Event Merry Christmas!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Merry Christmas!

Postby Savis Maren on December 26th, 2018, 5:40 am

Happy Holidays, folks of Mizahar!

I'm not the biggest consumer of the holiday fervor, but I've enjoyed the time with the family and the festivity that comes with it all. The year passed by far too quickly for my liking, and life hasn't exactly been at it's best, but luckily the sweet retreat of hobbyism gets one's mind off of the drab realities we all face and we can all find something to love in the various means of escapism we use!

I love Mizahar, from its lore to the lovely writers who beautifully craft stories and share them with one another. I love the camaraderie of the joining of brilliant writers together and especially those lovely souls who include me in their plots <3

To Kailani/Zavya, the light of my online life. I'm so grateful to you and so proud of how beautifully you've incorporated yourself into this beautiful world I brought you to. You're one of the best writers I've had both the pleasure and the honor of writing with, but more than that, you're a wonderful friend and a kind, mean, beautiful, terrible and amazing person to converse with about pretty much anything. I've seen you grow and grow and it's one of my greatest joys in my time here on Mizahar to see your journey. Keep me entertained, my dear. I adore you more than you'll ever know.

To Madeira, the brightest of carats in the Diamond of Kalea. Plotting with you and writing with you in Lhavit has been one of my greatest pleasures in my time on Miz. Having a steady 'running mate' like you has been the light of Savis' existence and you broke my anti-social, heartless undead and turned her into a sort of team player. Our stories together will only grow sweeter and sweeter and you make me look forward to every moment of it. <3

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Today's Post: To Break the Silence
Savis Maren
Only a little bit dead

Words: 399286
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2018, 11:49 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Merry Christmas!

Postby Kailani on December 26th, 2018, 5:42 am

After a busy, busy day, and an overall busy and stressful week, I’m not sure I will make an IC post tonight, but I still wanted to leave some love just in case I can’t get around to it. If I do, I’ll link it at the end. But anyway, here goes…

When I first came here, I was so nervous. I was on the tail end of a “breakup” with another roleplay site I had given my heart and soul to, and the idea of starting somewhere new was scary. I wasn’t used to such intricate roleplaying as this; everything I’d really done before was far more of a short burst RP style, and I was scared there was no way I could keep up. There are so many talented writers here, and I didn’t think there was any way I could compare.

But, as is usually the case, my fears were unfounded. From the moment I entered the Discord chat, everyone was so welcoming and accommodating, willing to answer my assortment of questions without batting an eye. Solstice, Vanguard, Gossamer… you all really made my starting experience here a smooth one, and thank you so much for being so patient while I found my footing. And gathering so many thread partners so quickly… it was an ego boost, I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Now onto said lovely thread partners…

Let me start with Savis. Savis who was Azcan, and who I went through my first rapidfire weekend with. We’ve been friends for years across multiple sites and multiple characters, but getting to roleplay with you here was a completely different experience. It was a delight to see you writing in such detail and with such vigor, and my entrance with Azcan was definitely hard to top. Thank you for bringing me here and leading me to all of these other wonderful people! <3 Someday we’ll get to write together again.

Kynier! You’ve been an amazing partner since day one, and Fare Sailing was a thread to remember, that’s for sure. Between a few angry outbursts, some vague death threats, sailing through a storm, and fighting a sea monster, it remains one of my favorites to date, and was a great beginning to what I’m sure will be a fascinating and thoroughly enjoyable friendship between our two characters. I’ve also loved getting to know you OOC, and really enjoy our conversations. You had me at the first pun.

Oh, Anja. Our first thread together was another quite memorable one, and I absolutely cannot wait for more to come! (I swear I’ll have that starter up soon…) How often can one say in their roleplay career that they’ve kicked a possessed shark in the face? I know it was a first for me! XD Meeting your character was a turning point for Kai in more ways than one, and I hope you’re ready for how doggedly she’s going to pursue him. You’re an OOC delight, as well, and finding another Tamora Pierce fan… That was all I needed to find out to know I wanted to be friends with you. You’re a shining star, and I’m so happy to have met you!

Now for miss Ixzo. Your character is another one that I adore, both for the concept of the character itself and how easy you are to write with. Even with the language barrier, Kai and Ixzo still found a way to come together, and part of the reason I enjoyed that thread so much was the unique challenge it presented. I eagerly look forward to our future plans, and I can’t wait to see so much more of the fierce night lioness with a heart of gold.

Kelski—our thread together is another one I’m really enjoying, even if it has been fairly slow going. I was so thrilled when you asked if I would be interested in such a dark and intricate plot, and I’m stoked to see where it goes. While it’s disappointing to read that you’ll be focusing more on soloed threads, I still hope we can get our girls together at some point again to clear out some more of Sunberth’s scum.

