Tove sent him a gentle smile as she continued to doodle.

Her eyes pulled away from her parchment as he offered her fruit and drink. She eyed the fruit for a moment before allowing her eyes to drop back to her creation. “No thank you...it’s kind of you to offer though.” Tove liked the idea of sweet fruits and pastries but the taste never seemed to fit the scent.

“I- ugh- think that is as good as my art will get for now. Look!” She pushed her parchment towards Kynier’s side of the table, the sketch lackluster in nature.

Laid before him-in all its glory- sat what appeared to resemble a strange face. The head a mere squiggly oval connected to two lines. What could only be eyes were uneven circles with small eyelashes crudely drawn on. Strait strokes made up a head of hair, the roots covered by an oddly placed square. She had accidentally left out a nose but the lips were-somewhat-there.

“It’s you, the middle part of your head looked odd so I just covered it up…see?” She smiled, somewhat proud of the horrifically disfigured face she had created. It was a start, not a great one, but a start nonetheless. It seemed as though she cared little for the quality of the image as she pulled it back towards her. “We should trade, yeah? You take this, I take…me? Like an exchange of gifts I suppose…I’ll work more on the details of course.”
Last edited by Tove on August 31st, 2018, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tove
Criminally Bored

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next