OOC Info Ravok Clean-up Thread

This is an effort to centralize and address all of the CURRENT outstanding requests, questions and related issues.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Gillar on March 10th, 2019, 12:00 am

Alright, so this is an attempt to bring together all of the various requests, questions and related issues that have remain outstanding and are current. By this I mean, if you have something that hasn't been answered or addressed as it relates to Ravok and its surroundings, post in this thread. You can also post with a link to an existing request, question, etc., or you can re-post here. Note that this thread is not taking the place of other request threads. I simply want to condense the backlog to this thread so I can more easily address it rather than hop around different threads searching for things that may or may not still be relevant.

So please link to or re-post (one or the other but not both) your NPC requests and questions about the city, Rhysol, Ebonstryfe, Black Sun, etc. As for grade requests, please post links to the threads all in a single post so I have a primary location from which to reach them. I ask that you refrain from numerous posts for separate things. If you can get all of what you need down in a single thread, I can more easily get to it all.

Finally if you have any questions about this thread, please ask. I am going to be working on revamping a bit as far as where to find information, where to request and cleaning out old stuff that has been abandoned for whatever the reason. With your help, I hope to get the city forum a bit more under control and be able to help you in turn to have a good writing experience here in Ravok.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Itt on March 10th, 2019, 5:59 am

I have a couple of things pending approval, however, I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it. Basically this thread is essentially bumping up relevant requests and questions that people still need approved/answered? If that's not the case then let me know and I'll remove the requests below.

NPC :
I don't know what the skill distribution is for city NPCs so I can easily change his stats if I did it wrong.
Name: Klaus Linfoot
Race: Mix Blood: Human/Dhani
Sex: Male
Birthday: 60th of Summer 477 A.V.
Skills: Undertaking (61), Embalming (47), Sailing (37) Intimidation (5)
Purpose: City NPC
Background: Klaus comes from a long line of undertakers, his parents and the parents of his parents, and the parents before them all having been in the business. Due to his hardly notable family name, he became an undertaker as well not because he wanted to continue family traditions, but because it was something he could use to get his way.

Notes: Although Klaus is not particularly skilled in intimidation or manipulation, he still tries to scare those of weak wills into performing favours for him, claiming that they will be the next body he buries at the bottom of the lake and things of the sort. He's not physically imposing in any regard and is rather old, but his unkempt appearance and raspy voice may or may not be enough to get a few small chills out of foreigners.

He does not typically engage in anything illegal per se, but he has no qualms for manipulating to get what he wants. He is shifty and untrustworthy, loyal to no one besides Rhysol and those who give him money.

Name: Charles Stewart (Chas)
Race: Human
Birthday: 14th of Winter 482 A.V.
Skills: Animal Husbandry (30), Weapon: Spear (20)
Purpose: Stationary NPC

Background: Charles grew up in Syliras where he strived for Knighthood. However, he never was able to become a knight due to his questionable personality consisting of a large ego and a general lack of integrity, thus never earning his quest to become a Knight. After many years (10~) of contemplation and self-guidance, Charles looked for a new outlet to show his faith to his deity, Yahal, and do good onto the world. His egotistically based faith in Yahal led him directly to Ravok in hopes to remain undercover, thinking he could dispel some of the chaos within.

However, his escapade did not end so well, given the heightened awareness of such individuals by the Ebonstryfe and Black Sun from Winter. He was quickly discovered by two eager civilians looking to protect their city in Rhysol's name and was chased a little ways into the wilds where he was unintentionally trapped in some rocks and left to die.

Notes: I'm planning on Charles succumbing to his injuries inflicted onto him by the civilians, as well as for him to have the Stone Fist Pendant prize from the last weekend challenge that I rolled for. Itt would essentially try to help him but fail, inheriting the pendant. I can explain more about his story if needed.

I also have a question about Itt's seasonal wages that I need to talk to you about. I already sent a PM about it so I won't repeat it here unless you want me too, I already feel like I'm pushing too much by reposting my NPC request.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Itt on March 10th, 2019, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Maore on March 10th, 2019, 3:21 pm

ImageName: Ennoia Nitrozian
Birthday: Winter 1 494 AV
Skills: Animal Handling 31, Intimidation 18, Observation 31, Hypnotism 18, Unarmed Combat 20, Medicine 39
Purpose: Prepare Kelvic slaves for sale at auction, assess physical health of these slaves.
Background: Ennoia's mother was a Drykas slave and his father a Nitrozian doctor. Born from their union, raised on the breast of his husband's wife, Ennoia was all but deprived of knowing his heritage. He did, in time, come to recognize his biological mother, but disregarded her claim as his true mother almost immediately. Not without guile, however, he let her teach him of her culture, let her regale him with stories of horses on a vast plain and freedom outside of this offshore settlement, and he took advantage of her willingness, and then ratted her out to his father. His mother, a beaten and abused wreck of a woman, never recovered from the punishment, and he moved on quite cheerily, aspiring for something greater than what she'd dreamt for him.

