Solo New beginnings, old friends

Clara's work life is about to begin. Time to inform old friends.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

New beginnings, old friends

Postby Clara Preston on December 9th, 2018, 3:02 am

8th of Winter 518AV

There’s a time in everyone’s lives, where things just take a different turn. For Clara, this was the time. Even though she had been the one to even suggest it to her parents, it was still not real to her. She was going to leave her parent’s house and live on her own. Everything was ready for the move. She had the key to her new apartment, her backpack on her back and she had already said her goodbyes to her family. All she had to do was to take that one step that would start everything. The step past her parent’s door.

She was slightly afraid with the whole situation. She had promised her parents and herself that she would visit at least twice a month, but this feeling was still overwhelming to her. The cold air, but still warmer than supposed to for this time of the year, hit her face straight on through the open door, making her wavy brown air float gently. The sun was shinning bright outside as if welcoming her in to the street. She smiled and nodded. “It’s time” She said without facing her parents waiting behind her, tears streaming down both from her face and her mother’s while her father’s were a bit more clingy but still kept themselves ready to fall. She took the step outside her house courageously, looking forward with a determined but slightly sad look. This meant that she would start living together. This meant that she would have to work for her needs. This meant that she could start to work on her dream of having her own shop. This step meant everything to her… and she missed it.

Her face changed from her courageous expression to one of fear as she placed her foot over nothing. She had forgotten about the two steps stair outside of her house and, with the help of the backpack on her back, started to fall forward, face first in to the street. She had only time to use her own hands and break the fall slightly, but still hard enough for a big ‘thud’ sound to alert those in the street. Everyone around turned as Clara quickly made an effort to get up before anyone could realize what happened. Her face was bright red with the embarrassment and her green dress now had some specks of brown and grey on the front. She could hear many laughs from those that indeed had realized what happened, but one in particular caught her interest. Next to a side alley was a man, about five feet seven inches tall with a dark brown beard and long dark brown, but starting to whiten, hair, wearing a simple brown suit and laughing his ass off as he pointed to her. She smiled, still bright red on her face.
Last edited by Clara Preston on December 14th, 2018, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Preston
Player

Words: 9997
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2016, 9:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clara Preston on December 9th, 2018, 3:08 am

“HaHaHaHa” The man laughed as he approached her. “You should have seen that from where I was standing. That was hilarious.”

Clara looked around. Everyone was laughing which made her cheeks heat up even more. “Chorum” She said to the man. “Please stop. You’re embarrassing me. Why are you even here?”

“Your father told me what was going on.” He said as he nodded towards Clara’s father standing next to the door while her mother grabbed his arm, preventing him from running to his daughter. “That’s alright Michal, she’s alright.” Clara looked towards her parents as Chorum’s words reached her father, calming him. He took a deep breath and nodded, showing a slight smile. “You know…” continued Chorum, turning back to her and attempting to clear some dirt from her dress. “You could have told me you were going to move… I would have prepared a gift for you.”

“I know you would have…” responded Clara while smiling towards Chorum “But I wanted to get settled in first before telling anyone. Has my father told anyone else?” She looked towards her father as Chorum finished cleaning her dress. It was slightly better than before.

“I made sure he wouldn’t, right Michal?” he said, turning to Michal and receiving a single nod as a response. “I knew you would want to be the one to tell them. Now, shall we?” he asked as he extended his left elbow towards her, a signal she was already very familiar with. She had known this man for a very long time and due to a joke about her wanting to become his wife so that he would not be sad anymore, they would often jokingly lock elbows and walk together.

Smiling, she took the hint and locked her elbow with his. She was a bit shorter than him, but they were already used to the weight difference. “Of course Chorum… but where are we going? I really need to get to my new home.”

Chorum nodded. “And that’s exactly where we are going. Just let this old man here do this one thing alright?

Clara nodded and began walking towards her new home. He looked happy. Slightly malnourished and dirty but still… happy. She had no idea why, but she felt best not to question him. At least not today. They spoke as they walk. Of the old days, of the new days, of winter… Of everything that came to mind. They even spoke about potential suitors for Clara, something that brought back the red to her cheeks.
Last edited by Clara Preston on December 14th, 2018, 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clara Preston
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clara Preston on December 9th, 2018, 3:09 am

“Really Chorum, please stop that. I’ve had enough embarrassment for today.” She laughed and Chorum laughed with her. The happiness didn’t stood around much though as both Chorum and Clara suddenly stopped and turned towards a very specific shop… The Shining Diamond. Clara was so happy and distracted that she didn’t even realized that Chorum was taking her to this place. Worried, she looked at him as he stared blankly in to the store, his right hand moving while tucked away in a belt pouch. “Are you alright? I’m sorry. I didn’t even notice we were here…”

“I’m fine.” He exclaimed. “It has been many years now. This place doesn’t scare me anymore.” His voice was calm and collected and Clara understood he was telling the truth. Ever since he had sold everything he had to buy a ring for the woman he loved only to see her with another man the following week, this shop had terrified him. Now however, it seemed as if he had come to terms with it. “I just wanted you to see it for yourself…”

“Aren’t you going to sell it?” Clara asked, looking towards his right hand as he took the ring from the pouch. “They will probably accept it and maybe that way you could get back to your old life.”

Chorum laughed, surprising Clara. “Old life? You mean when I just painted whatever came to mind and then proceeded to spend all the money I got on food and drink with no regard for others? This ring was the best thing that ever happened to me. With it I found people I actually care about, and that’s exactly why I would never sell it.” He said while staring at the ring.

Clara smiled and stared at the ring as well for a moment. A beautiful yellow colored ring with a bright red stone atop it. They both stared at it for a moment before Chorum placed it back in his pouch, forcefully removing Clara’s concentration on it. She looked at Chorum as Chorum looked back towards her, and after a simple nod between them, they continued their journey towards the Solar Wind apartments, a bit more silent than before but still talking about various issues from time to time.

After a moment, Clara stopped, petrified. In front of her were the Solar Wind Apartments. Chorum had managed to take her mind out of the whole issue up until this point, but now that she was here, everything was going through her head. The fear of not being with her family. The fear of not being able to do this after all. Everything.

“A bit overwhelming isn’t it?” Said Chorum, smiling towards her. “I knew this would happen, so I’ve been trying to keep your mind out of it this entire time. I guess not even I could do anything now that you’re seeing the place.” Clara nodded as Chorum gently unlocked the elbows and placed his left hand on her head. “Go on now, it’s time for you to start your new life.”

Chorum took a step backwards while Clara stood there, silently watching the entrance. She had come here previously with her parents in order to see the apartment and make the deal, but now that she was going there alone, she could not help it but just stare at it. After a moment, she looked back towards Chorum, tears falling from her face. “Thank you… For everything.” Chorum nodded and Clara faced forward again, took a deep breath and walked through the doorway in to her new life. Chorum however, stood there for a little bit longer, watching the entrance. He took the ring out from his pouch again and just held it close to his chest. “No, thank you… For saving my life.” He said before placing the ring back in his chest and walking away, smiling.
Clara Preston
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Madeira Dusk on January 16th, 2019, 8:18 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Clara Preston

Skills
  • Observation: 3xp
  • Organization: 1xp
  • Agility: 1xp
  • Socialization: 2xp

Lores
  • Lore of leaving home
  • Agility: break the fall!

Awards & Retribution

Notes
Clara looks like a fun character! I hope we see more of her soon. <3
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)