As just about all of you know, I also play Zavya, who I’ve been enjoying writing just as much as I’ve loved Kai. So, of course, I have to call out my fabulous Ravokian partners too…

Shiress! Our first thread together is going to be hard to top. Action, combat, sappiness, tears, all with a healthy dose of alcohol… it had everything you could want and more. I absolutely love the dynamic between Zav and Shi, and I can’t wait to see where it takes us in the future. Thank you for giving my broken girl a taste of hope and compassion and for giving her the opportunity call another a friend. On top of being a great IC friend, you’re an awesome OOC friend, as well, and our conversations always have me in stitches. I hope Ravok can handle all the… havoc… we’re going to wreak. Ravok. Havoc. Heh.

Belugnir, you crack me up more than any character ever has before. The second you called Zavya a “striped twat,” it was all over. I always have and always will have a soft spot for sassy characters, and Bel is nothing if not that. And beyond that… thanks for the amusing conversations and drawings of my two ladies. I’ve never had anyone lewd my characters before. xD …at least that I knew of. I can’t wait to go on more murder cat and murder hobo adventures with you.

Elias… Not going to lie, your writing intimidated the hell out of me (and kind of still does…), but this thread we have going is outstanding. Replying to you is an exciting challenge in more ways than one, and I’m always anxious to see what will happen next.

Zuhre-I miss you, come back! You’re such a gifted writer, and I need so much more!

To all my other partners I didn’t specifically call out, you’re still wonderful, and I’ve yet to have a thread here that I didn’t enjoy. I’m so happy I’ve been able to find a home away from home here, and I hope to be able to call it that for a long time to come. Thank you all for your patience while I juggle two characters, and I can’t wait to see where the plots take us. Happy holidays, everyone!

xoxo

Kailani/Zavya <3
Kailani
Daughter of the Sea

Words: 176158
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2018, 5:16 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Merry Christmas!

Postby Shiress on December 26th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Im arriving to the party a little late, but I would still like to achknowledge a few folks and wish everyone here on Mizahar a beautiful and happy new year!

The first person I would like to acknowledge is Gossamer. Let's be honest, we have all been subject to her wrath at some point here on Mizahar, and if we are even more honest, we probably deserved it. I know I have. coughs Bronwen coughs. I think Goss has two hearts; an administrator's heart and a player's heart. In that I mean she can make me feel like an absolute incompetent child one day, then go online shopping with me until three o clock in the morning the next. Or make me feel a mass quantity of guilt for being stupid with a PC, but then chat with me for hours about cats or comfort me because one of my furbabies is sick. I truly can respect that. I respect her even more for what she does for Mizahar, my second home, behind the scenes, keeping our forums clean of spam, and weening out undedicated, drama creating, ST abusing writers from wasting the time of serious and dedicated writers.

Goss, thank you for what you do for Mizahar. So many adore this place, and I hope we all realize if it weren't for you, Mizahar would not be the place we love.

I have been writing Shiress for quite a few years, but only in the last couple do I feel like my heart was really in it. I've had a lot of ups and downs with Shiress, some were due to my own stupidity, but most were due to city closures and absent players. When I brought Shiress to Ravok, I had another setback. My next shout out goes to Prophet (I know he is retired, but he's still around with his PC) I went on a depressive hiatus after a significant plot fell through and I was completely ready to give up, if not outright retire Shiress. Prophet saw none of it. He constantly hit me up in chat, asking me what he could do to help, what I could do to better my experience and further my plots. He swore to me that he would create a plot that I would not have to fear losing, I trusted him, and he did it. Prophet established a location and NPC just so I could get back into writing and feel secure. I thank you, Prophet, for bringing me back from the brink of a Mizahar catastrophe. Your concern and caring made me give this awesome place another go, and it worked! Thank you! Thank you!

Elias and Rook are the next two. I can't separate the two for some reason :p
Elias and Rook were the first writers in my RP life to ever show a sincere and genuine interest in Shiress and for that my real life heart has become attached to them both. Elias has shoved Shiress forward in her plots in no way anyone ever has, even myself. The dedication that he has given to see Shiress where she needs to be is true friendship, and I love him for that. Rook has given me a reason to keep Shiress going. Sharing such a monumental, lifelong attachment for a PC with mine touched my heart and gave me confidence in Shiress that I haven't felt in a very long time. Plus, letting me vent to you in chat while you lay in bed early in the morning helps too ;)

Belugnir is next. Bel is such a genuinely kind person and has always seen the best in Shiress and my writing when I fail to. He will also call me out when I'm being a ranting baby about something and pretty much tell me to get over it, then share a really cool doodle with me. Bel just has a way about him that always puts me in a better mood. I love his writing style, too, and the way he can take a really annoying asshole PC and make everyone love him.... it's a writing miracle!

Then there's my newest buddy, Zavya. Shiress hasn't had much IC time with her but the time she has had has been a blast! I love the way she's so easy to talk to and isn't scared to push the plot along with her own ideas. Her surprises IC and writing style always has me looking forward to her reply and pushes and motivates me with my own. I can definitely see us being BFF's IC and out

Honestly, I could go on and on and on about all the incredible Ravok players and then move to other cities. Truth is, I just love everything about Mizahar, and the players are not the least of it. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish every one of you guys a joyous new year! I love you all, my second family, with all my heart!
Beautiful Boxcode Credit: Rohka
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Previous