A studious young man, Ennoia studied at the Institute for Higher Learning, picked up a few things from his half siblings, and set his eyes on a grand career in taking care of and managing slaves spit out by the KRI. He did have quite the way with animals, and with the good fortune to not easily develop feelings for the livestock pushed out by the breeding programs, he thrived.
Notes: This character speaks Common fluently and Pavi at a basic level. He is found primarily in the KRI but isn't uncommon in Ravok's places of entertainment on his time off.
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Elias Caldera on March 15th, 2019, 9:41 am

WIP
Last edited by Elias Caldera on March 22nd, 2019, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Zavya on March 16th, 2019, 1:07 am

Ryker
ImageName: Ryker Valdinox
Race: Mixed Blood – ¼ Isur, ¾ Human
DoB: 64th of Summer, 478 AV (aged 40)
PoB: Ravok
Gnosis: None
Skills: Brawling 32, Endurance 26, Hunting 46, Intimidation 37, Foraging 25, Observation 40, Persuasion 42, Politics 34, Seduction 41, Tracking 43, Trapping 30, Unarmed Combat 39, Weapon-Longbow 45, Weapon-Sword 28, Wilderness Survival 48

Ryker Valdinox is a large, muscular man with a shrewd mind and rugged good looks, lucky enough to be born to one of the major families of Ravok. He is grandson to the original Valdinox herself, son of one of her sons, and revels in his societal status. Personality wise, he is a man capable of both great kindness and great cruelty, and it is hard to tell which side will win out on which day.

He is a hunter by profession, though more for sport than out of necessity. His predatory tendencies often come into play in day-to-day life, as well—toying with those around him that he perceives as “lesser” than himself. Zayva, his Kelvic slave, is a frequent victim to his manipulations. She is his possession and nothing more, so he sees no harm in his actions.

The man is also a dedicated follower of Rhysol, his family intimately connected with the Temple of the Black Sun. While some only pay lip service to the deity in charge of the city, Ryker’s devotion is deep and genuine. He truly believes in their Father’s protection and vision, and looks disdainfully upon outsiders who think of Rhysol as an abomination.

Also, as an added question... Since Zavya spent the vast majority of Winter escaped from Ryker and in Belugnir's care instead, I assume that means he would pay her expenses instead?

tiny filler words
Zavya
Hear me roar

Words: 151900
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2018, 9:58 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Gillar on March 20th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Thank you thus far for the responses in this thread. I am going to be going through the NPC List and updating it not only to include the requested one's here but some additional ones related to evolution of the city over the past few seasons.

In regards to the ones requested here, some may have to be tweaked a bit but I will work with you all on that.

Elias, as far as the unit is concerned, I am going to elaborate in the Lore as well as the Codex on the structure of an Ebonstryfe Unit as well as hierarchy structure in general as I realize that a lot of things about the Ebonstryfe as well as the Black Sun are not very well explained. Your proposed soldiers are more in line with high level City NPCs as opposed to soldiers in an Ebonstryfe unit.

That said, you've introduced something that has not been fully considered before as far as NPCs are concerned and for that, I thank you. I will be creating a new class of NPC that will address NPCs who are assigned to PCs as a part of a military, religious or other organization where such things occur. Examples would be the Ebonstryfe, Black Sun, Syliran Knights and Sunberth Gangs to name a few. These NPCs will not be as advanced as City NPCs but will be more advanced than a simple traveling NPC . These NPCs, while under the command of a particular NPC, would also be subject to the commands of the NPC organization in some cases; a shared command of sorts which would allow them to be a bit more hefty than a standard NPC while still allowing the PC a good amount of freedom in their use.

I am already working on this as I type here. I suggest we revisit the skills of each member of the unit once the new type of NPC is introduced.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Gillar on March 20th, 2019, 7:30 pm

As part of the clean-up, I am looking at a lot of locations and Codex information and realize that a lot of it remains the same as it did when I first created Ravok around 10 years ago. So much of Mizahar has evolved yet these things haven't. I would greatly enjoy any help any of you can give me in pointing out things that you feel need more detail, answers, development, etc. I know places like The Institute of Higher Learning needs a lot of work as well as some work done on the whole employment situation. Anything you guys can find, please post it here.

I will be revamping and updating a lot of things going forward; starting with the NPCs but including so much more in order to get Ravok more streamlined, informative and easier to navigate. While Ravok has had many Storytellers over the years, each with their own great ideas and ways of running the city, many things have fallen through the cracks or have gotten confusing. I want to fix that.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Rook on March 20th, 2019, 8:08 pm

I I think there's been a little bit of debate on the amount of time travel takes in Ravok. I know we've discussed it in chat, but I think it might also be good to have it written down in the lore somewhere. Like, for example, how long does it take to get from the Lakeshore to Ravok proper? How long does it take to navigate from one side of the city to the other? How big is the lake compared to the rest of Ravok, and how long would it take to circumnavigate it (assuming you don't get eaten by something monstrous and horrible)? How far away is the North Ravok Outpost from the city? Stuff like that might also be good to have streamlined.
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Gillar on March 21st, 2019, 12:33 am

I heard about the discussion in chat regarding the travel time within Ravok. I never really considered that when I first created the city and I don't think it was ever fully addressed by the Storytellers since then. I will add that to my sticky notes and see if I can come up with a good, relatively realistic estimate on how long it takes to travel throughout the city, both on foot and by Ravosala. I know it takes around four hours, depending on conditions, from the mainland to the city going at about 10 knots. While conditions are usually ideal, I don't think I've emphasized just how dangerous that journey can be due to the many horrors that inhabit the lake. I will be sure to elaborate more on those threats as well. Thank you for bringing up the travel time thing though, I agree it would be quite helpful.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Ravok Clean-up Thread

Postby Gillar on July 27th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Updated the NPC list a bit; I know, VERY late but its in there now. I am also looking at updating a few more things here and there and I hope to start the main seasonal quest here shortly. I am looking at a few new directions for Ravok to help it evolve as a city and some changes to the city will likely be happening to further that goal. Nothing earth-shattering but it will hopefully be fun.
Gillar
Forging the World

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Next